Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2015, 19:51   #241
BANNED

re: Bangalore - Shimoga : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
- Swathi Delicacy:
- Just a bit ahead : Adigas
Had snacks at this place on the return journey. Thanks Ampere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
After you take the left from Neelamangala towards Hasssan, about 20-25 minutes of drive will get you to Shark Food Court on your left. Decent to tasty south Indian breakfast, good enough parking space and clean toilets. This is if you want an early breakfast right after crossing Bangalore. I found the place pretty acceptable.
Thanks, we left pretty late from Bangalore and hence stopped at the first place after the first toll, it was Navarathna or something, decent place.
Old 7th September 2015, 21:35   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resfeber View Post
Thanks Badri! Planning to visit Jog this weekend, fearing I may see just a trickle like the previous trip!

Don't want to drive around in the sun around Shimoga lol, it gets really hot there.
What I heard from my relatives is that temperature is already bit high and people are sweating while walking on the roads. This is the situation in Sagar. But there is bit of rain also. You can expect some rain near Jog.
meetbadri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 16:18   #243
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

What is the best option to bypass Shimoga on my way to/from Jog Falls from/to Bangalore? Is there a bypass / RR?

Thanks in advance...
Old 15th October 2015, 17:07   #244
BHPian

When coming from Sagar on NH206 just when you are entering Shimoga, there is a Mahindra showroom (commercial vehicles) on the left, about 100m from there you will reach Prof Krishnappa circle, take a right here onto Gopala Gowda road and continue on that road, you should end up just before the Tunga bridge on NH206. (Where NH13 meets NH206)

Not exactly a bypass, sort of a ring road. Should bypass the busy shimoga town.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
drhoneycake is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 17:13   #245
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Hi all,

What is the best option to bypass Shimoga on my way to/from Jog Falls from/to Bangalore? Is there a bypass / RR?

Thanks in advance...
Here you go:

Shimoga Bypass for NH206

I have taken this bypass. Works well. But yes some sections like the ring road will see city traffic.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 10:41   #246
adu
BHPian

Has anyone tried the Bangalore-Tumkur-Chitradurga-Shimoga route? I know it is about 30 kilometers more, but hear the roads are good. You have NH4 and NH13 all through and hence was wondering if this is a good option.
Old 17th October 2015, 12:33   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
Has anyone tried the Bangalore-Tumkur-Chitradurga-Shimoga route?
Road repair and widening works were going on in Chitradurga - Holalkere stretch with few diversions and rough patches
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 16:47   #248
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
Has anyone tried the Bangalore-Tumkur-Chitradurga-Shimoga route? I know it is about 30 kilometers more, but hear the roads are good. You have NH4 and NH13 all through and hence was wondering if this is a good option.
Avoid this route now as there is work in progress to widen the chitradurga-shimoga stretch.
You can do Bangalore-nelamangala-channarayapatna-gandasi-arsikere, join back on NH206 and proceed to Shimoga. You get to use NH4,48,206 and the SH between CR Patna-Arsikere which are all in good condition.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 12:05   #249
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I am planning to visit Goa next week and initially the plan was to drive from Mangalore, but due to some circumstances, it got changed.

Now, the plan is to drive down to Shimoga on Sunday. Stay overnight and next day drive to Gokarna via Honnavar and then to South Goa.

I am going to take NH48-NH206 for my journey till Shimoga. I want to know the road conditions between Shimoga-Jog Falls and then Jog Falls-Honnavar. I will be driving Amaze and am very conscious about taking the road that my car can handle given its low GC.

Any idea about the road condition between Shimoga-Honnavar?

Thanks,
Guru
Old 24th October 2015, 08:16   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazeGuru View Post
Hi Folks,

I am planning to visit Goa next week and initially the plan was to drive from Mangalore, but due to some circumstances, it got changed.

Hi Guru,

Please refer to my post in the following thread:-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3826807

Regards,
Aniketh

Last edited by ampere : 24th October 2015 at 13:14. Reason: Removed bulk of quoted post
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 07:04   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,

I want to know the road conditions between Shimoga-Jog Falls and then Jog Falls-Honnavar. I will be driving Amaze and am very conscious about taking the road that my car can handle given its low GC.

Thanks,
Guru
I did this stretch about a month back and the road conditions between Honnavar and Jog are Okayish. You will cross a ghat section and the road is narrow and patchy. At some places, it is good only for one car to move and you might be forced by oncoming cabbies and buses to move down the shoulder of the road, which again can be tricky. So, be careful in this stretch.
The road from Jog to Shimoga is a breeze (except a few stretches - wide roads most of the way.
acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 12:25   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did this stretch 2 days back. Shimoga to Honnavar is a mix of good and average with a few narrow patches in between. Nothing to worry about w.r.t. low ground clearance. Should be doable in under 4 hours. BTW Jog is disappointing in terms of water flow as of yesterday :(
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 15:39   #253
Senior - BHPian

Dear rockyb4u:

I need to go visit the gentleman on Sunday. Could you please let me know his exact address in Narasipura?

Also, when should I plan to be there for getting a slot. This is for an initial consultation.

would appreciate if you PM me your #. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb4u View Post
Thank you Suhas. I have taken the Chitradurga Route last week and stayed at Hombuja Hotel. You are right, the staff are very helpful. It took me exactly 6 hrs to reach the hotel with very minimal breaks.

I guess I will keep visiting Narasipura quite often going forward (The crowd at the place and the feedback from people over there gave me the trust) and will try the route you mentioned.

If anyone planning to visit this place Narasipura, I suggest you quite early. I was there by 2 AM in the night and there was long queue already and I ended up getting the medicine only at 11.30 AM.

Thanks,
Old 13th November 2015, 16:13   #254
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
I need to go visit the gentleman on Sunday. Could you please let me know his exact address in Narasipura?
Please check the following links, one of them has a contact # as well.
I've also asked a friend for the address, phone #, etc - he'd visited recently. Will post as soon as I receive the information.

Link 1
Link 2
Old 13th November 2015, 18:18   #255
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
My friend called back and said he does not have the address but anyone on the streets can guide you once you get to Shimoga, he is that popular.
You need to get to the Tirthahalli road from Shimoga and turn right towards Anandapura at Narsipura junction. Once on this road, you need to turn left and there is a small sign board there else you can ask someone.

Route from Bangalore - Take either of these routes:
Bangalore-Nelamangala-Channarayapatna-Arsikere-Shimoga-Anandapura

OR

Bangalore-Tumkur-Arsikere-Shimoga-Anandapura

Saturdays and Sundays are very crowded I'm told, so please try to reach very early on Sunday or on Saturday afternoon itself so that in case you can't meet him on Saturday, then you can meet for consultation on Sunday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks