Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2015, 07:55   #256
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Shimoga : Route Queries

Am sorry for the delayed response. I don't have the exact address. But from anandpura you need to take a diversion and everyone will guide you. I would say you better be there by 2 AM so you will finish the work early. Also they are giving the medicine on Saturday evenings as well around 4 pm sometimes. I went there last time in bus by starting in the morning 7 am. Reached Shimoga, had lunch and took bus to anandpura. Have taken an auto for 100 bucks to Narasipura. The auto helped me to get the medicine as well. By 5 pm I am out and took the night Volvo back to Bangalore. Felt this is better than the Sunday morning long queue. Only glitch I heard we cannot be sure if they will give on Saturday evenings always. I took chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Dear rockyb4u:

I need to go visit the gentleman on Sunday. Could you please let me know his exact address in Narasipura?

Also, when should I plan to be there for getting a slot. This is for an initial consultation.

would appreciate if you PM me your #. Thank you.
Old 7th December 2015, 13:16   #257
BHPian

Hello - Can anyone let me know the present road condition of Shivamogga - Chennagiri - Chitradurga? Please let me know if anyone took this route in past couple of weeks?
Old 7th December 2015, 18:16   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharathScorp View Post
Hello - Can anyone let me know the present road condition of Shivamogga - Chennagiri - Chitradurga? Please let me know if anyone took this route in past couple of weeks?
Shimoga - Bhadravati - Channagiri is good with few rough patches, potholes and speedbreakers in between

Not sure about the present condition of Channagiri - Chitradurga. Road widening works were going on some time back

Last edited by Klub Class : 7th December 2015 at 18:20.
Old 8th December 2015, 12:57   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharathScorp View Post
One of my relatives did this route a couple of weeks back and wasn't particularly happy with the Shimoga Chitradurga stretch. Some big potholes plus ongoing road work hampered him. I suggested him to take the Arasikere - Chanrayapatna option for the return journey and he was very happy with this route.
Santoshbhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 19:48   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
One of my relatives did this route a couple of weeks back and wasn't particularly happy with the Shimoga Chitradurga stretch. Some big potholes plus ongoing road work hampered him. I suggested him to take the Arasikere - Chanrayapatna option for the return journey and he was very happy with this route.
Thanks, Santosh. Need to visit Shivamogga this weekend. Might do the same taking the stress free Channarayapatna - Arsikere route instead of trying Chitradurga - Chennagiri. Shall update here after the trip.
Old 16th December 2015, 12:13   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Did a Bangalore - Shimoga (River tern lodge, Lakkavalli) last weekend.

Onward route : Bangalore - Tumkur - Arsikere - Tarikere - River Tern lodge

NICE road Tumkur road exit - 06:30 AM
CCD Arsikere -08:50 AM
Bio break and started at 09:25 AM
Jungle lodge - 11:10 AM

Return Journey: River tern lodge - Amrutapura temple - Arsikere - Chanarayapatana - NICE road.
Start : 11:00 AM
Amrutapura temple : 11:50 AM
Start from temple: 12:05 PM, another ~20 mins to reach highway near Tarikere
Arsikere : 1:15 PM
Right turn towards Chanarayapatana
Hirsave toll : 02:30 PM
Lunch break at Mayura hotel : 02:45 ~ 03:11 PM
NICE road entry : 04:26 PM

Road conditions between Tumkur and Kadur is good mostly apart from couple of patches.

Kadur - Birur - Tarikere has started to develop potholes. As of now, you can drive around the same, however few of them are deep and can cause serious damage to tyre. Saw a Honda City with tyre blownout after hitting a pothole.

Arsikere - Chanarayapatna: First time I took this route, scenic and well maintained road. Less to moderate traffic.

Chanarayapatna - NICE road entry : They have 'decorated' speed breaker near Adi Chunchunagiri college with couple of barricades. Bit easier to spot now. Traffic was high since it was a weekend. Also for first time noticed lots of cattle roaming on the median, never noticed it in this route till now.
mpksuhas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 16:25   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Did a Bangalore - Shimoga (River tern lodge, Lakkavalli) last weekend.

Arsikere - Chanarayapatna: First time I took this route, scenic and well maintained road. Less to moderate traffic.
I will be driving to Thirthahalli next week. I have always taken the Tumkur -Arsikere route. Is it easy to find directions?
Does taking Arsikere - Chanarayapatna save time? Also I hope to find better eateries between Bangalore & Chanarayapatna. Can you suggest some for break fast & lunch (While returning)?

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th March 2016, 16:38   #263
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I will be driving to Thirthahalli next week. I have always taken the Tumkur -Arsikere route. Is it easy to find directions?
Does taking Arsikere - Chanarayapatna save time? Also I hope to find better eateries between Bangalore & Chanarayapatna. Can you suggest some for break fast & lunch (While returning)?

Thanks in advance.
More than saving time, it gets you good hotels on the highway. That alone is a good reason to take it!

Jokes apart, basically it saves you the traffic on Bangalore-Tumkur and also going past Tumkur town. Plus its gets good 4-lane till CR Patna.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 17:39   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
More than saving time, it gets you good hotels on the highway. That alone is a good reason to take it!

Jokes apart, basically it saves you the traffic on Bangalore-Tumkur and also going past Tumkur town. Plus its gets good 4-lane till CR Patna.
Adding to what ampere has said, you will encounter too many speed breakers from Tumkur till Tiptur and its really a pain with all those trucks and buses. Via Channaraypatna it saves lot of time and you can do constant speeds with a leisured break.

Also the stretch between Channaraypatna and Arsikere is peaceful with minimal vehicles and helps you cover more distance.

I have been regular on this stretch from couple of months and trust me I have done Bangalore - Shimoga in flat 4 hours including half an hour for breakfast. I leave by 5.30AM from Nagarbhavi and reach Shimoga by 9.30AM, I usually stop at Preethi Canteen for breakfast around 8.30AM
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 18:49   #265
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can you suggest some for break fast & lunch (While returning)?
If you take Bangalore-Nelamangala-Channarayapatna route, you can stop at Swathi Delicacy near Yediyur, this is about 100 Km from Bangalore on your right side and there is a break in the median just after you cross the hotel so you can make a U-turn and head back.
Another 10Km away you have Mayura on the left at Bellur Cross.
These are 2 good options before you turn right towards Arsikere at Channarayapatna.
At Arsikere there is a CCD too (just in case).
By lunch time you should be in Tirthahalli.

For your return journey, you can again stop at Mayura or Swathi for lunch since Shimoga will be too close to Tirthahalli and too early for lunch.

Last edited by NPV : 17th March 2016 at 18:51.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 21:08   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does taking Arsikere - .
Would suggest you to check Chennarayapatana route. I had taken this route few months back, you can find the pic here

For food , you can stop at Mayura hotel.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 16:41   #267
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Shimoga : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Would suggest you to check Chennarayapatana route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
By lunch time you should be in Tirthahalli.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Also the stretch between Channaraypatna and Arsikere is peaceful with minimal vehicles and helps you cover more distance.
Quote:
Thanks for the help. Took the Whitefield - CR Patna - Arsikere - Shimoga route to Thirthahalli. Good roads through out. The CR Patna - Arsikere road seems to be patched up recently and is in good condition. Had breakfast at a newly opened A2B 3 -4 KMs after the right turn to Arsikere on NH 48. Had to drive around 4 kMS further on NH 48 to have food at A2B. Took 7 hours 15 mins for the onward journey and 7.5 hours for the return. Stayed at Kolavara Homestay.
pramodpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 16:46   #268
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Had breakfast at a newly opened A2B 3 -4 KMs after the right turn to Arsikere on NH 48. Had to drive around 4 kMS further on NH 48 to have food at A2B.
You should try Swathi Delicacy after Kunigal bypass. I find it much nicer (Again thats subjective to oneself).
Old 28th March 2016, 16:57   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You should try Swathi Delicacy after Kunigal bypass. I find it much nicer (Again thats subjective to oneself).
Did not stop at Swathi or Mayura as it was too early. The sign boards to the new A2B appeared soon after but did not realize that it was after the turn off to Arsikere. Took a brief tea break at Mayura on the way back as we expected Swathi to be very crowded and it was. Had lunch at a new(Small) restaurant at Bhadravati bypass. Saw couple of new hotels in Kadur (did not see them last April).
Old 28th March 2016, 19:43   #270
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Had breakfast at a newly opened A2B 3 -4 KMs after the right turn to Arsikere on NH 48. Had to drive around 4 kMS further on NH 48 to have food at A2B. Took 7 hours 15 mins for the onward journey and 7.5 hours for the return. Stayed at Kolavara Homestay.
That's the newish A2B at Udayapura I guess.
Also, Kolavara is a nice place. What other places did you visit ?

Most Viewed