Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2016, 13:41   #1021
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore to Munnar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Any pointer on where this new bypass has come up? Is there any sign board?
It does not show up on Google route. Look for Dindigal Biryani outlet and right next you can the exit. I think it shown in satellite mode.

See Here

(Enable Satellite mode)
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 14:14   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
It does not show up on Google route. Look for Dindigal Biryani outlet and right next you can the exit. I think it shown in satellite mode.

See Here

(Enable Satellite mode)
OK. I see in the satellite mode the road as under construction. I guess, this is complete now as per info in this forum.
Old 9th April 2016, 11:36   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
J
You now have a Batlagundu bypass. I think you will need to drive past the bypass for about a km towards the town to reach this hotel.
Thats a good news. It took me close to 25 minutes to cross Batlagundu last year on a long weekend, while going to Munnar.

I remember seeing a non-working Toll Booth between Dindigul and Batlagundu. Have they activated that ? Or still this road remains toll free?
Old 9th April 2016, 22:30   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landkruzer View Post
Thats a good news. It took me close to 25 minutes to cross Batlagundu last year on a long weekend, while going to Munnar.

I remember seeing a non-working Toll Booth between Dindigul and Batlagundu. Have they activated that ? Or still this road remains toll free?
There is no toll booth after Dindigul bypass, towards Theni.
Old 13th April 2016, 18:20   #1025
BHPian

Quote:

This was still non-functional as on yesterday.

The Batlagandu bypass is open now. Actually they closed it near the exit at Eden Garden Restaurant for some construction work (while i was on my way to Munnar on 8th April). However, It was open while I returned yesterday. Once the mid-way bridge is completed, it will be a smooth bypass.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th April 2016 at 20:25. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
DigitalDragon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 10:55   #1026
BHPian

Any latest update on Bangalore-Munnar route via Dindigul? We are heading to Club Mahindra. So, prefer this route.

We will be starting towards evening from Bangalore. So, expected to reach Munnar late in the night? Is this route safe for night driving? Any wild animals to be expected? Occasionally hear about wild elephants blocking traffic, especially in the night. Does that happen on this route?

How is the weather these days?

Regards
Rex
Old 25th April 2016, 13:27   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
Any latest update on Bangalore-Munnar route via Dindigul? We are heading to Club Mahindra. So, prefer this route.

We will be starting towards evening from Bangalore. So, expected to reach Munnar late in the night? Is this route safe for night driving? Any wild animals to be expected? Occasionally hear about wild elephants blocking traffic, especially in the night. Does that happen on this route?

Regards
Rex
You will not encounter elephants on this route. You may see them in the Chinnar route.
Old 25th April 2016, 14:49   #1028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
You will not encounter elephants on this route. You may see them in the Chinnar route.
I thought Bodi stretch is known to have wild elephants during night ? I did this stretch during last Dec, but was during the day and did not encounter any wildlife. I might be wrong on the elephant trouble, Regulars on that route should be able to confirm.
Old 25th April 2016, 14:53   #1029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post

Regards
Rex
Many years back when I traveled on the Udumalaipet route, I spotted quite a number of elephants crossing the road. This was in the month of December and during the morning time.
Old 25th April 2016, 15:20   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I thought Bodi stretch is known to have wild elephants during night ? I did this stretch during last Dec, but was during the day and did not encounter any wildlife. I might be wrong on the elephant trouble, Regulars on that route should be able to confirm.
I have done this route during day time. I have not encountered any wild life.
Old 25th April 2016, 15:41   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
It is still non-functional as of yesterday (24 Apr 2016)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
The Batlagandu bypass is open now. Actually they closed it near the exit at Eden Garden Restaurant for some construction work (while i was on my way to Munnar on 8th April). However, It was open while I returned yesterday. Once the mid-way bridge is completed, it will be a smooth bypass.
Was not aware of the bypass when traveled, but I noticed in the Eden Garden restaurant side the road is blocked with mud.
Old 25th April 2016, 21:16   #1032
BHPian

Going to Munnar, from the 14 May to 17 May, and will staying at the Rivulet, 05 families and three vehicles. Please inform me of the road conditions after you turn of from 49 to Kavubhakam-Rajakumari-Bison Valley-Rivulet or should we go via Munnar and then deviate to the Rivulet.
Old 9th May 2016, 12:43   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post
Going to Munnar, from the 14 May to 17 May, and will staying at the Rivulet, 05 families and three vehicles. Please inform me of the road conditions after you turn of from 49 to Kavubhakam-Rajakumari-Bison Valley-Rivulet or should we go via Munnar and then deviate to the Rivulet.
Just 4 days for my trip-anyone, who is familiar, with the Poopara-Rajakkad-Kunchhitanny route as we have a booking at the Rivulet, please advice?
Old 9th May 2016, 13:12   #1034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post
Just 4 days for my trip-anyone, who is familiar, with the Poopara-Rajakkad-Kunchhitanny route as we have a booking at the Rivulet, please advice?
Pooppara-Rajakkad is reportedly in good shape as per this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post3967474

The Rajakkad-Kunchithanny-Anachal route was also quite OK when I travelled that way about a year back. But don't expect roads to be butter-smooth highway quality. The roads around those parts are quite narrow, steep and curvy and you would find rough patches off and on. No idea about the condition of the road from Kunchithanny to Rivulet resort (or for that matter the one from Munnar to Rivulet resort either) since I've never driven that way.

Might be a good idea to ask the people at the Resort for their opinion on which route to take - some of the roads in the Munnar area are strictly 4WD territory and only people who travel those routes frequently would know. (Rajakkad to Kunchithanny is fine though - I could do it in my Ford Figo without breaking any sweat)

Last edited by kala : 9th May 2016 at 13:14.
kala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 20:03   #1035
BHPian

Bhpians - need your help on planning my trip in July. In july, i need to go to a temple called Ettukudi ,murugan temple from Bangalore. Its near thiruvarur, tamilnadu. I am planning to do a trip to Munnar before or after the journey to temple. I have decided on Munnar and mostly accommodation will be in Blackberry resorts. I have a 2 year old kid and we will be staying in munnar for 3d/2n. How should i proceed with the planning? Whats your views on whether I should do the Munnar holiday before or after the temple visit?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks