Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2016, 14:29   #991
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Munnar : Route Queries

Hi,
I would be leaving to Munnar on the 10th from Bangalore (planned in a few posts above).
What would be a good breakfast and lunch stop on the highway?
I hope that the A2B in Krishnagiri would be open in the early hours of the morning (6-ish).
Old 8th March 2016, 14:53   #992
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
I hope that the A2B in Krishnagiri would be open in the early hours of the morning (6-ish).
What time are you starting from Bangalore ?
With a 4am start from Bangalore, you can stop for breakfast at the A2B Salem (about 200Km from Bangalore) inside a Bharat petroleum campus on left side of highway. This is under 5Km from the turn off to NH47 from NH7 at Salem
OR
Sree Saravana Bhavan at the NHAI amenity campus another 15 odd Km later (near the Vaigundam toll).
*Both above options assuming you are taking the Udumalaipet route
Old 8th March 2016, 16:49   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
What time are you starting from Bangalore ?
With a 4am start from Bangalore, you can stop for breakfast at the A2B Salem (about 200Km from Bangalore) inside a Bharat petroleum campus on left side of highway. This is under 5Km from the turn off to NH47 from NH7 at Salem
OR
Sree Saravana Bhavan at the NHAI amenity campus another 15 odd Km later (near the Vaigundam toll).
*Both above options assuming you are taking the Udumalaipet route
I am eyeing a 4AM start from Bangalore and taking the Dindigul-Theni route since it directly goes to the Club Mahindra resort. So the NH47 hotels are out. Any good ones on NH7?
Thanks!
Old 8th March 2016, 16:55   #994
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am eyeing a 4AM start from Bangalore and taking the Dindigul-Theni route since it directly goes to the Club Mahindra resort. So the NH47 hotels are out. Any good ones on NH7?
Thanks!
A 4AM start would make it ideal for a break at Salem. You will be there by about 6:30/7. Try Sarvana Bhavan at Salem itself. (Location)

Last edited by ampere : 8th March 2016 at 18:45.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 17:29   #995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
I would be leaving to Munnar on the 10th from Bangalore (planned in a few posts above).
We also have Hotel Sree Saravana Bhavan on the Bangalore Salem highway This is after the left turn to chennai. Food/Tiffin here is also very good. Since you intend to leave by 4 AM, stopping at Salem for breakfast makes sense. The hotels on the highway open by usually 7 30 AM
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 18:26   #996
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
We also have Hotel Sree Saravana Bhavan on the Bangalore Salem highway This is after the left turn to chennai. Food/Tiffin here is also very good.
This one is good and on the kaveripattinam bypass but just about 100km from Bangalore and unlikely to be open since the start time from Bangalore is 4am.
Salem a better option for breakfast stop.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 19:40   #997
Senior - BHPian

Hotel Salem Saravana Bhavan, which comes just immediately after Omalur Toll gate is a nice place to break for yummy food.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 20:26   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Hotel Salem Saravana Bhavan, which comes just immediately after Omalur Toll gate is a nice place to break for yummy food.

-Ravi
This one is on the opposite side while coming from Bangalore, right? Sree Saravanan Bhavan, just before Sangiri Toll is also a good option with good parking space and shops and decent toilets.
Old 8th March 2016, 20:51   #999
BHPian

Thanks for the responses, Salem Saravana Bhavan it is. I would have to get off NH7 at the junction before it, is it not?
Also, is there is a good place for lunch before Theni?
Old 8th March 2016, 21:22   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the responses, Salem Saravana Bhavan it is. I would have to get off NH7 at the junction before it, is it not?
If you leave Bangalore at 4:00 AM, you will reach Munnar by lunch time. Club Mahindra has a decent restaurant. But it is expensive. Threre are 2 small restaurants close to Club Mahindra and Sterling resorts in Munnar, at walking distance. Nothing flashy but decent.
Old 9th March 2016, 07:18   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
If you leave Bangalore at 4:00 AM, you will reach Munnar by lunch time. Club Mahindra has a decent restaurant. But it is expensive. Threre are 2 small restaurants close to Club Mahindra and Sterling resorts in Munnar, at walking distance. Nothing flashy but decent.

You have a decent Rajasthani restaurant near the gas stations at the Munnar town on Munnar-Chinnar route.
Old 9th March 2016, 09:05   #1002
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think you should be able to reach Munnar by lunch time. If you need to stop near Theni you can try Western Gatz (quite a big place has lodging also) or Meenakshi Bhavan next to a Bharat Petroleum bunk (small place but decent enough for a quick bite).

Since you're taking the Theni route you will reach Chinnakanal first and then another hour or so if you need to go to Munnar town, so I suggest you have lunch in Chinnakanal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
You have a decent Rajasthani restaurant near the gas stations at the Munnar town on Munnar-Chinnar route.
I think this is Sujatha Inn but then it is closer to the Munnar town than to Club Mahindra which is at Chinnakanal.

Last edited by NPV : 9th March 2016 at 09:08.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 11:46   #1003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This one is on the opposite side while coming from Bangalore, right? Sree Saravanan Bhavan, just before Sangiri Toll is also a good option with good parking space and shops and decent toilets.
Yes, it is the one in opposite side while going from Bangalore, but since it is not far just few metres away, we can park the car in left after the toll and cross the road in the toll itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I think you should be able to reach Munnar by lunch time. If you need to stop near Theni you can try Western Gatz (quite a big place has lodging also) or Meenakshi Bhavan next to a Bharat Petroleum bunk (small place but decent enough for a quick bite).
As NPV mentioned, Western Gatz is a good place. Also there is another restaurant called "Green Kitchen" which is relatively a new restaurant and a very good place. I have had food there and it was good. Polite staff. Also they have clean rest rooms.

https://goo.gl/maps/Vvj3rgnJn2t

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 14:04   #1004
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Yes, it is the one in opposite side while going from Bangalore, but since it is not far just few metres away, we can park the car in left after the toll and cross the road in the toll itself.
Guys the Saravana Bhavan I referred to is not this one. The one I suggested is right in Salem at the next cross road on the main road (to the right) after the Grand Estansia exit for 5-roads junction. (Location)

Its also called Asai Dosai.
Old 19th March 2016, 15:32   #1005
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Hello Everyone. One of my friend is planning to do a Bangalore > Munnar. Kindly suggest him the best route based on present road conditions. He will be traveling with family.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks