Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2014, 10:58   #856
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Munnar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
1.Some options for breakfast:
2. 10-12 hours is realistic. This route will take you first to Chinnakanal where Club Mahindra and Sterling Resorts are located. From here it will take about an hour to reach Munnar Town about 20Km from Chinnakanal. Where are you planning to stay ?
Thanks NPV. Good information. I am planning to stay in Munnar Town, a hotel by name Archana Residency. I have stayed there before, so going safe this time as well 6 hrs from Munnar to Kodai(when they look so close on the map) is a real pinch isnt it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Since he is planning to start by 4:30 am, these options may not be feasible. Probably GRT at Salem before Namakkal turning would be a better option. However, if Udumalpet route is considered, he can have breakfast at Sree Saravanabhavan at Sangagiri!
Thanks Gokrish. Thats right. i would be well past Krishnagiri and Dharmapuri. GRT Salem was on my mind as well, but when i zoom in google maps, i see a few more places like arya bhavan close to Namakkal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The other option apart from Grand Estancia is Park Plaza. In fact I now prefer Park Plaza to Grand Estancia given a choice between the two. Its about 2km before Grand Estancia.
Thanks Ampere. I am assuming these are on NH7 too?
Old 26th September 2014, 12:04   #857
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightening-Fast View Post
Thanks Ampere. I am assuming these are on NH7 too?
Yes its on NH7. Here is the location.

You just cant miss it. Its a HUGE structure.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 12:38   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Yes its on NH7. Here is the location.

You just cant miss it. Its a HUGE structure.
Thanks Ampere. Beyond Salem, i had read from one of your posts earlier, about Arya Bhavan. Are you refering to this one. This one is about 43 kms from Park Plaza and could be another option for a delayed breakfast
Attached Images

Old 26th September 2014, 12:47   #859
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Ampere. Beyond Salem, i had read from one of your posts earlier, about Arya Bhavan. Are you refering to this one. This one is about 43 kms from Park Plaza and could be another option for a delayed breakfast
I think that Arya Bhavan no longer exists. I was on this section a couple of months back and I remember seeing it closed. Its about 2km before Budhan Santhai. Check with regulars on this road.
Old 29th September 2014, 10:58   #860
BHPian

Guys, any information of stray violence along NH7. Moreover i drive a KA registered vehicle. Hosur and Salem are my worry points. Still got 2 days and i mostly think it should be ok. But any information would help here. Safety first!
Old 29th September 2014, 11:08   #861
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hosur and Salem are my worry points. Still got 2 days and i mostly think it should be ok.
As of now things are normal. However I guess bail petition is supposed to come up tomorrow, do keep a eye for reports after that.

Even I am planning to take the route (towards Kochin) on Thursday, planning of starting early (~3.30 AM) from Bangalore to avoid long weekend rush and trouble makers.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 14:44   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
As of now things are normal. However I guess bail petition is supposed to come up tomorrow, do keep a eye for reports after that.
Looks alright for now. At least nothing has been reported in the media. Bail hearing has been postponed to Monday and that is when i am returning! Not sure if its a good idea to return on Monday
Lightening-Fast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 09:04   #863
BHPian

Guys, my manager and a few colleagues have cancelled their trips stating security reasons. It seems there have been reports on local channel, Public TV, that KA registered cars not being allowed to pass by. I cant confirm this. But i think we will have to wait and watch for now
Old 1st October 2014, 15:06   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

Even I am planning to take the route (towards Kochin) on Thursday, planning of starting early (~3.30 AM) from Bangalore to avoid long weekend rush and trouble makers.
What is the route that you are planning to take?
Old 1st October 2014, 23:33   #865
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
What is the route that you are planning to take?
Hosur- Salem - Avinashi- Pollachi- Vadekenchery - Thrissur- Cochin.
However due to ill health dropped tomorrow mornings plan, will plan for day after tomorrow if health improves.
Old 4th December 2014, 12:35   #866
BHPian

Whats the latest on this route? Whats the best route today for Bangalore - Munnar?
Old 4th December 2014, 13:31   #867
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Whats the latest on this route? Whats the best route today for Bangalore - Munnar?
Where do you plan to stay in Munnar ?

One of the fastest routes is to go on NH7 all the way to Dindigul, then turn off to Batlagundu and go via Theni, Bodi, Chinnakanal (Club Mahindra, Sterling resorts are here).
From Chinnakanal it will take about an hour or so to reach Munnar town about 20km away.

Other route is via Udumalaipet which will take you through Chinnar forest range to Marayoor and to Munnar town directly.
For this you could take Bangalore-Salem (NH7)-turn off to NH 47-Avinashi (4 lane till here)-Mangalam-Pollachi-Udumalaipet-Marayoor-Munnar
Old 4th December 2014, 13:41   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Where do you plan to stay in Munnar ?
Thanks NPV. The place is Rheinberg Homestay , i think its in Munnar town near RC Church as per their location map.
Old 4th December 2014, 14:35   #869
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Thanks NPV. The place is Rheinberg Homestay , i think its in Munnar town near RC Church as per their location map.
Yup. I had stayed there last year. Good place, you need to park at Church's parking and walk ~50 meters to reach their place though.

You can take the second route via Marayoor as mentioned by NPV, en-route you can visit Lakkom waterfalls (which as per Malayalam news channel has good water flow now) and Dolmens (Muniyara) at Marayoor.

Eravikullam national park also is on this route, however you may have to come back for the same since it may not be possible to squeeze it on same day due to time constraints.

When you reach Munnar town on this route, you will see a bridge (you can see a sign board with right turn for Tea Museum). Cross the bridge and soon after take the right AFTER the bridge, this is marked as General hospital road. Few meters on this road you can see the church on the left, take the road which goes inside the church compound and park your vehicle there. Homestay is next to the same.

Do note that once you leave NH 47 you will not find much food/ fuel / toilet options till Munnar.

We had taken this route on our return journey from Munnar, you can see the details here.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2014, 19:05   #870
BHPian

Thanks mpksuhas and NPV for the updates and suggestions. One question after leaving NH 47-Avinashi (4 lane till here)-Mangalam-Pollachi-Udumalaipet-Marayoor-Munnar, is it motorable to small vehicle like Beat? I am assuming they are decently paved, 2 lane sort of a road. True?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks