Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 15:44   #1876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkishore_77 View Post
What is the condition of Mani-BC Road-Pumpwell road.?

I came in this road yesterday morning (from Puttur to Mangalore in bus). Road is in decent condition barring some stretch which is yet to be 4 laned. If you are new to road, driving at night is not advisable. Drive during morning is fine but need to be careful about wrong side traffic and people crossing. All in all this stretch is in good condition and you can surely take this stretch!

We drove in the night couple of weeks back to Puttur from Mangalore. It took one hour.
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:47   #1877
Senior - BHPian

Latest iupdates folks!

On friday i drove down to bangalore and retured back yesterday.

while going i took abut 8hrs since i started late got stuck in traffice ..

on my way back i took about 6hrs... started early so it was nice

bangy to kunigal vial Magadi road..lovely road!
Kunigal to adichunchungiri -- decent/good
addi to sakleshpura - lovely!
shiradi 60-70%is good rest you need to be slow but ery managable..
Nelyadi to BC road decent/good
BC road is improved and its a viable option to take it...
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:43   #1878
BHPian

Hi, I ve planned to visit Dharma/Kukke this week end. Route I would like to take via shiradi (I understand 70% of the repair work work is completed in shiradi).

As found in the thread, Peenya rd is in worst condition & I like to take Magadi-Kunigal Rd. I understand I've to take right turn from Magadi town to reach Kunigal rd. My doubt is "where exactly I ve to take right turn in Magadi/(from Magadi Rd)". This is the 1st time I'm going take this route. I'm very familier with Peenya-Kunigal cross Rd. But, Forum memebers recommend to take Magadi-Kunigal rd & avoid Peenya. Thanks for the help.
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:39   #1879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSUDA View Post
As found in the thread, Peenya rd is in worst condition & I like to take Magadi-Kunigal Rd. I understand I've to take right turn from Magadi town to reach Kunigal rd. My doubt is "where exactly I ve to take right turn in Magadi/(from Magadi Rd)". This is the 1st time I'm going take this route. I'm very familier with Peenya-Kunigal cross Rd. But, Forum memebers recommend to take Magadi-Kunigal rd & avoid Peenya. Thanks for the help.
Continue on Magadi road till you reach Magadi town. Go straight into the town and after the town ends, you will see a metal arch indicating the end of Magadi town muncipality. Immediately after this arch, you have to take a right turn. There is a board indicating direction to Kunigal. Continue on this road till you reach a fork. Both the roads lead to NH48. The right side goes towards Solur/Nelamangala. But take the left side of the fork to reach Kunigal. You will join NH48 near the Johnson Tiles factory.

There is no confusion here. The trick is to keep going straight until Magadi town ends.
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:31   #1880
BHPian

Hi addyhemmige. It's very very clear now, thanks a lot
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:36   #1881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Road is in decent condition barring some stretch which is yet to be 4 laned. If you are new to road, driving at night is not advisable. Drive during morning is fine but need to be careful about wrong side traffic and people crossing. All in all this stretch is in good condition and you can surely take this stretch!
Thanks Recshenoy. It is a familiar stretch for me but I just hate that stretch since 2007 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
on my way back i took about 6hrs... started early so it was nice
Lohith, 6 hrs is what I used to take in those "good ol days" of 2005-06 . Will this last long? I'm just looking for an occasion for a night drive to test my Lightforce.
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:41   #1882
Senior - BHPian

Kishore, Neliyadi to BC road they will have just patched up so unless they do a complete job it might not stay fr long esp after it starts raining....
Old 24th March 2010, 00:04   #1883
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore - Chikmagalur - Sringeri - Agumbe - Kundapura

Latest updates on this route coming up soon!! This is THE route to take if you are headed anywhere to the North of Udupi (say Kundapura and above). Stay tuned...
Old 24th March 2010, 05:06   #1884
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Latest updates on this route coming up soon!! This is THE route to take if you are headed anywhere to the North of Udupi (say Kundapura and above). Stay tuned...
What about the Shimoga route? Is it not that good as compared to this one, if one has to go up north say Ankola/Karwar?
Old 24th March 2010, 10:52   #1885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
What about the Shimoga route? Is it not that good as compared to this one, if one has to go up north say Ankola/Karwar?
Both the above mentioned routes are in good condition.

Take shimoga route for going towards Ankola/Karwar .. It's in very good condition.

I travelled on both the above roads Last week.
Old 24th March 2010, 11:26   #1886
Senior - BHPian

Well i guess via Mangalore is the fastest. if one has time for a scenic drive then they can opt via chikmaglur.

i am not sure hows the roads via Mudigere - kalasa?

Quote:
Old 24th March 2010, 11:42   #1887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It's in good condition, all major potholes have been patched up.
About this road, some may find it heaven, coz of lot of twisities, but some may find it tiring. Also this road is narrow.
Ther's not even a single straight stretch even for 20 meters between Kottigehara & Kalasa.
This update is as of last week. I had been to Hornadu
Old 24th March 2010, 11:51   #1888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
My bad! Yes - this route makes sense if your destination is b/w Udupi and Honnavar. For anyplace above Honnavar, Shimoga route makes sense although I am not aware of the latest conditions.

Quote:
Well i guess via Mangalore is the fastest. if one has time for a scenic drive then they can opt via chikmaglur.
Even if one chooses to go via NH48, it would make sense to divert at BC Road and take Karkala/Mudbidri depending on the destination. In my opinion, it does not make sense to go via Mangalore unless your destination is b/w Mangalore-Udupi.
Old 24th March 2010, 12:02   #1889
Senior - BHPian

Dube, the roads are narrow and the traffic gets bad at times with the local buses...anyday via Mangalore will be fastest as of now.

Last edited by lohithrao : 24th March 2010 at 12:04.
Old 24th March 2010, 22:01   #1890
BHPian

Quote:

Susrutha is right. I drove on this road between Mudigere-Kottigehara-Charmadi-Dharmasthala & back on 13th March and found the road & drive extremely good. No potholes or patches.( maybe for 0.5 km the road in undergoing some repair)

As for the scenery, i had travelled via charmadi ghats way back in 1998 and had forgotten about the scenes. Now, i had the double pleasure of driving in these ghat roads and also taking in the superb scenery & greenery of the charmadi ghats.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks