Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2012, 21:53   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Which Diesel car for ~10 Lakh? Vento vs Verna vs Rapid vs Fiesta vs Linea vs Othe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
I went to Vinayak Skoda's stock yard in TC Palya through Hoodi Circle and with 5 persons on board and I driving it, the bottom hit 80% of the speed breakers. I agree some of the speed breakers are extra ordinary but I hoped this should not have happened.

Even I feel the same. Had I not gone to the stock yard and encountered the issue with GC today I would have booked Rapid.
The Vento (and the Rapid) never had any GC issues. Even with 5 people on board, I have never faced any problem, neither have any of the Vento (or Rapid) owners on the forum. One problem faced by all is the mudflaps of this car - they make a lot of noise while going over breakers.

Either the car you drove had some specific problem or it was the mudflaps you were hearing. If this is the final doubt, then I'll guarantee this car doesn't have that issue.

Quote:
I would like to know from the fellow Bangalore Rapid/Vento owner's to comment on the the GC issue which I noticed in Rapid. Is the car really safe with the monstrous speed breakers in this city ?
Last month I was in Bangalore with my Vento - didn't face any issues. Get in touch with @nileshch or @evilshantanu (& a few more Bangalorean Vento owners). Also there would be quite a few Rapid owners too - you should get an owner's perspective from them.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2012, 00:44   #137
BHPian

Re: Which Diesel car for ~10 Lakh? Vento vs Verna vs Rapid vs Fiesta vs Linea vs Othe

Hi everyone,

Iam into same dig which diesal Sedan to buy under 12L on road in delhi.

Just to mention i own I20 Asta and Love it.

I want to buy a car which have some amazing looking interiror and exteriror.
No offence to anyone but personally i dont like Vento interiror.
I like verna fluidic but wont it be same as I20?
I dont want to go for Fiat cars due to Low service things and No Resale value.
Please help guys.
Old 3rd September 2012, 08:03   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

Either the car you drove had some specific problem or it was the mudflaps you were hearing. If this is the final doubt, then I'll guarantee this car doesn't have that issue.
Thank You. Felt really good after reading your lines. In Bangalore these speed breakers are a major problems

Fiat owners: How difficult it is to source parts ? In this same thread a Palio owner has mentioned that it takes months to source parts for his palio. Is it the same case with Linea ?
Old 3rd September 2012, 11:37   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Last month I was in Bangalore with my Vento - didn't face any issues. Get in touch with @nileshch or @evilshantanu (& a few more Bangalorean Vento owners). Also there would be quite a few Rapid owners too - you should get an owner's perspective from them.
with ninjatalli, I haven't scraped the bottom of my vento even once in 6 months of my ownership in bangalore. You need to be little mindful with 5 on board when you hit large speed-breakers, that's all.

Mud-flaps used to scrape on few speed-breakers but after I upsized my tyres to 195/60/15 it has reduced considerably.

Go for Rapid or Vento , that torque is addictive and it will put a smile on your face everytime you drive the car

P:S:- And Make sure you get new mud-flap with shorter overhang for your vento/rapid, IMO that should help the mud-flap issue to some extent.
smekad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 17:00   #140
Senior - BHPian

I have been driving a Rapid for the past five months. I can confirm one thing. The GC is definitely better than the Honda City ZX I had earlier.
However, with full load (five passengers+luggage), you may find the bottom of the spare wheel well scraping some unscientifically built speed breakers.
Example: The speed breakers opp SAIL factory on ORR just before the Old Madras road connecting flyover. Or the speed breaker opp ASR Kalyana Mantapa on ORR Banaswadi.

I can safely vouch that these kind would be only 10-15% of the speed breakers in Bangalore. For the balance 85-90%, I've faced no problems at all.
You also need to look at it from the aspect of how many occasions will you travel full load? Take the car slowly or at 45 degrees and you will not face a problem.
If this is really an deal breaker, then you can skip Rapid or Vento.
Just my 2 cents
Old 8th September 2012, 20:13   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Continuing my saga of testing various cars to try and replace my Getz. After almost one month of continuous follow up, I managed to get a Hyundai dealer to send me a test drive car of the Diesel Verna 1.6 AT. My experience with multiple dealerships has been terrible. Only one of them has a diesel AT test drive car, and none of them has a Petrol AT. When I bought my Getz (which of course didn't sell much), I had dealers falling over themselves to send me a car. But the Verna is obviously flying off the shelves and more than one dealer told me that I should book an AT if I wanted without testing it - the best they could offer me was a equivalent MT car.

Further, I got the car in the evening and could not really let it rip given traffic. However, the car was quite good overall. It is quite noisy at low speeds but felt much nicer to drive than the automatic City beyond 40 kmph. I wonder if something was wrong with the City AT I drove - because the 4 speed AT box on the Verna gave me a much better driving experience than the 5 speed box on a petrol City. The suspension seems to be tuned to give a smooth ride over potholed roads. The car did not feel as planted over corners as the Vento but handled as well as the City in my view.

The feature set is amazing, especially the rear Camera image that appears on the rear view mirror, which makes reversing even easier than in my Superb. The only car I have driven with a better reverse camera was the 328i, which has a reverse camera whose lines shift as you move the steering wheel to show you which way you will go.

The only negatives were the somewhat low rent interiors (far inferior to the Vento in my view), the poor rear seat leg room (not much better than a Getz and far inferior to its peers and the Jazz), and the relatively poor braking distance (though stability under braking was excellent).

So after having tested the Vento TDi, Vento AT, City AT, City MT, Jazz and Verna 1.6 CRDi AT, I still think the best car of the lot is the Vento Petrol AT by a wide margin. But the Verna Diesel AT (subject to my wife's views as the TD car arrived late and she could not test it) does seem a good compromise if I don't get visibility on availability of the Vento Petrol AT soon (the latest I heard on that is the formal launch of the refreshed Vento is likely next weekend). Waiting periods are about 2 months for the Verna Diesel AT, or so I am told. Would be good to get perspective from users here.
Hayek is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 20:20   #142
BHPian

I kind of forgot all the GC issues and booked Skoda Rapid Ambition version. This is just because, I could not forget the smile which I had after driving Rapid for the 1st time.
Old 8th September 2012, 22:08   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
I kind of forgot all the GC issues and booked Skoda Rapid Ambition version. This is just because, I could not forget the smile which I had after driving Rapid for the 1st time.
Haha. Smart choice. Welcome to the club. Rapid is one of the most stable, enjoyable and VFM sedans in the market today. You wont go wrong.
I cant wait to have it remapped and derive more pleasure from all my drives.
Old 9th September 2012, 19:07   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Yet another test drive carried out, this time of the Ford New Fiesta Petrol Automatic. We went into the dealership planning to test both the petrol and the diesel, but ended up testing the petrol automatic alone.

The car is quite good to drive, accelerates well, is less noisy than the City AT but not as refined as the Vento AT. Handling was great, the best of all the cars we have tested so far. Braking was good - better than both the Verna diesel and the City AT and comparable to the Vento. The AC was also the best of all the vehicles we have tested.

However, the big downer is the interiors. As soon as you get in, you get a cramped feeling, accentuated by the black trims and leather upholstery of the vehicle. The centre console layout is a bit hit or miss. But the real deal breaker is rear seat space. Even in my wife's driving position (and she is just 5' 5"), there was barely enough room for me. In my driving position, my wife had her knees on the drivers seat, and I could barely squeeze in. I suspect the rear seat knee room is inferior to a Getz. Rear seat width was also very limited. This was unacceptable for us, and we did not bother to test the diesel. This is strictly a car only for families where only kids are going to occupy the rear seat.

(Mods: hope you don't my posting about Petrol cars of this thread - but I do think several people like me are open to both Petrols and Diesels, please PM me and shift if inappropriate)
Old 11th September 2012, 15:56   #145
BHPian

Well, I am curently driving a Cedia for the last 4 years and have only clocked around 30 kms. The car is still in great condition and even the stock wheels shoudl last for another 7-10k kms. But the issue these days is mroe to do with the cost of petrol and the fact that I have now started driving around 30-40 kms in city traffice ever other day and am dying to get an auto box.

So any good auto desiels tha dont break the bank?

Something in the 10L-12L range would be the best. Also hwo much do u think I can get for my Cedia now?

BTW, on average I do around 600-750 kms a month. Maybe around 800 a month for the last few months, but not more than that.
Old 11th September 2012, 16:34   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Well, I am curently driving a Cedia for the last 4 years and have only clocked around 30 kms. The car is still in great condition and even the stock wheels shoudl last for another 7-10k kms. But the issue these days is mroe to do with the cost of petrol and the fact that I have now started driving around 30-40 kms in city traffice ever other day and am dying to get an auto box.

Something in the 10L-12L range would be the best. Also hwo much do u think I can get for my Cedia now?

BTW, on average I do around 600-750 kms a month. Maybe around 800 a month for the last few months, but not more than that.
An AT Diesel in 10-12L range does not exist! Cheapest I think is the Verna at 14L on-road Bangalore.

Although I dont know if Dzire has an AT in diesel and if you would like to downgrade from the Cedia!!! By the way your depreciation losses would be far more than any savings you can hope from switching to a diesel car. Some food for thought.
Old 11th September 2012, 16:44   #147
BHPian

Well if it makes sense o continue with a petrol then what would be the best petrol auto in that range. I plan to look at the Honda and vento.
Old 11th September 2012, 16:44   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
An AT Diesel in 10-12L range does not exist! Cheapest I think is the Verna at 14L on-road Bangalore.

Although I dont know if Dzire has an AT in diesel and if you would like to downgrade from the Cedia!!! By the way your depreciation losses would be far more than any savings you can hope from switching to a diesel car. Some food for thought.
No dzire doesn't come in Diesel automatic, Infact no options below 10L for a diesel automatic.

Under 15L you get, Verna and Scorpio in Automatic in diesel.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 11th September 2012, 16:58   #149
BHPian

Quote:

Ok here are my thoughts.

AT Desiels in this price range is tough. The other option is manual Deisels. there are several vehicles for this and this thread will give you all the info you need

The other Option is an AT petrol like the Honda City. It should be in your budget

Since you drive a Cedia and as all people in the market for a new ride would expect your next vehicle should be either similar or better than your existing ride. I suggest you go out to the market and test drive a few of these vehicles in your budget to get a feel of what is out there just to see if it would suit you better than your existng ride.
I suggest you look for a second hand auto diesel with the same budget. you will get some really good deals and an automatic diesel in a higer segment for this cost.
Old 11th September 2012, 17:16   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well if it makes sense o continue with a petrol then what would be the best petrol auto in that range. I plan to look at the Honda and vento.
There is no clear cut answer to that other than whatever you like the most! Not much between the City and the Vento and the new Fiesta there. Go and test drive all and pick whatever you like.

Although with City one advantage it offers an AT in mid variant as well. That is a very sensible option (as the V variant doesnt offer any deal breakers).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks