Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2012, 17:26   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Which Diesel car for ~10 Lakh? Vento vs Verna vs Rapid vs Fiesta vs Linea vs Othe

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeperk View Post
Aft so much of thoughts i have narrowed down my choices to two Nissan Sunny XV(10.39L) Vs Fluidic Verna 1.6 SX CRDI(11.42L) both giving more or less same mileage but looks of Verna are simply superb to my Eyes at-least, now my concern is about the after sales service and maintenance cost. Is is really worthy to shell out the extra 1L for Verna. To be frank i really love the looks of Verna.
Go for the Verna since you like it so much. You don't want to spend 10+ L on a car and then keep regretting your decision later. Hyundai service is a little costlier but nothing to worry about. My vote goes to the Verna.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 17:51   #122
BHPian

Re: Which Diesel car for ~10 Lakh? Vento vs Verna vs Rapid vs Fiesta vs Linea vs Othe

Am I glad that I got the Optra LT? You bet YES! The deciscion to buy this just took one day after waiting and checking out the fiesta & verna for months.

For those who are looking to buy now, after going through the thread, i spoke to the GM state representative. He told me that they were were simplifying their offerings to be in line with the current scenario of a global car.

And that the Optra has not been officially discontinued yet. If you insist and wait you might get it. Hope this does not increase the dilemma of a buyer. Just that those might be desirous of buying this can insist and try to get it.

Last edited by optimist : 21st August 2012 at 17:52.
Old 21st August 2012, 21:21   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
What would be the difference now between Rapid TDI Top model and Polo Tdi top model.
This could be my sole deal breaker point. Everything else ticks all the boxes in Rapid.
I think you already got some feedbacks on the Aircon. Considering that you were driving a Polo, the Vento or Rapid should work very well for you. I am not recommending another Polo just because of the 3-pot engine. Probably its a good idea to TD the Fiesta D and Linea MJD as well.

Are you looking to up the budget to consider D1 segment sedans - Jetta, Fluence etc.?
Old 21st August 2012, 22:45   #124
BHPian

I had posted a querry some days back but dint get a responce,dont matter.
My uncle(a Sikh) from delhi decided to buy a new diesel sedan with a budget of max 10l OTR.His first choice was the SX4 celebration version due to its features and backing by maruti,his first car was a wagonR so its quite a big jump from him.After i told him to test drive all vehicles in his budget he narrowed down on the verna. Both the Germans(vento/rapid) were ruled out due to complete lack of fetures(he is more of a features guy) and high cost of ownership.The sunny was out due to thin dealership network and he dint like the looks.New fiesta was too expensive.Linea was considered but ruled out because of the A.S.S and higher price(top end cross 10L).He was impressed by the verna(which common Indian isint??) though he found the handling not that good but was willing to overlook it due to the overall package and was willing to extend the budget slightly.

He just happened to test drive the fiesta classic due to a goofup at the dealership AND was impressed!! The new titanium had some features to satisfy him plus as usual the ford driving experience won him over.Main thing which made the proposition sweeter for him was that he would be saving 2 lakhs if he got the fiesta classic instead of the Verna and according to him he will invest the two lakhs saved and put in the rest and get an ecosport or the supposed to be launched Suzuki jimmy/equivalent or Thar or any budget SUV/Jeep as a weekend car after two years.

I guess after having almost booked the Verna and striking out the likes of the rapid/vento,sunny etc one lands up with the fiesta classic , alot of bhpians will be scratching their heads in amazement! I guess if my uncle did go with the Verna he would not been able aspire for a SUV so soon.My uncle is married with no kids and does not intend on having any kids soon so i guess the fiesta classic will be good for 3 to 4 years,that how long he plans on keeping it and maybe buy the next gen Verna/fiesta/ when he is done with the classic to partner his Future SUV!

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 21st August 2012 at 22:48.
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:45   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
I guess after having almost booked the Verna and striking out the likes of the rapid/vento,sunny etc one lands up with the fiesta classic , alot of bhpians will be scratching their heads in amazement! I guess if my uncle did go with the Verna he would not been able aspire for a SUV so soon.My uncle is married with no kids and does not intend on having any kids soon so i guess the fiesta classic will be good for 3 to 4 years,that how long he plans on keeping it and maybe buy the next gen Verna/fiesta/ when he is done with the classic to partner his Future SUV!
Your uncle made the right choice, IMO. The Ford classic is still a very good car for someone who isn't interested in too many gadgets. It's a basic no frills car that can give a lot of newer cars a run for their money.
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:47   #126
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd August 2012 at 15:47.
sharninder is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:59   #127
Senior - BHPian

I recommend you to kindly go through this thread to quell your doubts.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2867763

Needless to mention, Fiat and other European cars are well built driver's car. But Fiat scores more on VFM but at the same time scores less on resale value. But it shouldn't be a concern after 8 years of ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Any opinions on this ? Can someone get me out of my dilemma?

Last edited by carwatcher : 22nd August 2012 at 14:01.
Old 22nd August 2012, 20:20   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeperk View Post
I am really confused in deciding what to buy a diesel sedan with all safety features around 10-11 lakhs , Aft so much of thoughts i have narrowed down my choices to two Nissan Sunny XV(10.39L) Vs Fluidic Verna 1.6 SX CRDI(11.42L) both giving more or less same mileage but looks of Verna are simply superb to my Eyes at-least, now my concern is about the after sales service and maintenance cost. Is is really worthy to shell out the extra 1L for Verna. To be frank i really love the looks of Verna.

Fluidic Verna Owners please give your views about the Service and maintenance cost , price and availability of spares.
Every penny of it.
Verna has better built quality. Looks a lot better & has a more powerful engine. With an extra 6th speed (Am I right?). The interiors are in a different league altogether. Then is the dealer network.
Personally I would rather not go for any because of the handling issues. In the current scene it is Rapid that I would prefer.
oxyzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 21:31   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher
I recommend you to kindly go through this thread to quell your doubts.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2867763

Needless to mention, Fiat and other European cars are well built driver's car. But Fiat scores more on VFM but at the same time scores less on resale value. But it shouldn't be a concern after 8 years of ownership.
Thanks for the link.

I have been following that thread but we're still not very clear about FIATs commitment to the market. This is turning out to be a head vs heart decision. Head, of course, says I should get the ford, vento or rapid but the heart says Linea.
Old 23rd August 2012, 12:56   #130
Senior - BHPian

I don't think their is any doubt as to Fiat's commitment to market.
First of all, who is in the right frame of mind would like to shut shop when their Diesel engine is selling in huge numbers.
Then by some logic, think that if they have broken their ties with Tata, doesn't that mean that they should shut shop (in normal circumstances) but here they are opening up caffes and appointing Fiat exclusive dealerships, inviting applications for new dealerships, etc.
I think for your peace of mind, you should go for Fiesta/Rapid/Vento.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Thanks for the link.
I have been following that thread but we're still not very clear about FIATs commitment to the market. This is turning out to be a head vs heart decision. Head, of course, says I should get the ford, vento or rapid but the heart says Linea.
Old 31st August 2012, 00:49   #131
BHPian

Guys, should i wait for Renault Scala?

My budget is ~10L for a family sedan/MUV.

Requirements :-
1. EBS+ABS and Airbags are must.
2. Diesel and good fuel economy.
3. Servicing should not be very expensive.
4. Good handling is must.
5. Strong build quality like a Linea/Punto.

It is between Sunny, Rapid, Vento, Linea and upcoming Scala or a Duster(Wifey's choice).

Looking at news looks like Scala will have a very good pricing.

Shall I wait? BTW linea Emotion MJD for 11 Lacs OTR Bangalore is a good price? What should be the right price for Linea 2012 Emotion MJD in Bangalore?

Also one last question :- Does Linea Emotion has a folding rear seat in 2012 edition?

Last edited by acroback : 31st August 2012 at 01:13.
Old 2nd September 2012, 12:34   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Hi All,

I m as confused as any one in this thread
Let me confuse you a lil more.

You haven't mentioned what are you looking for.
1. Why SUVs? Just because they are coming in your budget, or you intend to do a bit of off-tracking or go on roads that might prove to be a bit more for sedans? Or you always wanted to have an SUV?

2. From your TDs I trust you are looking for a car that has peppy acceleration, and easily goes into 3 digit figures without exerting much. What else? Suspension, drive-ability, interior/exterior looks, etc - have clarity on that.

3. You seem to be discounting your better half's preferences. Dangerous option (Just kidding)

Quote:
6. VW Vento: ... But still I could not find my perfect driving position and I felt I was seating at an angle rather than straight and I m tilted towards left.
Weird. Can't say I can understand this.

Quote:
Left knee was uncomfortable. I m almost 6 ft and have a huge build. But nowhere any user has mentioned this issue.
On the contrary, this was touched upon earlier - look for posts by a user called @poitive on the vento thread. I believe he and a few others had issues similar to yours. Like you, he was 6 feet and with a good build - he finally chose an Optra Magnum over the Vento.

Quote:
One more thing I felt is the power delivery is not linear and the engine kind of delivers a raw power after 2000 RPMs which I have to get used to. But this has to be a enthusiast's car for sure.
That's the turbo for you. We love it!

Quote:
If somehow I will find a good driving position I will book it for sure.
Work on this. This might take time. Even after 10+ months, I keep trying out different positions, just to see if it fits me better.

Quote:
7. FIAT Linea Emotion 2012 model: But I felt it takes time to reach 100 Kmph and even I was not happy with the suspension but everyone appreciates it, again it might be a case with the TD car but the TD car has done only 2.5K kms.
Actually if you did the TD after recently driving the Vento/Rapid, you are bound to feel so. But the car ain't that bad on acceleration matters.

Quote:
So, now the contest is between Vento/Rapid (1 L cheaper for the same set of features) and Linea. Let me know what you GURUs and proud owners have to suggest.
Explain the problem of driving position to the SE and demand several TDs; after all you need to get that right for you. From an outsider's perspective, the Vento seems best for you (or for that matter, the Rapid).

Also if you have any queries w.r.t the Vento, post it on the Vento thread. We have a very active Vento community, who will give the answers in black and white asap - if something is bad with this car, I doubt if we'll mask it.

Quote:
Again I m very very confused. Request you all to take me out of this state.
As I said I'll make it a bit more confusing. Why aren't you checking out the Duster, Ertiga or the Sunny (doubt you'll like this)? All of them would easily come in your budget.

Quote:
Mods: Please move this to an existing thread if you feel the question is redundant.
Lol - was going to post this thread details as correctly mentioned by @Eddy on your thread.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2012, 13:51   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post

With the above mentioned requirements, it make sense to wait for the Scala to launch. From the reviews, it looks like a decent option, and quite good on safety features. Check out the official team-bhp review as well.
Old 2nd September 2012, 14:04   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post

Looking at news looks like Scala will have a very good pricing.
The Vento/Rapid matches most of your requirements. If you want full airbags, go for the high end Elegance/ Highline. Both have great build, great handling and servicing is comparable to any other premium diesel sedan (I am excluding etios and manza)

My opinion is the Scala would be a the same platform of the Nissan Sunny, with some cosmetic changes. So unless you are comfortable with the build of sunny (typical Japanese build), don't wait for it.
Old 2nd September 2012, 21:05   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Let me confuse you a lil more.

You haven't mentioned what are you looking for.
1. Why SUVs? Just because they are coming in your budget, or you intend to do a bit of off-tracking or go on roads that might prove to be a bit more for sedans? Or you always wanted to have an SUV?

I was looking for SUVs just going by their size and ability to seat more than 5 which I need sometimes.

Quote:
2. From your TDs I trust you are looking for a car that has peppy acceleration, and easily goes into 3 digit figures without exerting much. What else? Suspension, drive-ability, interior/exterior looks, etc - have clarity on that.
I can live with any looks and interiors. But can not compromise on Drivability, suspension and performance. If you read my post on Verna you will understand this.

Quote:
3. You seem to be discounting your better half's preferences. Dangerous option (Just kidding)
I risk it. This HAS TO BE my choice. Opinions are welcome from the better half but decision is mine. I can not imagine what all I would do after taking this decision

Quote:
Like you, he was 6 feet and with a good build - he finally chose an Optra Magnum over the Vento.
I test drove Rapid again today and I think I can handle this issue. However I found a bigger issue.

I went to Vinayak Skoda's stock yard in TC Palya through Hoodi Circle and with 5 persons on board and I driving it, the bottom hit 80% of the speed breakers. I agree some of the speed breakers are extra ordinary but I hoped this should not have happened. Almost zeroed on Rapid but I m still thinking now, and suddenly Linea's 180 + GC looks amazing to me.

Quote:
Actually if you did the TD after recently driving the Vento/Rapid, you are bound to feel so. But the car ain't that bad on acceleration matters.
This is exactly the reason why I have been testing either Rapid or Vento. Can not forget the smile which I had when I drove Rapid for the first time.
This is nothing short of love at first sight. But this love story has twists and turns.

Quote:
From an outsider's perspective, the Vento seems best for you (or for that matter, the Rapid).

Also if you have any queries w.r.t the Vento, post it on the Vento thread. We have a very active Vento community, who will give the answers in black and white asap - if something is bad with this car, I doubt if we'll mask it.
Even I feel the same. Had I not gone to the stock yard and encountered the issue with GC today I would have booked Rapid.

Quote:
As I said I'll make it a bit more confusing. Why aren't you checking out the Duster, Ertiga or the Sunny (doubt you'll like this)? All of them would easily come in your budget.
I have already mentioned Sunny as a closed chapter after my TD. I m not blessed with enormous patience like few others here in our TBHP community hence not considering Duster. If I book Duster today i will get the delivery in 2013. I can not do this for sure. Same goes with Ertiga. There is one LDI version readily available with a dealer. A weird thought came to my mind to take it then put all the bells and whistles but I never gave it a serious thought.

I would like to know from the fellow Bangalore Rapid/Vento owner's to comment on the the GC issue which I noticed in Rapid. Is the car really safe with the monstrous speed breakers in this city ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks