Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2009, 18:05   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Fiat Linea has that retro 70s look and hence it will charm the folks of that era.
ANHC is a modern car with futuristic design. Hence it appeals to younger folks.
Fail to understand this. In no way Linea gives a retro 70s look. If i stand by your opinion that means the BMW 7 series and Merc S class etc should also be only for 70s people itself when i see many youngsters(even younger to me) buying them. All youngsters should then just buy a Merc C class or BMW 3 series.
Same way how can you term ANHC futuristic design (is it cos they copied BMW 3 series rear look or gave a ugly looking front grill).
Its all about perception how you see it. To me Linea looks magnificent and Honda looks solid (still feel NHC was better looking and futuristic designed as per your view)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
don't look at price,
don't look at features,
don't look at what suits you,
don't look at after sales service,
don't look at resale value,
just look for brand, that is honda.
go for honda, because,....
as another thread says that only skoda and honda users are polished and refined people who looks for better things in life.
What will Audi,BMW,Merc owners will say to this

Quote:
For the sake of level playing ground, I listed the prices as in Delhi for petrol cars (as mentioned in the post). Please point the where I was wrong - I will correct myself.
In 4~5 years time, ANHC will be replaced by next generation Honda City. Thats the way Honda plays the game - not hang on to dear model for ages. So people get latest design with latest technology.
Ya people missed your Delhi point and price is correctly stated by you.
However, if we see ex showroom delhi prices for petrol in manual top ends the difference is of 1lac and Honda just has a better engine. All features which Linea has extra are already stated.
City 1.5 S MT - 7,99,900
Linea Emotion pack - 6,98,984

Also i read in your comments that Linea Diesel should not be compared to ANHC which is petrol. Now my Q is why?

Just because Honda is afraid to launch diesel models?
Or if Honda launches it in supposingly say ANHC it will price it something like base starting 9-10lac ex showroom (because without charging a premium from Indian people they cant launch anything)
And mind it even then things like ACC,alloys or say Blue & Me , fog lamps etc will be in optional pack even for top model.

If people are getting a Good car on same price with lot many extra features and also a Diesel with better FE then why not compare it?
Old 16th January 2009, 18:10   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In 4~5 years time, ANHC will be replaced by next generation Honda City. Thats the way Honda plays the game - not hang on to dear model for ages. So people get latest design with latest technology.
There are million other ways of changing the technology without going for a complete re-design. The problem I have with Honda is that they have no identity. The cars are designed as commodities manufactured to sell in numbers and that all about it and it kinda shows or rather felt in the way they drive... cliched but I will say it again... heartless and souless. They are tools, a machine and I for one could never fall in love with a Honda. Perfect it may be but then perfection is boring for me. Now please dont give me the resale non sense because I am not interested. I would rather drive a car that I like than driving something which I dont and thinking about the person who would buy it from me few years down the line.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 16th January 2009 at 18:12.
Old 16th January 2009, 18:12   #138
BHPian

Quote:
For the sake of level playing ground, I listed the prices as in Delhi for petrol cars (as mentioned in the post).
You forgot either to mention Delhi or to change your location to Delhi. Otherwise, I wouldn't have unnecessarily jump in without knowing what the Delhi dealers quote. Out here in Bangalore, even handling charges as well as insurance of Honda are all higher than Linea even for similarly priced ex-showroom quotes.
Old 16th January 2009, 18:14   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
You forgot either to mention Delhi or to change your location to Delhi. Otherwise, I wouldn't have unnecessarily jump in without knowing what the Delhi dealers quote. Out here in Bangalore, even handling charges as well as insurance of Honda are all higher than Linea even for similarly priced ex-showroom quotes.
I guess he has mentioned the prices as ex-showroom Delhi.
Old 16th January 2009, 18:16   #140
Senior - BHPian

This thread is going way off topic. Just to remind everyone, a person named theragingbull had put up a query.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Hi! I'm looking for a car in 7-8 lacs. I've shortlisted the new Honda City 1.8S MT, Ford Fiesta 1.6S, Maruti SX4 Zxi. But now after hearing about the launch of Fiat Linea in dec, my decision has become even more difficult. Should i wait for the Linea? will it be better than the City?
Under corporate plans, I've been offered the new City 1.8S MT for Rs.7,90,000(ex-Mum) and also Rs.80,000 discount on Fiesta & SX4.
How much will the Linea cost?
Instead of answering him, we are again continuing the Linea v/s ANHC, NHC, BMW, ABCD, LSR, IIT, DCE, BHU and what not.

I would say only this much to the thread starter.
- Test drive all the vehicles. This is the most important step. Eliminate the car you do not like the drive of.
- Remember your hard earned money will not be just invested in the car per se, but the whole package - The after sales, availability of spare parts, reliability of mechanicals, etc. So don't just blindly go ahead and buy the best "car". It has to be the "best package".

My 2 cents.

Last edited by DCEite : 16th January 2009 at 18:17.
Old 16th January 2009, 18:32   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
This thread is going way off topic. Just to remind everyone, a person named theragingbull had put up a query.

Instead of answering him, we are again continuing the Linea v/s ANHC, NHC, BMW, ABCD, LSR, IIT, DCE, BHU and what not.

I would say only this much to the thread starter.
- Test drive all the vehicles. This is the most important step. Eliminate the car you do not like the drive of.
- Remember your hard earned money will not be just invested in the car per se, but the whole package - The after sales, availability of spare parts, reliability of mechanicals, etc. So don't just blindly go ahead and buy the best "car". It has to be the "best package".

My 2 cents.
+1 to that.
Continuing on the same TD is the most important step towards buying a car. Be it Linea, ANHC or any other, if you dont like the feel of drive then don't buy it. A.S.S etc are secondary.
Also depends you like a peppy engine or prefer more features. If you are an enthusiast and wants a peppy engine go for ANHC. Feature wise Linea is best in segment.
ANHC and Linea IMO are much better than Fiesta and SX4.

Price you can check on Fiat India site for Mumbai.

Last edited by harry10 : 16th January 2009 at 18:35.
Old 16th January 2009, 19:14   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
????
70s look means it will charm people born around that time (a lot since they would be in their 30s now) or people who got a driving licence in that decade (less since it would mean people in their late 40s now)

Because of the above, does younger mean people younger to the above category in age (say 20s who would form a lower proportion since not many <30 would be able to pay +8lakhs for a car) or in terms of driving licence age (then in the late 30s and 40s now).

????
Are you asking or telling... I understood this completely.

On topic, I feel Linea is a great VFM car, solid build and great features, everything is more than what they are charging, only the BHP is equal to what you are paying for. Honda needs to give much more to their customers at that price, in fact they should have made a benchmark on latest features with new City.

Definetly Linea is a great choice for personal car but one more thought came in my mind after seeing solid build and VFM of Linea is that it would be best option for taxies too above Indica.
Old 16th January 2009, 19:53   #143
Senior - BHPian

As I said in the other thread, FIAT has suffered from a perception problem rightly or wrongly all these years. The amount of trouble with A.S.S that a lot of Fiat owners went through gained it a lot of negative publicity.

From what I've seen/read, the Linea looks well loaded, prices are excellent and if its anything to go by the Palio should be solidly built.

If you are not worried about resale value (by current Fiat standards, though this could change in the future) and are fairly assured about their A.S.S then go for the Linea. If you think you want piece of mind, low maintenance charges, more power and good resale value take the ANHC.
Old 16th January 2009, 19:59   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
There are million other ways of changing the technology without going for a complete re-design. The problem I have with Honda is that they have no identity. The cars are designed as commodities manufactured to sell in numbers and that all about it and it kinda shows or rather felt in the way they drive... cliched but I will say it again... heartless and souless. They are tools, a machine and I for one could never fall in love with a Honda. Perfect it may be but then perfection is boring for me. Now please dont give me the resale non sense because I am not interested. I would rather drive a car that I like than driving something which I dont and thinking about the person who would buy it from me few years down the line.
I've always wondered why people said the Japs have no soul. Nobody likes reliable, well built cars I guess. And the Japs perfected the art of assembly line production. Impeccable designs built by soulless robots in some factory in some Asian sweatshop in a hole. Must be the same reason why there is a saying that one really isn't a petrolhead until he/she has owned an Alfa Romeo.

It really fits the Fiat mythos. Alfas are one of the most unreliable, temperamental and quirky beasts on the planet. One does not know what heaven is until one experiences hell.

Must be why all these supposedly petrolhead nirvana makers have gone bankrupt a dozen times each while some piece of junk heartless nonautomobilenirvanagiving Toyota Corolla out there averages more miles than all the Alfas sold in a month put together do.

FLAME ON!

Edit afterthought : I'm not one against the great VFM that the Linea is. Nor am I denying Honda overcharges in India. But come on guys, we get the most rundown obsolete built-to-the-paisa junk here in India. Kind of pointless arguing about the soul of a car in such a situation.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 16th January 2009 at 20:03.
Old 16th January 2009, 20:20   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
The amount of trouble with A.S.S that a lot of Fiat owners went through gained it a lot of negative publicity.
Pls don't generalise things, I agree few Fiat owners faced issues with spare parts availability, but most of the Fiat owners including me (own a Palio for almost 5 years now) did not face any service issues.
Old 16th January 2009, 20:24   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
As I said in the other thread, FIAT has suffered from a perception problem rightly or wrongly all these years. The amount of trouble with A.S.S that a lot of Fiat owners went through gained it a lot of negative publicity.
I guess I've mentioned this earlier, but most of the guys who complain about Fiat's a.s.s have never ever experienced it 1st hand. Its mostly hearsay etc.
Old 16th January 2009, 22:00   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
I've always wondered why people said the Japs have no soul. Nobody likes reliable, well built cars I guess.
What makes you think European cars are unreliable?

Quote:
And the Japs perfected the art of assembly line production. Impeccable designs built by soulless robots in some factory in some Asian sweatshop in a hole.
Design with no design language and I am no fan of this.

Quote:
Must be the same reason why there is a saying that one really isn't a petrolhead until he/she has owned an Alfa Romeo.
May be.... but thats not the point here and is a discussion for another day.

Quote:
It really fits the Fiat mythos. Alfas are one of the most unreliable, temperamental and quirky beasts on the planet. One does not know what heaven is until one experiences hell.
Its akin to saying you like your girl friend because she is very punctual.

Quote:
Must be why all these supposedly petrolhead nirvana makers have gone bankrupt a dozen times each while some piece of junk heartless nonautomobilenirvanagiving Toyota Corolla out there averages more miles than all the Alfas sold in a month put together do.
Atleast they are not boring. Alfa's aren't a commodity so wont sell like one.

Quote:
FLAME ON!
To each one his own.
Old 17th January 2009, 03:49   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I guess I've mentioned this earlier, but most of the guys who complain about Fiat's a.s.s have never ever experienced it 1st hand. Its mostly hearsay etc.
So I have to prove that my dad had a Fiat Uno diesel for a long time and that we faced problems ?? Or that we still kept it for many a year becoz we really liked the car and finally sold it for a pittance.

Is it that anyone who makes comments/suggestions or put forth their thoughts on a subject should do so only after they "experience it first hand' ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Pls don't generalise things, I agree few Fiat owners faced issues with spare parts availability, but most of the Fiat owners including me (own a Palio for almost 5 years now) did not face any service issues
Common folks, I don't need to go around and take a survey to say that x people did face a problem, y no. of people did not face a problem. I've seen it first hand and also know people who have faced it as well as people who have not had a problem at all!! Just as someon's sample size shows a lot of people did not face a problem, my sample size shows a majority who faced a problem.

I drive a Matiz till date and though I love my car I can't say that we never had service issues with it. I am passionate about my cars and I'm sure everyone is about theirs but don't jump on me coz I tried to give a balanced viewpoint from my perspective.

I had given my views and everyone is welcome to give theirs, but do not try to trivialize others views.
Old 17th January 2009, 13:35   #149
Senior - BHPian

We've owned a FIAT. My perceptions on it came from our experience. And believe me, when I called up dad and told him "Dad, there is this new car from FIAT...", he went ballistic.

Ym-enjn, you might want to read my post before frothing at the mouth with rage. I used a Toyota as my prime example.

P.S : Speak for yourself. "We" who?

Quote:
What makes you think European cars are unreliable?
Surveys from all over the world? I remember Merc was languishing at the bottom of the pile on reliability surveys during the middle of this decade. VW weren't doing so well either.

Quote:
Design with no design language and I am no fan of this.
To each to his own.

Quote:
Its akin to saying you like your girl friend because she is very punctual.
Wouldn't you like the women of your life actually being punctual for a change? Seriously.

Quote:
Atleast they are not boring. Alfa's aren't a commodity so wont sell like one.
One's definition of boring is another's for peace of mind.

Quote:
To each one his own.
Indeed.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 17th January 2009 at 13:52.
Old 17th January 2009, 17:23   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ym-enjn, I used a Toyota as my prime example.
This is another problem of yours, what has Toyota to do in Honda and Fiat thread.. This is Linea vs ANHC thread, better you don't generalise each thread and convert it into Honda vs whole car industry. Both your posts talk about Alpha Romeo, Toyota, Mercs, VW, people psychology, I think this so that means that, you mean that, so everyone thinks that, indeed, but no where you talk about Linea and ANHC. Its useless, its wasting our time reading them..
And Toyota, has it turned all your dreams into nightmares, cant you get over it..
Please, instead of arguing with others, let us know your knowledge on "Linea and ANHC". Thanks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks