Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2008, 13:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Heart says Linea, brain says Honda.
If resale value is an important issue then Honda makes eminent sense. This is on top of every other positive of owning a Honda in India, like hassle free ownership experience, easy repair.
But if you like style and drive for fun then obviously Italy would win by ten goals against Japan.
Whether you would go with the heart or with the brain is for you to decide.
Old 28th November 2008, 13:23   #32
BHPian

I suggest you to wait for the Linea launch. The car looks really promising and is expected in the 6-8 Lac price range with 1.4L Petrol and re-tuned 1.3L Multijet Diesel engine. The expected launch date is 16th December. Also Mahindra Xylo launch is also on the cards. Although it's a SUV/MUV but let's see how do they present it. Xylo may also be priced around 6-8 lac and launch is expected Dec. itself.
Old 28th November 2008, 14:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

I had the opportunity of seeing a white honda city today on the highway. Very disappointing back look. Evn the front doesn't looks too promising. I know looks are subjective but somehow i still feel its nowhere if we compare to first gen Honda city.
Old 28th November 2008, 14:46   #34
BHPian

I see lot of City recommendations citing Honda badge as a reason. Wonder if this is a reason at all!!
Today the Fiesta and SX4 are both more VFM than the City. I am sure the Linea also will be. Also wonder how long Honda badge will continue to command premium if such scenario continues.
Old 28th November 2008, 14:56   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
I suggest you to wait for the Linea launch. The car looks really promising and is expected in the 6-8 Lac price range with 1.4L Petrol and re-tuned 1.3L Multijet Diesel engine. The expected launch date is 16th December.
Spot on buddy, my suggestion too is to wait. anyways even if you book today, you wont get the ANHC till Jan/Feb, so best to wait for the Linea and then make a choice between Linea Vs ANHC Vs SX4 Vs Fiesta or stretch for Altis / Cedia / Optra.
Old 28th November 2008, 15:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
I see lot of City recommendations citing Honda badge as a reason. Wonder if this is a reason at all!!
Today the Fiesta and SX4 are both more VFM than the City. I am sure the Linea also will be. Also wonder how long Honda badge will continue to command premium if such scenario continues.
Well if Linea does become a real VFM ( depends on price, we all know abt its goodies ) , then im sure Honda will feel the pinch. Fiesta S has already taken some sales of ANHC. I frankly feel that Toyota can cause the biggest threat to Honda in City segment. But problem is Toyota will launch their sedan only after Small car launch. So expect 2 more years of Honda taking us for a ride.

Fiesta , Linea & SX4 can cause a dent in the sales but a Toyota sedan can do what Altis is doing to the Civic right now.
Old 28th November 2008, 15:06   #37

Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Hi! I'm looking for a car in 7-8 lacs. I've shortlisted the new Honda City 1.8S MT, Ford Fiesta 1.6S, Maruti SX4 Zxi. But now after hearing about the launch of Fiat Linea in dec, my decision has become even more difficult. Should i wait for the Linea? will it be better than the City?
Under corporate plans, I've been offered the new City 1.8S MT for Rs.7,90,000(ex-Mum) and also Rs.80,000 discount on Fiesta & SX4.
How much will the Linea cost?
If you are going for petrol go for Honda diesel you should choose Fiesta S over Linea. Linea is a good car and has better build quality than fiesta but the main problem is Service, my firends palio is in service station he is still waiting for a spare part it will atleast take him 4 days!!!!!! So availability of spare part will be a great problem for prospective buyers.
Tata Fiat alliance benefitted tata a lot but still no improvement in Service..
Old 28th November 2008, 15:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Hi! I'm looking for a car in 7-8 lacs. I've shortlisted the new Honda City 1.8S MT, Ford Fiesta 1.6S, Maruti SX4 Zxi. But now after hearing about the launch of Fiat Linea in dec, my decision has become even more difficult. Should i wait for the Linea? will it be better than the City?
Under corporate plans, I've been offered the new City 1.8S MT for Rs.7,90,000(ex-Mum) and also Rs.80,000 discount on Fiesta & SX4.
How much will the Linea cost?
Whats the point of this thread, other than to promote speculation and get hypothetical advise. You are comparing a car thats not been launched with a car thats just been launched. Its like someone opening a thread 2 months back about What Car: i10 or A Star. I suggest mods close this thread till Linea is launched.
Old 28th November 2008, 15:19   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Whats the point of this thread, other than to promote speculation and get hypothetical advise. You are comparing a car thats not been launched with a car thats just been launched. Its like someone opening a thread 2 months back about What Car: i10 or A Star. I suggest mods close this thread till Linea is launched.
Ha!Ha!

aseem, you have a point. But if you had followed the Fiesta vs ANHC and the SX4 vs ANHC threads similarly during the speculative period before the ANHC was actually launched and available, it was very interesting and did result in lot of guys deciding.
Old 28th November 2008, 16:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

@Aseem - you are right that Linea has not been launched yet but we do have the specifications and few other details and also the reviews from outside India where Linea is available. And there are many people on this forum who make there mind to buy which car from the discussion they have with fellow bhpians,so i feel its healthy to carry on. And even if i wasnt on this forum i would have no clues there is something like LINEA which is getting launched and will end up buying ANHC or fiesta S which i can see on the road!
Old 28th November 2008, 22:04   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well my question was should i wait for the Linea? I never asked to compare the two cars cuz no one knows what the specs and price will be. Since i was going to book the Honda City and since the waiting period is growing day by day, i thought of getting some suggestions from you guys whether waiting for the Linea will be worth it or not?
Old 1st December 2008, 15:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went through detailed review of Linea in Autocar India. It is not just first ride impression, but proper full blown road test. The car production has already started. Other than price point, everything else is known about the car. So, it certainly is not mere speculation any more (which was the case so far).

Autocar has covered both AHNC and Linea in this month's issue. For a change, Fiat's interior (at least steering/dashboard controls) looks better than Honda.

Last edited by RX135 : 1st December 2008 at 15:58.
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:48   #43
BHPian

I would say Honda any day for a few reasons.
1.Better service and availability of spares.
2. Hopefully better build quality resulting in less stress on purse during it's life.
3. Smarter looking than Linea.
4. Better resale.
5. Peace of mind
Don't go for Fiat till their below pathetic service issues are resolved.
Old 2nd December 2008, 22:12   #44
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post
I would say Honda any day for a few reasons.
1.Better service and availability of spares.
2. Hopefully better build quality resulting in less stress on purse during it's life.
3. Smarter looking than Linea.
4. Better resale.
5. Peace of mind
Don't go for Fiat till their below pathetic service issues are resolved.
I think Linea scores on #2. On #3, both cars look good in their own right, so they are even.

I agree with you on #1, #4 and #5. However you missed few other points where Linea would score, viz.,

6. Better interiors
7. Value pricing, and more features for the price
8. Diesel option

I am not disputing about the good qualities of Honda & ANHC, as such but feel they are ripping us off for the kind of price demanded and what we get.

But for the A**, i think Linea would have been a far better choice, but looks risky due to the poor reputation of Fiat in India.
Old 2nd December 2008, 23:13   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
I think Linea scores on #2. On #3, both cars look good in their own right, so they are even.

I agree with you on #1, #4 and #5. However you missed few other points where Linea would score, viz.,

6. Better interiors
7. Value pricing, and more features for the price
8. Diesel option

But for the A**, i think Linea would have been a far better choice, but looks risky due to the poor reputation of Fiat in India.
I agree completely with you on the rest however just wanna add that reputation only changes with time and as Fiat is making so much effort with Linea am sure they will do something with the A.S.S as well in the near future.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks