Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2008, 10:18   #16
BHPian

Pls wait and watch till Linea is launched, but before that decide yourself whether u want a diesel or petrol car, if its petro IMO go for SX4 great VFM and u get good discount with fully loaded, City IMO is overpriced with no Alloys or Climate control on the other hand if its diesel wait till Linea is launched go for a TD and then decide yourself.
Old 26th November 2008, 10:26   #17
BHPian

I did say wait the Fiat launch. Then take these cars out for spin and then decide. There is no point in rushing to any decision.
Old 26th November 2008, 10:44   #18
BHPian

which ever car wait atleast for 6 months after the car is on the roads!! . The car will always have small issues. these will be sorted out onlt after this period!!.

so wait and then decide. not just follow your heart. listen to your head too.

even the SX4 had a clutch issue!! which got sorted out in warranty itself for almost all car buyers then.
Old 26th November 2008, 10:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

You got to wait for the Linea to be able to ask anyone. How can you get good suggestions when one of the cars is not released and the specs not known. You will only know about people's biases.

Last edited by srishiva : 26th November 2008 at 10:49.
Old 26th November 2008, 17:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
which ever car wait atleast for 6 months after the car is on the roads!!
Off topic. But couldn't resist. If everyone is waiting for the car to be on the road for at least 6 months, how will the car ever come to the road? That is pretty contradicting man!
Old 26th November 2008, 17:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

I am glad someone is even considering the Linea! This should be music to Fiat's ears. After all the bloopers done by them, they still have buyers. This just goes to show that people still haven't given up on them. When you have prospective buyers for your yet to be launched product, that's half the battle won.
Old 26th November 2008, 18:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I am glad someone is even considering the Linea! This should be music to Fiat's ears. After all the bloopers done by them, they still have buyers. This just goes to show that people still haven't given up on them. When you have prospective buyers for your yet to be launched product, that's half the battle won.
You are bang on Amit, I would love to see that this car does what is required to get them into the main stream of business in India, I hope it does well, there are a lot of heads which will roll if it doesn't.
Old 26th November 2008, 19:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Judging by the number of threads and the curiousity on the forum this is no surprise. Its the most awaited car of the year after all and i really hope the wait should be worth it
Old 26th November 2008, 20:00   #24

My take

a) Ford Fiesta - Spares and servicing issues, good build quality
b) Linea - Too early to consider. Let the car stay in market for 6 mths, then only you know what are you getting into. But definitely will be a gem of diesel engine.
b)ANHC - Honda branding, good A.S.S, high resale, not a VFM anymore though, petrol only
c) SX4 - low cost spares and good A.S.S, but questionable build quality (subjective though)

I would suggest rate each of car with your needs prioritized. Factor out resale, maintenance, spares and servicing.

I would be you, I would not pin my hopes on Linea before it gets tried and tested in market.
Old 27th November 2008, 10:51   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PankajG View Post
I would be you, I would not pin my hopes on Linea before it gets tried and tested in market.
Linea is tried and tested, if not in India, but elsewhere. I'm however overlooking any flaw in the new factory. Otherwise, I'm pretty much sure that this car is trouble free. Service period is 15,000 Km (15Mm), an even more reason to worry less about service cost. This multijet in Linea need not change engine oil for 30,000Km, but in India, they might ask us to change every 15,000Km. I don't believe that Linea's maintenance cost can be costlier than even a Santro in maintenance. Parts will be manufactured in India, so price will be cheap. But availability can be an issue unless they sell in good numbers (I learnt this hard lesson from my Bajaj Saffire).

I never found any issue in the A.S.S. of my Indican DLS, in spite of facing nagging problems with the car now and then. So, I have no worries in Bangalore Tata/Fiat service.

Even if things turn out to be worse than I expected on the maintenance cost, A.S.S., parts availability, I would still buy Linea for its superb ride and handling and high speed stability and build and material quality.
Old 27th November 2008, 10:54   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I will be keeping a close eye on this thread. These two cars along with Fiesta TDCI could be my next buy sometime nxt year.
How come you have the Honda city as your avatar already as you are still deciding ?
Old 28th November 2008, 11:55   #27
BHPian

My bet on Linea

Insiders have TDed the Linea and have given a great feedback on its ride handling and performance for both Petrol and Diesel.

Remember its targeting the segment ruled by City, SX4, Verna, Fiesta. The price its going to offer is going to hit these cars!

Watch for Linea....I bet you won't ever regret!

Ask the FIAT owners

Cheers~
Old 28th November 2008, 12:18   #28
BHPian

16 Dec is not far away. I would suggest to wait and see the car. I am at the same crossroad and torn between buying a fiesta / new honda city but now i have decided to wait and see the linea before choosing the car.
The encouraging factor is that the linea car has been receiving positive feedback from various people who have driven it so far.
Old 28th November 2008, 12:18   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
R15 and FZ16 did it for Yamaha (which is Fiat of 2 wheeler industry in Industry). Can Linea (and GP) do the same for Fiat? Will be interesting to see.

AHNC seems to have put off buyers with its pricing and perceived lower mileage. This will be a blessing in disguise for Fiat, but it's still too early to count Fiat in the same league as Honda, Maruti, Hyundai in India (in terms of sale).
Old 28th November 2008, 12:53   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
How come you have the Honda city as your avatar already as you are still deciding ?
Well i thought i would buy the City blindly after specs & looks of city.
With Linea being more loaded (& if priced well) i shall decided after few months. Anyways im not in the market atleast till april 09.Lets wait & see.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks