Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2009, 15:16   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
There is another aspect to it, as pointed out by a magazine (I think BS Motoring) doing a comparision between Fiesta and ANHC. That is, 'you get back that 1 lakh when you are selling the ANHC 4 or 5 years down the line'
Of course, people who are doing more than 1000km/month can also save in running cost if they go for Linea multijet
I dont know why all this fuss over the resale value if you are not planning it to sell it within say 2 years and are in the habbit of changing cars every two years.
Lets put it this way... why should I think for the person who will be buying the car from me? Its better to drive the car you like than driving something which you dont but will give you better resale when you sell it.
Life anyways is a compromise, lets not make any more, especially when you like something.
Old 15th January 2009, 15:44   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I dont know why all this fuss over the resale value if you are not planning it to sell it within say 2 years and are in the habbit of changing cars every two years.
Lets put it this way... why should I think for the person who will be buying the car from me? Its better to drive the car you like than driving something which you dont but will give you better resale when you sell it.
Life anyways is a compromise, lets not make any more, especially when you like something.
It depends on the person. After owning and selling few cars I have come to realise the importance of resale value. I am not saying that one should go for a bad car becasue it retains resale value (bad cars can't anyway) but use this as one of the parameters if two cars are close in other parameters or one is not substantially ahead then the other in some key areas.

Last edited by Guna : 15th January 2009 at 15:46.
Old 15th January 2009, 15:48   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Truth is out !!!

ANHC has 2 MT models: E & S
Linea has 3 MT models: Active, Dynamic & Emotion

In equipment wise, ANHC E falls between Dynamic & Emotion. For comparison sake lets take it as Dynamic.

Prices in Delhi:
Linea Dynamic ( 88.2 BHP, 1368CC): Rs 6,29,972
ANHC E (115.7 BHP, 1500CC): Rs. 7,51,000

So for 1.2L more, you get close to 30BHP more, a VTEC engine, 150CC + more.

This makes ANHC VFM over Linea.
Its a question of personal choice, i like blue you like pink. We all have our own point of view. For some who want luxury, comfort and mileage LINEA is the answer, for other power (or bhp) hungry petrol heads ANHC is the epitome of C segement sedans. The market offers different products and each has its own space and market share because at the end of it 'We' are all different !
Old 15th January 2009, 15:51   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I share same thought extreme_torque.
Why would someone talk about re-sale even before he plans to buy it.

And I am scared of brands that are easily available in re-sale market. It is evident that people get bugged of those brands and sell it of pretty soon!
Old 15th January 2009, 17:07   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is, 'you get back that 1 lakh when you are selling the ANHC 4 or 5 years down the line'
Paying 1 lakh now and getting back 1 lakh after 5 years isn't the same. With 12% interest rate, you have lost cool 80 thousand then.

Quote:
Truth is out !!!
Going by your own ingenious logic, what will you say about NHC, which was 100cc and 25 BHP lesser than competition, with even lesser features at 50K extra? A daylight highway robbery?

PS: I am not taking side with any car here.
Old 15th January 2009, 21:47   #111
Senior - BHPian

I really dont see why there should be a doubt. Honda is known for its engines. FIAT is known for its engines and suspensions. If you are looking for a petrol and dont mind spending the premium for the Honda brand. Thats what you should go for. And you surely should not have any complaints. The ANHC seems to be pretty good.

If you want to save some money and get the comfort, space and gadgets of a class above. Go for the Linea. You'll enjoy every bit of it. Especially the 15ooo km service interval.
Old 15th January 2009, 23:42   #112
BHPian

Its a very close choice. They are both the best picks in the segment. The Linea for comfort, practicality and features. The ANHC for looks, speed and reliability. I wouldnt say one is better than the other. It depends on what you want from the car.

Personally i chose the ANHC but thats because it has what i want. I know people for whom the Linea would be more ideal, but for me its the ANHC.
At the end of the day, i think both the cars are the final and best choices among the entire C segment, and i dont see why anyone would consider another car in this segment when these 2 are available. Though the fiesta S does come close.
Old 16th January 2009, 06:35   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Paying 1 lakh now and getting back 1 lakh after 5 years isn't the same. With 12% interest rate, you have lost cool 80 thousand then.

Going by your own ingenious logic, what will you say about NHC, which was 100cc and 25 BHP lesser than competition, with even lesser features at 50K extra? A daylight highway robbery?

PS: I am not taking side with any car here.
I think when NHC was lanched in 2003, they positioned it a notch down from the outgoing city (price was less by a lakh if I remember correctly) and relatively made it affordable by larger mass. In the context of the time they were operating it was a good value and became a huge success. Of course there were other options available in the market, so there was no compulson or monopoly.
I think it is natural for companies to adopt a pricing strategy that works for them. If one can charge a premium, every comapny thaT wants to make profit will charge accordingly. No company is doing business for charity here isnt it.
Old 16th January 2009, 08:19   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Prices in Delhi:

Oh - well - try this one. Bangalore

Linea Emotion+ D : 8.12L
ANHC S M/T : 8.17L

After paying 5K less you get:
  • alloy wheels
  • climate control
  • fog lamps
  • blu-n-me
  • rear a/c vent, electronic sunblind @ the rear
  • Heated Rear view Mirrors
  • a Diesel engine and better fuel efficiency
  • a few more things that i forget
how's that for VFM?

Last edited by SkyWalker : 16th January 2009 at 08:20.
Old 16th January 2009, 08:40   #115
Senior - BHPian

I think its time you guys stopped comparing the diesel to the petrol. Compare petrol to petrol and the Linea looks even more VFM (even if its BHP figures suggests its slow as molasses).
Old 16th January 2009, 09:20   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Oh - well - try this one. Bangalore

Linea Emotion+ D : 8.12L
ANHC S M/T : 8.17L

After paying 5K less you get:
  • alloy wheels
  • climate control
  • fog lamps
  • blu-n-me
  • rear a/c vent, electronic sunblind @ the rear
  • Heated Rear view Mirrors
  • a Diesel engine and better fuel efficiency
  • a few more things that i forget
how's that for VFM?
Probably Diabloo meant to say 'City is more desirable' or a 'attractive buy'. Certainly Linea offers more value for the money you spend.
Old 16th January 2009, 10:17   #117
BANNED

Fiat Linea has that retro 70s look and hence it will charm the folks of that era.
ANHC is a modern car with futuristic design. Hence it appeals to younger folks.
Quote:
No offense taken because there are many others who are going for ANHC for it's styling as one of the deciding factor
By the way, space in ANHC is more than Linea.
Old 16th January 2009, 10:58   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Truth is out !!!

ANHC has 2 MT models: E & S
Linea has 3 MT models: Active, Dynamic & Emotion

In equipment wise, ANHC E falls between Dynamic & Emotion. For comparison sake lets take it as Dynamic.

Prices in Delhi:

Please don't give wrong information, that too after I have pointed out the correct figures.

ANHC E MT ex-showroom Bangalore is 7.69L Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. :: Price List

Linea Dynamic petrol is 6.32L Linea ::

Difference is 1.37L. That will produce the difference in OTR of Rs. 1.55L easily, because ANHC insurance/road tax/handling charges are all higher.

Of course featurewise, Linea does not have Airbag/ABS, ANHC does not have front fog lamps. City is better equiped though. Linea can get Audio system and ABS/EBD for extra 28K. That would make a closer match featurewise and price difference OTR being about 1.25L.
Old 16th January 2009, 11:06   #119
BANNED

I stand by my figures. Please point out the wrong information. I will eat my words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Please don't give wrong information, that too after I have pointed out the correct figures.
Old 16th January 2009, 11:11   #120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Fiat Linea has that retro 70s look and hence it will charm the folks of that era.
ANHC is a modern car with futuristic design. Hence it appeals to younger folks.
Can you elaborate more on the retro 70's look? Which car from the 70's looked like the Linea? Similarly what is futuristic about the Honda City? I am a little confused.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks