Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2008, 20:40   #76
Senior - BHPian

@fast lane, this is because you are currently a newbie. You'll need to hit the BHPian level to get full access to the forum.

Please go read the Announcements forum and familiarize yourself with the rules before continuing.
Old 5th December 2008, 23:07   #77
oss
BHPian

As far as i know i have only seen & heard of timing gears when it comes to car engines. But i think an engineer from Bosch that has access to classified information will know better
Old 5th December 2008, 23:20   #78
Senior - BHPian

With the discounts being offered by car makers, it would be interesting to see the pricing that Fiat would adhere to.
Old 5th December 2008, 23:32   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast lane View Post
I am a member of Team BHP but an unable to find the ink topost / start a new topic. All i can do is REPLY to a post....

please help.

Soumo Chatterjee
Pune
Cell - 9970411311
You can start a new thread even if you are a Newbie. Any post while Newbie, will be visible after moderation.

Have a look at membership levels and their benefits here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-benefits.html
Old 3rd January 2009, 20:43   #80
Senior - BHPian

Now that all details of the Linea are out, what do you guys recommend?
From what i've seen, here are the pros and cons of both the cars

Honda City 1.5S
Pros:
-stunning looks
-loads of space and great comfort
-powerful engine and fun to drive
-impressive fuel economy
Cons:
-no climate control
-interior quality not upto the mark
-skinny tyres and no alloy wheels,no fog lamps

Fiat Linea Emotion+
Pros:
-contemporary Italian styling
-great comfort and space
-plenty of equipment like auto climate control, Blue&Me, fog lamps,alloys etc.
-nice well laid out interiors
Cons
-rear headroom not enough for tall people
-underpowered engine for a car that big

Last edited by theragingbull : 3rd January 2009 at 20:45.
Old 4th January 2009, 20:11   #81
Senior - BHPian

@the ragingbull : Jan issue of Overdrive has a comparison on Linea vs ANHC. They have rated the Linea a little higher than the city due to a)better equipped b) very well priced c)diesel. They do maintain that the Honda has an upper hand when it comes to driving pleasure, power & refinement.

I am in your position, i am having a TD this month to decide which one. Unless the Linea tends to be really underpowered, i might buy that.
Old 5th January 2009, 14:25   #82
Senior - BHPian

thanks.I'll check out that issue.The only thing that'll deter me from buying the Fiat Linea is the bad after-sales service and expensive spares.
Old 5th January 2009, 14:32   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
thanks.I'll check out that issue.The only thing that'll deter me from buying the Fiat Linea is the bad after-sales service and expensive spares.
The issue would also be reliability of the vehicle, any new launch has initial teething problems. In regard to the cost of spares, Honda spares are'nt cheap either, one ends up paying through the nose.
Old 5th January 2009, 18:03   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
The issue would also be reliability of the vehicle, any new launch has initial teething problems. In regard to the cost of spares, Honda spares are'nt cheap either, one ends up paying through the nose.
See, the great part about that is you won't need Honda spares very often unless you crash your car
Old 6th January 2009, 16:59   #85

Quote:
See, the great part about that is you won't need Honda spares very often unless you crash your car
Same is true with FIAT cars as well, I own a Palio for the last 6 years and visit the service center only for routine service. not a single part has failed so far except for the rubber beading that came out once, fitted it back with the help of a local mechanic.
Old 8th January 2009, 00:50   #86
BHPian

Just checked out the Linea today at Fortune Cars in Andheri, they have the top end version Emotion on display. Initial impressions were very good, external build and the interiors are definitely better than the new Honda city that I also tried out.
This Fiat is built solid, it looks and feels substantial and expensive, attention to detail is very good for its price. Nifty touches abound, like in the boot there is a hook to lift the carpet and padding to retrieve the spare tyre, you can hook the support to the boot and then remove the spare unhindered.when not required this hook and strap acts as a tie down for any small stuff in the boot. The vanity mirrors have 2 lights each ! The internal door release handles feel built to last...I could go on. Needless to say I was impressed, however as an ex owner of one of the very first Palios ( currently running around in a Swift VDi), I will wait for 6 months and check out if Fiat has improved their A.S.S If so, then bye bye Swift, u lousy rattler ! And I agree with abhim23, the only things I changed in my Palio over 7 years were the tyres and the brake pads ! Paragon of reliability, and good thing to since the service centre was far away.
Old 9th January 2009, 17:28   #87
mxx
BHPian

trust me on this, honda products in India, is OVERPRICED. The previous honda city was was being sold for at least 50% premium. Mind you, I am comparing top of the line city which was sold here and abroad. The one sold abroad had much more features, including 7 speed automatic with paddle shift, and even then it cost 50% more here. This is too much considering city was not CBU or even CKD.
IMO, 50% premium is too much for a honda.

Last edited by mxx : 9th January 2009 at 17:31.
Old 9th January 2009, 17:56   #88
BHPian

Honda is always horribly over priced in India. I hate them only for that reason.
Not 50%, but at least 30% cost reduction will be justified.

ALHC looks good for sure, but still it does not make it to my wish list at all.
Old 11th January 2009, 00:49   #89
BHPian

the linea might not be a road burner but it is decently powered and has good in gear acceleration timings which are better even than verna.
Old 11th January 2009, 10:27   #90
Senior - BHPian

I was looking for a new car and decided to go for City S-AT inspite of it's somewhat fragile build, low ground clearence, no so luxurious interiors etc. I knew that Linea probably is better in many aspects like build quality, feel of the interiors and features list. What made me not to consider Linea seriously is the choice of engines available. I also liked the futuristic looks of the City compared to the classic-retro derived styling of Linea.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks