Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2016, 13:25   #1606
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Football Thread

Yes, Zlatan has gone to end his days. Good luck for that signing. Don't see too many seasons left for him.
Old 1st July 2016, 15:52   #1607
BHPian

Van Persie had one brilliant season which helped Man United win the league title for the 20th time.

Zlatan has the talent and ability to emulate the same again.
Old 1st July 2016, 16:15   #1608
Team-BHP Support

While Ibrahimovic is one of the most outrageously talented players of his generation, the Premier League is a far more physically demanding arena that the French Ligue 1, and he isn't getting any younger.

With all the money (TV rights and/or billionaire owners) being pumped into the Premier League, most teams are able to compete better and the days of being afraid of certain teams/venues are gone. Nobody fears going to the likes of Old Trafford, Anfield, Emirates, Etihad and Stamford Bridge anymore. Most smaller teams these days are bent more on causing an upset than rolling over for the big boys, and that's not going to change.
Old 1st July 2016, 16:40   #1609
Senior - BHPian

Well its a free transfer! What have United to lose here?

We are not in Champions League so not all players would be amenable to join united. We are not likely to tempt Messi or Neymar or Bale. Zlatan still is in same category so he is the best that we can attain at this point. He is 34 so he wont need to play all the games this gives opportunities to both Martial and Rashford to keep developing. United cannot repeat last seasons foolishness and bank on youngsters. That was stupid of Van Gaal and cost us the Champions League place. We need a player like Zlatan. Theres little to lose really. And he will make the commercial partners very happy. He is a global superstar. He has ability to produce moments of genius a la Cantona and has displayed that in all leagues. As a supporter I am terribly excited. Cant wait to see him start in the red colors really.
Old 1st July 2016, 17:15   #1610
Team-BHP Support

Footballing talent aside, I'd hire him for the media appearances alone, the guy is an absolute riot!
Old 8th July 2016, 18:02   #1611
Senior - BHPian

Hehe, so Germany lost the match because of 2 errors by 2 players. I am not sure what is with Germany trying "hand of god" in their own penalty boxes! Gotta give it to France and Greizmann though - well played.

Now, Goa vs Pondicherry in the finals! Neutral, so hoping for a good game!
Old 28th September 2016, 11:28   #1612
BHPian

Anyone else here absolutely delighted at Arsenal's demolition of the chavy rent boys? I hope that that our bogey fixture is done away with, now to demolish that despicable megalomaniac at OT. But I still fear Pogba has to come into his own, and I don't want to see what he will be capable of, along with Rashford and Ibra.
Old 28th September 2016, 11:43   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
Anyone else here absolutely delighted at Arsenal's demolition of the chavy rent boys? I hope that that our bogey fixture is done away with, now to demolish that despicable megalomaniac at OT. But I still fear Pogba has to come into his own, and I don't want to see what he will be capable of, along with Rashford and Ibra.
@ AbelAFC

Mate you seem to be thoroughbred gooner!

Loved every bit of it. Saw the first half demolition which was a sort of payback to what they have done to us over the years!

Right now MANC and MANU still remain top of my list.

Hope they don't dip going forward. TW played superb and so did AI. True test is not slowing down now.

Saw repeats and also the Arsenal fantv reviews. Smacking.

Last edited by saildrive : 28th September 2016 at 11:44.
Old 28th September 2016, 11:49   #1614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
@ AbelAFC

Mate you seem to be thoroughbred gooner!

Loved every bit of it. Saw the first half demolition which was a sort of payback to what they have done to us over the years!

Right now MANC and MANU still remain top of my list.

Hope they don't dip going forward. TW played superb and so did AI. True test is not slowing down now.

Yup, been a gooner since I was eight.

This mirrored our 3-0 against Utd last season. I love how we take apart teams in the first half and then control the pace in the second, though a few more goals wouldn't hurt, tbh.

And you're absolutely right, our biggest problem has always been keeping up our consistency and not falling apart thanks to injuries. I'm still a little worried about our strike force though, Giroud sometimes goes missing and I haven't seen enough of LP9 to be convinced.
Old 28th September 2016, 13:54   #1615
Team-BHP Support

Pogba needs a good holding midfielder/deep-lying play-maker to release his full potential, and he was used to playing with arguably the grand master of that position at Juve. What have United got? An ageing Carrick, and he can't even make the team most days!

No wonder Pogba looks lost and mostly out of position trying to make something happen on his own. The Special One will probably be spending another fortune in Jan to enable his top-dollar player.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th September 2016 at 13:57.
Old 28th September 2016, 16:15   #1616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
Yup and was so happy about it! I was a little doubtful of the outcome before the match but we seem to have bedded in quite well. So happy about the result. My only sadness about the result - JoseTheChosenOne must have been with Chelsea. It would have been awesome to see his face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Recorded the match. Will go down as one of the best matches by Arsenal. Other than the dismantling of ManU last season.

Saw replays of just Mustafi and Kos defending and doing such a wonderful job of it! And that run from Bellerin! Spectacular.

And another major joy - seeing that ugly exasperated mug of Diego Costa.

Karma.
Old 29th September 2016, 08:09   #1617
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the Arsenal we all love is back. Its a pleasure to watch. The Chelski performance was repeated against Basel too. Steel and Style!

So happy for Wenger. He gets way too much stick for what he has done for the club.
Old 29th September 2016, 11:28   #1618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Looks like the Arsenal we all love is back. Its a pleasure to watch. The Chelski performance was repeated against Basel too. Steel and Style!

So happy for Wenger. He gets way too much stick for what he has done for the club.
Yeah and it is indeed a joy to watch. I guess no other team can come close to an Arsenal team that is on song. Happy for Wenger thaatha. The man has given 20 years to this club! Wish the team give him the silverware this year!

Didn't watch the Basel match sadly but will look for highlights. Theo scored em both eh? Not a big fan of Theo but looks like he is showing some spunk this season already.

EDIT - just watched the highlights - Arsenal should have scored at least 6 there!

Last edited by naveenroy : 29th September 2016 at 11:38.
Old 29th September 2016, 12:14   #1619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post

EDIT - just watched the highlights - Arsenal should have scored at least 6 there!
Hi,

From where can I watch the highlights? I need to see both, premier league matches as well as Champions league matches. Thanks in advance!
Old 29th September 2016, 15:13   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi,

From where can I watch the highlights? I need to see both, premier league matches as well as Champions league matches. Thanks in advance!

Visit footballorgin.com, you can also see full match replays there. Best website for football matches in my opinion.

Mod Note : I am in no way related to the above mentioned website nor am I promoting it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks