Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 06:50   #436
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
Did manage to buy Maiden's FF on friday and have only had 1 proper listen so will review it later. It is good but overall its not as mind blowingly good is what I felt. Of course I need to listen a few more times to really get into it but liked talisman, when the wild wind and mother of mercy.

Did not see BG's new album in the stupid, smelly planetM I usually visit.. why isn't there a decent music shop in Pune which has a variety of heavy metal?
The salesman asked me if I wanted "ojji's" new album too!
Somehow I felt they have done a bad job with sound production. (I meant the Maiden album). The sound always felt a bit muffed. BG is difficult to lay hands easily. All my BG purchases were through Amazon which folks would carry for me! Now only I see some of them coming down to India for sales. I have stopped going to now! I used to be a regular visitor to Habitat on Church street.

Maybe I felt Maiden production was bad, looking at what BG production was!
Old 25th August 2010, 10:17   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrisarkar View Post
Haahahhh! Thats hilarious!! Even I was on the verge of making the same mistake. I went to landmark to pre book and asked the prices. They were 395,495 and 9xx. I blindly said book the 9xx one. He said OK and just out of curiosity I asked what all they have in it! He said its an LP!!
Stopped him right there.
Grrrr.. You laughing at me?
Just kidding mate :-D
It was 936 Rs (after some discount), by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Sorry to hear about you ending up with an LP. Read somewhere that LPs are making a BIG comeback - although in collectors and limited editions. I saw quite a lot of new metal/rock albums in LPs when I was in Portugal.
No worries mate. I had been to Landmark in The Forum. They said they cannot let me exchange the LP with something else there (because they have different billing funda), but it is possible to get it exchanged through online booking. But I am not going to do it. I am going to keep my LP in fond remembrance of my goof up.
Also, I ripped a friend's CD and now I have all the songs in mp3, so I can listen to the album while driving.
The solo of El Dorado reminds me so much of Wasted Years and Caught Somewhere In Time. But the best part of the album is the intro (probably the Satellite 15 part). I just love the way Nicko plays the drums. It feels as if I am travelling through space.
Also, like the previous albums, I found Dave's guitar prominent on the right side.
What do you guys think of the album?
Old 25th August 2010, 11:06   #438
BHPian

My favorite song from the legends latest album:

Old 25th August 2010, 14:14   #439
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
The solo of El Dorado reminds me so much of Wasted Years and Caught Somewhere In Time. But the best part of the album is the intro (probably the Satellite 15 part). I just love the way Nicko plays the drums. It feels as if I am travelling through space.
Also, like the previous albums, I found Dave's guitar prominent on the right side.
What do you guys think of the album?
Its still sinking in. Its playing for a long time in my ipod. Talisman, Isle of Avalon and the title track are stand outs for me. In fact when you listen to title track, you dont get to know its Maiden till you listen to the second part.
Old 25th August 2010, 14:52   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
What is that Slayer story? I did not know.
A christian group protested and EMI had to recall the albums from the shelves. They (the christian group) took offense to the album artwork and also cited the reason that the song 'Jihad' would offend muslims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
boo! If the October thing is cancelled...I hope some other show pops up somewhere, keep us posted over here guys of any other metal acts are playing anywhere in India.
There are rumors of another Maiden gig in 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Thankfully, Bangalore's metal scene is pretty okay. Every other weekend, there is some show or the other at either Hard Rock, Kyra or Opus! I love Bangalore!
That's fantastic! I can only lament being bang in the middle of Bollywood town!
Old 26th August 2010, 22:07   #441
Team-BHP Support

Every Thursday 10-12 on Radio Indigo is a heavy metal season. Reminded me of the late night 12-2 heavy metal (called Rebel Yell) in the erstwhile (all English Radio City).

As I speak what is playing? Maiden: 2 Minutes to Midnight! And I am loving it.
Ever heard Maiden in a radio?
Old 27th August 2010, 14:28   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Every Thursday 10-12 on Radio Indigo is a heavy metal season. Reminded me of the late night 12-2 heavy metal (called Rebel Yell) in the erstwhile (all English Radio City).

As I speak what is playing? Maiden: 2 Minutes to Midnight! And I am loving it.
Ever heard Maiden in a radio?
Woww, didn't know that! Need to tune in....
Old 27th August 2010, 16:35   #443
BHPian

@ ampere

Dude what frequency is radio indigo at? Do they play cutting edge metal or more generic bands like Metallica, Maiden etc?
Old 27th August 2010, 16:45   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
@ ampere

Dude what frequency is radio indigo at? Do they play cutting edge metal or more generic bands like Metallica, Maiden etc?

At office i listen to Yahoo's Metal station. They play pretty decent metal stuff.
Old 27th August 2010, 17:35   #445
BHPian

Not at all a metal guy but love this song.My favorite metal song.

Old 27th August 2010, 18:32   #446
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@ ampere

Indigo@ Bangalore : 91.9 MHz

Radio Indigo : The colour of music

Every weekday 8-10 is Saggy with The Rock Show (Plays all kinds of rock songs) : Cutting Edge per your definition included!

Every Thursday 10-12 is real hard metal back-to-back and no RJ!
Old 27th August 2010, 18:50   #447
BHPian

^ Oh! Is it a local radio station in Bangalore? Would I be able to catch the broadcast in Mumbai?
Old 27th August 2010, 19:04   #448
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
^ Oh! Is it a local radio station in Bangalore? Would I be able to catch the broadcast in Mumbai?
You mean to say there are no all English FM stations in Bombay?
Old 28th August 2010, 12:01   #449
BHPian

Frankly, I don't know jack about radio. I just want to know whether the metal hour is a local or nationwide broadcast.
Old 28th August 2010, 12:17   #450
BHPian

Well well...how did this thread elude me for so long!

I'm very into metal, but the sub genre depends on my mood. I'm currently into a lot of deathcore, bands like Despised Icon, Unearthed, Under The Scythe, 100 Demons, Thy Art is Murder, etc. Despised Icon are simply the pinnacle of deathcore if you ask me. Give it a shot.

Other than that I'm into old skool death and thrash metal. Early metallica, Morbid angel, cannibal corpse, slayer, etc.

If we talk about black metal, I love Dark Throne, Absu (more speedy thrash), Emperor, errm...*scrolls through playlist*...Carpathian forest!

Pretty much every genre of metal, I try not to categorize too much. If it's heavy, and it sounds good? I like it. Pretty much the same list applies while driving

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks