Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2014, 21:37   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Classic Rock (1960s-1990s) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala59 View Post
Freddie Mercury! What a perfomer!! Proud to say he was an Indian
Freddy Mercury. Farokh Balsara. He was a Parsee Bawajee, who lived in DPC for a while. (Of all places!)

Whenever I pass by Dadar TT area, the speakers are screaming out- We will rock you!

So, now whenever you pass by DPC, forget the old cars! DPC is special for other reasons as well.

Long live Freddie!
Old 25th December 2014, 22:29   #1007
BHPian

Re: The Heavy Metal & Rock Thread

Ampere:

I discovered Metal somewhere around the 9th grade! Then slowly started listening to older bands and so on.

Dio! \m/ I regard him as the BEST vocalist of all time! Heard all his songs while he was in Sabbath, as well as his own band! Holy Diver is a magical album. Its really sad that we lost him a few years back to cancer.
May his soul RIP

Deep Purple were an amazing band, thanks to Mr. Blackmore. I think they deserved much much more attention than Led Zeppelin. I like Zeppelin, however always feel DP were much better than them

Judas Priest. I don't even have to say anything! \m/ Halford and his magical voice

FINTAIL:
Yes! I have read about his childhood and everything! DPC seems to be an amazing place Its a real shame he never performed here and that we could never see him live! Too sad.

I must say BHPians have excellent taste in music!
Old 26th December 2014, 11:48   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Been listening to a lot of random metal bands of later, trying to find a "make my fist punch the air" band. Not much success i must admit.

The new sister sin album was good. ACDC not so much sadly. Bloodbound was good as usual.

Was waiting for the new battle beast album but checking out the new single which was released i am a bit disappointed.

The new nightwish album with floor jansen should be good. So new albums by Maiden, Megadeth and Metallica in 2015?
Old 26th December 2014, 19:49   #1009
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
The new nightwish album with floor jansen should be good. So new albums by Maiden, Megadeth and Metallica in 2015?
New Guardian album is coming up in Jan. Looking forward to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond_the_Red_Mirror

Quote:
Ampere:I discovered Metal somewhere around the 9th grade! Then slowly started listening to older bands and so on.
I must be one of the oldest guy to discover metal. In second year engineering, seniors were playing "we dont need no education" and I asked naively whats that song. That was the beginning of my journey. I grew to a lot of radio. So metal as much less. It was always some odd cassette here and there. Serious interest started after second year in college. But thankfully later, I went to the extent to get to know a band fully and getting all their works.

The best in realisation was Maiden. My first album was Rock in Rio and I liked it very much not knowing what was Number of the Beast and Piece of Mind. Then I started discovering mutiple shades of each of these guys including Bruce's solo career. Its been fun. Similarly not to mention the synthesised leanings in Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of Seventh Son. In my opinion Alexander the Great is the best closing song of any album. Truly an epic.

The song Paschendale from Dance of Death made me realise they still have the fire.

Last edited by ampere : 26th December 2014 at 19:58.
Old 26th December 2014, 21:50   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The best in realisation was Maiden.
This statement is absolutely true!

I think Maiden is one of the very few bands who have actually stuck to their roots unlike Metallica and Megadeth. Metallica long back converted to Hard Rock and Megadeth, well they just don't have the fire and agression anymore.

Its just sad that Maiden visited India multiple times and I hadn't discovered them till then. Hate myself for it. Want to see them live SO BADLY!
Old 26th December 2014, 23:34   #1011
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Its just sad that Maiden visited India multiple times and I hadn't discovered them till then. Hate myself for it. Want to see them live SO BADLY!
Was lucky to watch a few of the guys who visited. Maiden, Knopfler and Deep Purple. Maiden was the best. Could not believe they were all aging around 50 and still at the top of their game.
Old 27th December 2014, 09:51   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Iron Maiden's Christmas poster is interesting. Many journalists are claiming that this poster hints at a new album. It's high time anyway.

Last time, I blindly preordered the most expensive option, only to get an LP a few weeks later. I will be more careful this time. I won't order without reading the description.
Old 27th December 2014, 21:24   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Was lucky to watch a few of the guys who visited. Maiden, Knopfler and Deep Purple. Maiden was the best. Could not believe they were all aging around 50 and still at the top of their game.
I so envy you mate! Iron Maiden are amazing performers. Seeing them live is a treat to the senses! Now just hoping some new good acts will tour India soon!
Old 30th December 2014, 17:29   #1014

Just chiming in. British Death Metal legends Carcass will be playing at the 2-day metal festival BIG69 at Mumbai on 17th & 18th January. More on the lineup are British prog heavyweights SikTh, Italian tech-death masters Fleshgod Apocalypse & British rap-metal band Hacktavist. The Indian bands on the bill include Demonic Resurrection, Undying Inc, Kryptos, Zygnema, Albatross, Devoid, Inner Sanctum, Providence, Noiseware, Gutslit, Plague Throat & more. More information on http://big69.in. This is going to be one mad gig!

The Heavy Metal & Rock Thread-553312_751988884879075_8617936672549330842_n.jpg
Old 31st December 2014, 10:15   #1015
Senior - BHPian

Man that is going to be one mad concert \m/
Old 6th January 2015, 22:07   #1016
Senior - BHPian

I just happened to watch the video of a song called Take Back The Fear by the band Hail The Villain, on Nat Geo Music. I really liked the song. Check it out. I am sure that video is available on YouTube.
Old 6th January 2015, 23:07   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I just happened to watch the video of a song called Take Back The Fear by the band Hail The Villain, on Nat Geo Music. I really liked the song. Check it out. I am sure that video is available on YouTube.
This one?

Song appears to be good. Will listen couple of more times

I like such animated videos. My favorite is, Korn - Freak on the leash
Old 9th January 2015, 14:45   #1018
BHPian

Talking of metal and the likes - i stumbled on Bevar Sea a few months back and boy they are indeed interesting to listen to. I am not too much into metal excepting for old school ones. More of a rock, 60s - 70s era and more of blues.
Is there a blues thread at all ?
Old 20th January 2015, 10:06   #1019
BHPian

When I was in college I had a general awareness of genres in metal, etc. I was just listening to the GNR, Metallica, pink Floyd in those days.
After getting the job, I had more time to explore and slowly I was losing touch with my pals so it happened that I was digging things out myself – in isolation. So in about 2 years I got hooked to thrash metal. The German thrash was my favorite – Kreator, Sodom. And then music evolved in my head, I wanted a new taste, ear drums needed some pounding. Another 2 years down the line I was listening to melodic death metal – amon amarth, arch enemy, kalmah, opeth, cradle of filth,in flames. Some black metal and other variants as well – dimmu borgir, cob

And then I got married. In the months before marriage I was exploring radiohead and now i cant let go of it. Not a day goes by without listening to it.

How many of you have seen this reversal – going from thrash to death and then pacing down to existential soulful rock like radiohead ?
Old 21st January 2015, 22:34   #1020

Another interesting bit of news. The mighty Cannibal Corpse are playing in Bangalore on 11th April this year. This really does look good!

The Heavy Metal & Rock Thread-cf.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks