Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 18:34   #1051
OEM
BHPian

Guys need help

My two year labrador bitch is of champion bloodline and in heat now

Any body here with a Stud labrador that is 2 years plus?...and wants us to grow our family?

preferably chocolate or black. And around Nungumbakkam. pls contact me.

Thanks
Old 1st April 2010, 06:50   #1052
BHPian

Hey OEM, One of my friend has a 1.8 years male Lab (Fawn). But he is somewhere near Perambur. Let me know if you need his number.
Old 7th April 2010, 21:05   #1053
BHPian

: Since Summer heat is building up we as animal lovers on this thread could do a small initiative by placing tubs etc filled with water on our terrace and if possible outside also so that birds and stray animals can quench their thirst. I think some of us might already be doing such things.
Old 7th April 2010, 22:57   #1054
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
: Since Summer heat is building up we as animal lovers on this thread could do a small initiative by placing tubs etc filled with water on our terrace and if possible outside also so that birds and stray animals can quench their thirst. I think some of us might already be doing such things.
No, I'm not doing this. The birds will laugh on me. There is a lake near my house
Old 7th April 2010, 23:51   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEM View Post
My two year labrador bitch is of champion bloodline and in heat now

Any body here with a Stud labrador that is 2 years plus?...and wants us to grow our family?

preferably chocolate or black. And around Nungumbakkam. pls contact me.

Thanks
I would have been interested to mate my dog, but the problem is that I stay at Mumbai!

Last edited by prateekm : 7th April 2010 at 23:53.
Old 8th April 2010, 13:32   #1056
OEM
BHPian

Some answers to your queries...

- right time to separate the pup from it's mother?
3rd week after birth. But you will need to put the mother on weaning foods to stop the lactation.
- general tips
change the bedding and seperate the mother from the pups.
use organic cleaner where the mother and pups sleep. Else can induce rashes. use regular tap water to clean the feet and tap of the pups.
DO NOT clean the pups completely. They needs some warmth on their skin.
Use a wide brimmed vessel to feed the pups. Only liquid foods (atleast 3 times a day). And lots of fresh water.
Start with milk and after a couple of days add puppy food.
- dog or bitch (dogess as the terminology is now called)?
Hold up the pups and look underneath. Easy to figure out.

If i do land up getting one, i will ask you'll for more details.
If you don't, hang on. My baby's litter is due in June 1st week. She is a champion blood line and matted to a nother champion bloodline, both pure breeds.

As for the breed. They look like authentic lab retrievers. Except for one with the white mark on its forehead. That looks like it has a trace of boxer pedigree in her.

Either ways, one hell of a litter. CONGRATS TO YOUR FRIEND. They are worth hell a lot. At 6K each without papers. With papers more.
Old 8th April 2010, 13:41   #1057
OEM
BHPian

Tejas

last time I was in MUmbai, i could not help... perhaps this might

End of 3rd week after birth. But you will need to put the mother on weaning foods to stop the lactation.
- general tips
use organic cleaner where the mother and pups sleep. Else can induce rashes. use regular tap water to clean the feet and tap of the pups.
Use a wide brimmed vessel to feed the pups. Only liquid foods (atleast 3 times a day). And lots of fresh water.

If you don't, hang on. My baby's litter is due in June 1st week. She is a champion blood line and matted to a nother champion bloodline, both pure breeds.

As for the breed. They look like authentic lab retrievers. Just to make sure, , stand up one of the pups and look at the tail. If the tail is straight, these are lab retrievers. Except for one with wrinkle on its face. That looks like it has a trace of boxer pedigree in her.

Either ways, one hell of a litter. CONGRATS TO YOUR FRIEND. They are worth hell a lot. At 6K each without papers. With papers more.
Old 8th April 2010, 13:45   #1058
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

8 weeks minimum before separating the puppy from his/ her mum
the pup needs mothers milk to build antibodies, resistance to disease and its own general health. There is no substitute for mothers milk.
please allow the pup to get the full benefit of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEM View Post
Tejas

last time I was in MUmbai, i could not help... perhaps this might

End of 3rd week after birth. But you will need to put the mother on weaning foods to stop the lactation.
- general tips

As for the breed. They look like authentic lab retrievers. Just to make sure, , stand up one of the pups and look at the tail. If the tail is straight, these are lab retrievers. Except for one with wrinkle on its face. That looks like it has a trace of boxer pedigree in her.

a fine thing to do Vamsi
everyday I see poor dogs and bulls and cows suffering on the roadsides for lack of water.
It is a good thing to do,to place water available for these animals near the house.
in the old days, this was a common practice in our old houses in Madras and other places - one trough outside and another in the garden for birds and such like.
however in these evil days we live in, the chances are that some idiot will swipe the trough/ drum or bucket if one leaves it outside the house, hence it may be better to leave one which is missing a handle or otherwise broken, so that it manages to contain some water but deters any would be "lifters".

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post

Last edited by bblost : 8th April 2010 at 15:58. Reason: back 2 back post. Please use edit post if posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 8th April 2010, 15:17   #1059
OEM
BHPian

[quote=shankar.balan;1827345]8 weeks minimum before separating the puppy from his/ her mum
the pup needs mothers milk to build antibodies, resistance to disease and its own general health. There is no substitute for mothers milk.

Hold on Shankar

What I meant was you need to wean the pups from the mother. Meaning, you could (actually SHOULD) start give them pupping weaning foods. This is because, the bitch will revert to her pre-pregnancy eating habit quota. And she knows it is not enough for both of them.

Technically (and legal wise - for registration) you are right, 8 weeks is the time when you should bodily seperate the pups from the mother. There have been instance of the mother causing bodily harm when the pups have tried to suckle up after 48-50 days.

About your last point, no debate at all.

Tejas
One last bit. You vet will insist on the first round of vaccinations around the 45 days or thereafter. And then will be deworming schedule...

Ps. If any of the buyers are taking the pets out of mumbai, they will need a transfer certificate.

For ore info....http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/whelpingphotos6.htm

Last edited by OEM : 8th April 2010 at 15:18. Reason: Addition of information
Old 8th April 2010, 20:29   #1060
BANNED

Only the Puppy was one of mine...!
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc01403.jpg  

Old 8th April 2010, 23:00   #1061
Distinguished - BHPian

What an AWESOME Picture!!! Love it!!! You just feel like patting all their behinds. Have already sent it out to people I know :-)
Old 9th April 2010, 09:45   #1062
BHPian

Hi All,

if any one is intrested in Pug Female Pups please PM i will give details specially from Bangalore.
Old 9th April 2010, 09:47   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Hi All,

if any one is intrested in Pug Female Pups please PM i will give details specially from Bangalore.
Well, I am interested in a female pug but, it is for my male pug that I have. Looking for some one who is on the lookout for a male pug for mating.
Old 9th April 2010, 10:14   #1064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post

Only the Puppy was one of mine...!

Awesome picture my friend, see the lane discipline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Hi All,

Please let me know the details.
Old 9th April 2010, 11:49   #1065
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Awesome picture my friend, see the lane discipline.

And how about that tail discipline?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks