Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2010, 00:13   #1096
Senior - BHPian

^^ Thanks for sharing those pictures with us. You have two lovely dogs.
It's funny that you mentioned that the love of dogs runs in the family, now that I think about it, I think there is something to be said about it.

However, I would generalize it to being empathetic towards animals in general and of course, a special bond with dogs.
Old 23rd April 2010, 02:20   #1097
BHPian

@ enigma cute dogs, the puppy pics are adorable.
@Ranjan I cant even bear the thought of chaining the dogs and ill treating them is only secondary. That Lab is definitely ill treated. Someone might be loving that dog but am sure that person already knows how their lab is being treated.
One other thing which can be worked out here is get some animal activists to take the dog and any of you guys can adopt it from them again. Otherwise Alter_Ego and Ranjan already have a plan.

OT : Alter_Ego I just noticed an other alter.e.g.o handle and both posting one above the other and both joining TBHP in may 09, coincidence ??
Old 23rd April 2010, 08:56   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
@Ranjan I cant even bear the thought of chaining the dogs and ill treating them is only secondary. That Lab is definitely ill treated. Someone might be loving that dog but am sure that person already knows how their lab is being treated.
One other thing which can be worked out here is get some animal activists to take the dog and any of you guys can adopt it from them again. Otherwise Alter_Ego and Ranjan already have a plan.

OT : Alter_Ego I just noticed an other alter.e.g.o handle and both posting one above the other and both joining TBHP in may 09, coincidence ??
Hey prguru,
Yeah you are right.Ranjan is currently thinking about it.If the dog is really in a bad state then we would really consider giving it a better home.

Yeah even I noticed my clone.
No idea about who he is.But guess both are crazy about this handle

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd April 2010 at 20:19. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, thanks
Old 23rd April 2010, 18:33   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
^^ Thanks for sharing those pictures with us. You have two lovely dogs.
It's funny that you mentioned that the love of dogs runs in the family, now that I think about it, I think there is something to be said about it.

However, I would generalize it to being empathetic towards animals in general and of course, a special bond with dogs.
thanks for the kind words.
Yes i would generalize it that way to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
Thanks.
Yes he does love to get his snaps clicked.
Old 28th April 2010, 14:31   #1100
Senior - BHPian

Hey all. Need a 2-4 month old male lab for myself. Would appreciate if anyone can help me out with the same. Thanks.
Old 28th April 2010, 14:46   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
True, this thought never came in my mind.

Indeed terrible...
Okay, so what is the update? Did you manage to reason with the current owner or flick the lab?
Old 28th April 2010, 17:59   #1102
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
Okay, so what is the update? Did you manage to reason with the current owner or flick the lab?
I don't know man.. really confused. At one point of time I think of helping the lab, but on the other hand I think even the lab will be attached with the family and separating both would not be a good idea.

Even I have 2 dogs, and even if I really happen to treat them badly(which I will never do) I just can't bear the thought of missing them.

The owner is not that kinds who will understand, He is very arrogant. Moreover, They understand neither Hindi nor English, so I have a hard time. Every-time I have to speak to them, I have to take a translator with me.
Old 28th April 2010, 18:04   #1103
Distinguished - BHPian

The Lab will soon accept the new family - and it should be happier if treated better, like it should be. The trick in any transfer is to not allow the dog to meet the prev owners for atleast a year.
Old 28th April 2010, 18:09   #1104
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The Lab will soon accept the new family - and it should be happier if treated better, like it should be. The trick in any transfer is to not allow the dog to meet the prev owners for atleast a year.
They won't agree to give the dog if I talk to them. If they agreed there would be no issues at all.

They are using him as a guard dog. chained in the gate. Flicking the dog is a bit risky, what if the dog barks or other street dogs create a scene.

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 28th April 2010 at 18:11.
Old 28th April 2010, 19:26   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
They won't agree to give the dog if I talk to them. If they agreed there would be no issues at all.

They are using him as a guard dog. chained in the gate. Flicking the dog is a bit risky, what if the dog barks or other street dogs create a scene.
Ranjan,

At least post some pics of the dog.
Old 28th April 2010, 19:37   #1106
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

another way - try and contact CUPA/ SPCA and ask one of their representatives to visit that house and talk some sense into that miserable owner if thats possible at all. Perhaps such a representative can take along a CUPA Vet too and try to educate this foolish person.

Some of these chaps that I ve encountered here and elsewhere are like this - they are arrogant, have a bad attitude, are unreasonable and dont like to admit it when they are wrong. They have huge ego problems and they feel that admitting a mistake is going to make them look like lesser men in the eyes of their family and peers. How wrong they are!

I feel bad to see this situation with the poor dog being made to suffer but I think somehow the basic value systems imparted through the current education system as well as in their home environment are themselves of a low order and of a poor quality.

what to do? India is certainly not a very pet friendly country - we just arent quite evolved or caring enough in the larger majority.

And this is despite our ancient scriptures and teachings across all religions stating that we shouldnt harm animals and should have respect for our natural surroundings etc.

very sad scenario indeed.

Quote:

Old 28th April 2010, 19:51   #1107
BHPian

All bangalore pet owners, One important question.
Where in bangalore do you take your dogs out for walks and excercises.
I remember I used to take my dogs out in Canada in parks and open lawns though I had to clear their poop too but everyone used to bring their dogs to huge parks there and little kids used to play frisbee with their labs and GSDs.

But unfortunately whichever park I have visited in HSR layout, there is a strict board saying dogs not allowed.Where does the muncipality feel we are supposed to take our dogs to get some excercise and have some fun time??

Where do you all take your pets for some evening fun???
Old 28th April 2010, 19:54   #1108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Curious.. Where exactly this house is located?
Old 28th April 2010, 22:19   #1109
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Curious.. Where exactly this house is located?
Sorry I can not provide these kinds of details here. You never know who is reading it and can turn wrong for me.

@Shankar - I thought of Cupa, but I know for a fact they adopt dogs and if it is of a good breed they sell it without even seeing how good the buyer is.

@Alter_ego - I am vacating this house on 30th of this month, can't bear the owner anymore. Once I shift probably I can help you as the risk level would be low for me.
Old 28th April 2010, 22:43   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
@Alter_ego - I am vacating this house on 30th of this month, can't bear the owner anymore. Once I shift probably I can help you as the risk level would be low for me.
Hey thats great news.I was actually planning to get a lab pup this weekend.If you can really pull this off this weekend then I would love to take the buddy in to my home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
All bangalore pet owners, One important question.
Where in bangalore do you take your dogs out for walks and excercises.
I remember I used to take my dogs out in Canada in parks and open lawns though I had to clear their poop too but everyone used to bring their dogs to huge parks there and little kids used to play frisbee with their labs and GSDs.

But unfortunately whichever park I have visited in HSR layout, there is a strict board saying dogs not allowed.Where does the muncipality feel we are supposed to take our dogs to get some excercise and have some fun time??

Where do you all take your pets for some evening fun???
Meanwhile anyone cares to reply to this query of mine?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks