Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How much do you pay for your broadband? - per month...
upto Rs.300 21 1.55%
Rs.301 - 500 65 4.80%
Rs.501-700 162 11.96%
Rs.701-1,000 410 30.26%
Rs.1,001 - 2000 569 41.99%
Rs.2001 - 5000 84 6.20%
Rs.5001 - 10000 11 0.81%
Don't have broadband!! 33 2.44%
Voters: 1355. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2014, 19:56   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: How much do you pay for your broadband?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Any good plans for MTNL unlimited broadband under Rs. 1000? Right now I am using TriB999.
The 1 mbps plan that you are using is the best at its price!

Anything less than 1 mbps would mean issues with live streaming videos. I've been using this for the past 2-3 years and though their before/after sales service is pathetic (it took me a month to get it running when I shifted my house recently) its the best plan available for Delhiites so far.

Reliance offers the lowest prices but the actual bandwidth that you get is anybody's guess. Not to mention their equally pathetic after sales service. A friend from another forum had a really tough time trying to get his claim settled when Reliance charged him even when he'd gotten the connection disconnected, not sure if its still settled and its been more than 6 months.

I researched enough when I shifted my house to get a better 1 mbps (unlimited) connection but there isn't any available in the market. Sify & Reliance had one of the lowest prices but their user reviews were lower than MTNL's at mouthshut (imagine!).

I've also used Airtel and their after sales is simply incredible, on some days I didn't even had to wait till the next day when my broadband had issues, lightning fast repairs if you ask me. However, none of their plans offer unlimited usage and that's what stopped me from continuing with them, otherwise they are the best.

Bottomline: If you want unlimited 1mbps or above, nothing beats MTNL. By the way, their Triband 999 comes around 1100 bucks a month, any other connection ~1000 wouldn't really save much money so why bother?
Old 24th February 2014, 20:12   #407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post

Reliance offers the lowest prices but the actual bandwidth that you get is anybody's guess. Not to mention their equally pathetic after sales service. A friend from another forum had a really tough time trying to get his claim settled when Reliance charged him even when he'd gotten the connection disconnected, not sure if its still settled and its been more than 6 months.

I researched enough when I shifted my house to get a better 1 mbps (unlimited) connection but there isn't any available in the market. Sify & Reliance had one of the lowest prices but their user reviews were lower than MTNL's at mouthshut (imagine!).
I used MTnl for about 7-8 years, and have been using reliance for the past 2.
Trust me, they're both equal in the existence or otherwise of customer care. So there's no lesser devil here.

I have Reliance's 2mbps unlimited, at 699 bucks a month. Service is slightly patchy, but works 95% of the time. The biggest gripe is the second level of authentication in the browser. You may line up downloads and come back 20 hours later to see the network asking for authentication.
Speed, though, is consistent 2 Mbps.
Old 2nd March 2014, 20:34   #408

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan316 View Post
We pay Rs.650 p.m. Its Bsnl stuff called DIAS
Check these latest rates:

http://www.bsnlteleservices.com/2014...and-plans.html
Old 3rd March 2014, 17:31   #409
BHPian

Using Nextra from last 9 months. 1,000/- Unlimited. 10 MBPS till 30 GB then 512 KBPS. Services are provided over fiber. No complains till date.

http://www.nextraworld.com/

Last edited by sinharishi : 3rd March 2014 at 17:36. Reason: Adding URL
Old 3rd March 2014, 20:53   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Bottomline: If you want unlimited 1mbps or above, nothing beats MTNL. By the way, their Triband 999 comes around 1100 bucks a month, any other connection ~1000 wouldn't really save much money so why bother?
Agree!
MTNL is the only provider that seems to be providing *true* unlimited plans. All other providers sing the same FUP tune.
Old 3rd March 2014, 21:37   #411
BHPian

MTNL provides the best value for money package. Speeds are decent and very reliable. Atleast i have been lucky!
Old 27th March 2014, 13:05   #412
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Can anyone please tell me which Fiber Optix ISPs are there in Electronic City Phase 1 in Bangalore? The location is Doddathogur Lane.
I checked with ACT but they do not cover that Area.
Query with Spectranet(FOX) is still pending from their end.
Old 27th March 2014, 14:24   #413
Team-BHP Support

In my area its a duopoly between Airtel and BSNL. Fiber exists, but in neighboring sectors. Have contacted nextra and stuff, but they do not plan a roll out anytime soon.
So I keep paying 1899 for a silly 4mbps connection in todays day and age.
Old 28th March 2014, 17:36   #414
Senior - BHPian

After living with BSNL for close to 8 years, applied for ACT yesterday. I paid in advance for 6 months, and got 1 month free and installation charge waived off for 15Mbps plan. I work from home nowadays and a reliable internet connection is a must. The electrician came today and did a good job with cabling. My friends are happy with ACT. Hope to have a good experience.

I am using BSNL 950 plan (8GB, 4MBPS) plan. Will disconnect it after ACT is connected. The main issue with BSNL is the upload speed, 500 kbps. The download speed, 1.7 Mbps is manageable though the promised speed is 4Mbps. Then the connection down for a couple of days in a month due to cable work.
Old 28th March 2014, 18:08   #415
BHPian

I am with an airtel plan 8 meg at rs. 2299 pm + taxes = rs. 2600 (approx.) with a 80 gb limit. Addiction for speed. Helps with seamless downloading from web. The service has been good till now.
Old 28th March 2014, 19:09   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
After living with BSNL for close to 8 years, applied for ACT yesterday. I paid in advance for 6 months, and got 1 month free and installation charge waived off for 15Mbps plan. I work from home nowadays and a reliable internet connection is a must. The electrician came today and did a good job with cabling. My friends are happy with ACT. Hope to have a good experience.

I am using BSNL 950 plan (8GB, 4MBPS) plan. Will disconnect it after ACT is connected. The main issue with BSNL is the upload speed, 500 kbps. The download speed, 1.7 Mbps is manageable though the promised speed is 4Mbps. Then the connection down for a couple of days in a month due to cable work.
I too was using BSNL for more than 6yrs, then was tempted by the speed offered by ACT so switched to thier 25Mbps plan. 5-7 mnths the service was great, then started the problems:
1. Speed decreases considerably (I still wonder how speedtest.net shows 20+Mbps speed, when it is actually not)
2. Frequent connection losses, for the firt 6mnths they were prompt in fixing the issues, later on their SLA became 24hrs which is actually 3 days.
3. Ignorant and rude customer service.
4. Once I lost connectivity for 2 continuous (Thank God I had BSNL as backup), logged a complaint got an SMS with complaint number, when I called back to check status of the compliant, their system doesnt show up my compliant number at all!!!

Fed up and now with Airtel 8Mbps plan, so far so good. Touchwood!!

Please have a backup connection ready, just in case!!!
Old 29th March 2014, 10:44   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
I too was using BSNL for more than 6yrs, then was tempted by the speed offered by ACT so switched to thier 25Mbps plan. 5-7 mnths the service was great, then started the problems:
1. Speed decreases considerably (I still wonder how speedtest.net shows 20+Mbps speed, when it is actually not)
2. Frequent connection losses, for the firt 6mnths they were prompt in fixing the issues, later on their SLA became 24hrs which is actually 3 days.
3. Ignorant and rude customer service.
4. Once I lost connectivity for 2 continuous (Thank God I had BSNL as backup), logged a complaint got an SMS with complaint number, when I called back to check status of the compliant, their system doesnt show up my compliant number at all!!!

Fed up and now with Airtel 8Mbps plan, so far so good. Touchwood!!

Please have a backup connection ready, just in case!!!
Thanks for the feedback. I also have a reliance prepaid dongle as backup.

ACT started service in my apartment complex (1500 apartments) around a year back. So far the feedback from other residents has been good. I see that there are a lot of complaints regarding ACT on internet. Hoping for the best.
Old 29th March 2014, 11:15   #418
Senior - BHPian

2 MBPS, Unlimited upload download at 700 rupees per month. Get around 240 kb/s download speeds.
Old 29th March 2014, 11:25   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I also have a reliance prepaid dongle as backup.

ACT started service in my apartment complex (1500 apartments) around a year back. So far the feedback from other residents has been good. I see that there are a lot of complaints regarding ACT on internet. Hoping for the best.
There is a very reputed service provider called Beam Telecom in Hyderabad. Since 5-6 years, it became a pioneer in Hyderabad and enjoying its monopoly with excellent services, free upgrades to higher plans for existing customers and cheapest plans in India.

We used to have 10MBPS with 30 GB limit for Rs. 999. Now, eventually they have upgraded our plan to 15MBPS and 50GB limit for the same price.

After 50 GB, the speed will be 2 MBPS.

This beam telecom has coupled with ACT group and started operations in Bangalore & other cities. So, I guess the initial niggles will be there for sometime but I'm sure they will pick up very shortly.
Old 29th March 2014, 22:13   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
There is a very reputed service provider called Beam Telecom in Hyderabad. Since 5-6 years, it became a pioneer in Hyderabad and enjoying its monopoly with excellent services, free upgrades to higher plans for existing customers and cheapest plans in India.

We used to have 10MBPS with 30 GB limit for Rs. 999. Now, eventually they have upgraded our plan to 15MBPS and 50GB limit for the same price.

After 50 GB, the speed will be 2 MBPS.

This beam telecom has coupled with ACT group and started operations in Bangalore & other cities. So, I guess the initial niggles will be there for sometime but I'm sure they will pick up very shortly.
Thanks for the information. Started using ACT today, so far so good. I am getting around 20 Mbps though the promised speed is 15Mbps. Very satisfied with the speed and service so far. Initially, I was thinking that 50 GB data limit will be more than enough. Just downloaded close to 2GB in less than 8 minutes. Seems I will have to upgrade to higher data plan soon.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 29th March 2014 at 22:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks