Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How much do you pay for your broadband? - per month...
upto Rs.300 21 1.55%
Rs.301 - 500 65 4.80%
Rs.501-700 162 11.96%
Rs.701-1,000 410 30.26%
Rs.1,001 - 2000 569 41.99%
Rs.2001 - 5000 84 6.20%
Rs.5001 - 10000 11 0.81%
Don't have broadband!! 33 2.44%
Voters: 1355. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2013, 08:21   #361
BHPian

Re: How much do you pay for your broadband?

I still use the BSNL 512kbps plan. It has speeds upto 2mbps till 6GB, this costs about 900bucks per month. Expensive by ACT Broadband standards but the ease of using BSNL is simply too much. I like the Govt. run company. Yes, the speed surely hurts (mostly on Skype) and should be improved.
Old 20th November 2013, 09:34   #362
Senior - BHPian

Product:
I use SPECTRANET Fiber Broadband at home. The speeds committed are between 12 and 16 MBPS, with a FUP of 24 GB per month. Post FUP Speed is 4 MBPS.

Cost:
This is for 1100 per month.

Actual Performance:
I regularly measure (about once a week) the performance of the broadband and I typically get a Download speed of between 9 and 13 MBPS and Upload speed of between 4 and 5 MBPS.
The maximum speed I have hit is 15.5 MBPS Download and 8 MBPS Upload.

Additionally:
I pay an advance rental of 6 months which bumps up my FUP by another 25 GB, bringing the total to 49 GB per month.

Location - Indirapuram, Ghaziabad

Last edited by roy_libran : 20th November 2013 at 09:35.
Old 20th November 2013, 13:33   #363
Senior - BHPian

Anyone in Bangalore who have experience using either RailWire broadband or Metronet? I live behind the HAL old airport and finally, it seems these 2 providers have tied up with our area cable operator for broadband (music to my ears, having survived 5 years with Airtel 3G).

I'm keen to know about true speeds experienced, connectivity uptime and customer service responsiveness. Heard from a colleague that RailWire is good, but Metronet has an attractive FUP plan I'm interested in (10mbps with 100GB FUP for less than Rs 1500/month, 2mbps post FUP limit).

Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 13:46   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

My BSNL broadband in Pune has a listed speed of 4Mbps and used to cost me 900/- plus tax every month, which has now been hiked to 950/- I get speeds of close to 4 Mbps consistently except for a period in Sep-Oct where the speed went down to a tenth of that. complained about it and it seems to be back to normal. Very impressed since downtime is minimal and service response times unexpectedly quick.
Old 20th November 2013, 14:49   #365
Senior - BHPian

I used to have BSNL ADSL broadband of speeds promised upto 2 Mbps for Rs 850 for unlimited data.
The speed was never up to the mark (my house is far from the exchange and ADSL speeds are directly dependent on distance), and half of the days the line simply would not connect due to high attenuation and low SNR. Again, for long stretches, entire connectivity would be down due to some arbitrary digging going on in some arbitrary place.
switched to Siti cable broadband in the last month, 1 Mbps unlimited data for around 1100 per month. Good speeds as promised, minimal downtime till now, and fast resolution of issues by both my local cable operator and siti helpline. I am optimistic on this one.
Old 20th November 2013, 15:22   #366
BHPian

Paying 1899 for an Airtel 4 Mbps with 80 GB FYUP. Amazing speed, great plan. Using Airtel for the past 10 years, no hassles with great service. I am happy with a plan! Also, getting 700 minutes of calling free is a bonus!
Old 20th November 2013, 15:30   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Anyone in Bangalore who have experience using either RailWire broadband or Metronet? I live behind the HAL old airport and finally, it seems these 2 providers have tied up with our area cable operator for broadband (music to my ears, having survived 5 years with Airtel 3G).
I also live behind the HAL airport. Couple of months back ACT finally arrived - now I have 25 Mbps @1349 + ST. The service has been reliable so far, but I have not surrendered my BSNL broadband connection yet.
Old 20th November 2013, 15:31   #368
BHPian

Paying 1,110/- for 15Mbps with 30GB FUP on Beam Telecom, Hyderabad

Speeds are always consistent and exceeds 15Mbps. Any downtime is normally fixed within 24hours. I use my 3G from my phone during downtimes.
Old 20th November 2013, 15:56   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I also live behind the HAL airport. Couple of months back ACT finally arrived - now I have 25 Mbps @1349 + ST. The service has been reliable so far, but I have not surrendered my BSNL broadband connection yet.
That's interesting. I checked with ACT and they said they're not available here. My area is directly behind HAL airport, it's called Kempapura. Are you in the Yamalur vicinity?
Old 20th November 2013, 16:15   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone in Bangalore who have experience using either RailWire broadband
I was using railwire before I shifted to BSNL broadband as I needed a landline. Railwire is good, as long as it works. Since the customer care is only your local cable operator, if it were to go down in the night times, you are stranded. They do have a customer care number, but that works only normal business hours, Mon to Fri.
I stay right next to the ORR near Samsung, however dont have airtel connectivity in that area. If airtel is available, they are the best in terms of speed and service.
Old 20th November 2013, 17:19   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's interesting. I checked with ACT and they said they're not available here. My area is directly behind HAL airport, it's called Kempapura. Are you in the Yamalur vicinity?
Yeah. In RJ. Both cable and Internet are ACT now. If you PM me I'll give you the local guy's contact (he's got posters all over the place here).
Old 20th November 2013, 17:21   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Product:
I use SPECTRANET Fiber Broadband at home. The speeds committed are between 12 and 16 MBPS, with a FUP of 24 GB per month. Post FUP Speed is 4 MBPS.
Actual Performance:
I regularly measure (about once a week) the performance of the broadband and I typically get a Download speed of between 9 and 13 MBPS and Upload speed of between 4 and 5 MBPS.
The maximum speed I have hit is 15.5 MBPS Download and 8 MBPS Upload.
WoW. This is very good. I checked their website the price to speed ratio when compared to other operators are really good.
I like the 699 plan to try out first. I hope it is covered in my area.
Old 20th November 2013, 18:54   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Yeah. In RJ. Both cable and Internet are ACT now. If you PM me I'll give you the local guy's contact (he's got posters all over the place here).
Guys Me too in the same Area, Annasandra palaya. I lost BSNL connectivity from August onwards and BSNL was saying this will be rectified soon. Every time saying different reasona. And finaly the person told that it involves some under ground cable change and that need approval from BBMP. BBMP is asking for bribe from them and that is the reason for delay they are telling. Currently the date they telling is Dec first week. Wifey having Airtel 3G stick from office so using that for browsing purpose. I bought CICSO DSL Router+Model for the BSNL so not planing to change their service. If you are getting an update on this please PM me.
Old 20th November 2013, 18:59   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
My BSNL broadband in Pune has a listed speed of 4Mbps and used to cost me 900/- plus tax every month, which has now been hiked to 950/- I get speeds of close to 4 Mbps consistently except for a period in Sep-Oct where the speed went down to a tenth of that. complained about it and it seems to be back to normal. Very impressed since downtime is minimal and service response times unexpectedly quick.
What is the downloads/upload limit?
What are the speeds after hitting the limit.

I currently have Tikona with 2 mbps for 20GB, 512 kbps afterwards for ~700 (no phone).
However I see frequent disruptions in the service (not able to ping their servers) because of "roaming" issues with their rooftop devices ...

So BSNL looks interesting ...
Old 20th November 2013, 19:30   #375
BHPian

I pay 1200 for an on paper speed of 16 Mbps. I manage to get some where close to 10 Mbps on my Spectranet Ftth connection

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks