Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I have a 6 day routine now:
1. Chest
2. Biceps
3. Triceps
4. Back
5. Shoulders
6. Legs

The problem is I am able to make it to the gym only 4 days a week (+ 2days swimming) and hence if I follow the above cycle, there is a big gap b/w repetition of the same muscle group. What I want to do is to shift to a 4 day cycle and the easiest option I can think of is to remove the biceps and triceps days. In that case, along with which muscle group should I incorporate biceps and triceps exercises?

- Jag
you don't need dedicated days for biceps and triceps and i think you are missing forearms?
you can do the following based on complementing muscle groups.
chest + triceps
back + biceps
shoulders + forearms
thihgs and lower back

or this on opposing based on opposing muscle groups
chest + back
shoulders + forearms
biceps + triceps
thighs and lower back
Old 9th September 2009, 19:25   #2027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
you don't need dedicated days for biceps and triceps and i think you are missing forearms?
you can do the following based on complementing muscle groups.
chest + triceps
back + biceps
shoulders + forearms
thihgs and lower back

or this on opposing based on opposing muscle groups
chest + back
shoulders + forearms
biceps + triceps
thighs and lower back
Thanks Jathin. I would try the first option for a couple of months and then see how it goes. And you are right about the forearm and lower back part. Still trying to zero in on a proper routine for the lower back.
Old 9th September 2009, 21:18   #2028
Senior - BHPian

Or go for something like this:
Day 1 - Pushing - Chest, shoulder and triceps will be worked
Day 2 - Pulling - Shoulder, Back and biceps will be worked
Day 3 - Legs
Old 9th September 2009, 23:12   #2029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Thanks Jathin. I would try the first option for a couple of months and then see how it goes. And you are right about the forearm and lower back part. Still trying to zero in on a proper routine for the lower back.
remember the weakest link breaks first and wrist and lower back injuries are the worst things to happen. i suggest you fix this asap.
forearms - reverse and forward forearm curls
lower back - good mornings, hyperextensions and/or sldl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Or go for something like this:
Day 1 - Pushing - Chest, shoulder and triceps will be worked
Day 2 - Pulling - Shoulder, Back and biceps will be worked
Day 3 - Legs
thats a nice variation, but i am guessing too taxing. also haven't tried splitting shoulders across 2 days.
Old 17th September 2009, 14:50   #2030

Hi all,

I have been using Superpump 250 and Intrapro for over 2 months now. I got 2lb x 2 Intrapro (strawberry & double chocolate) for Rs. 2k each. Superpump 250 cost me Rs. 2650.

I found Superpump quite effective in building extended exercise sessions. Never really felt the rush n pump earlier. I could feel it throughout the day at work. /rocks

Intrapro strawberry flavor has been decent enough as far as taste is concerned. I started with 1 scoop per day & gradually moved to 2 scoops per day. It certainly is useful.

Recently I started with Intrapro Double chocolate box. And I am disappointed. I have noticed that mixing the scoop in water doesn't seem to do any good with it. If I keep it there untouched for 5 minutes or so, I could see a brown sticky material at the bottom. This was not the case with Strawberry box. So I am a bit skeptical whether this is alright or a fake distribution.

Has anyone faced such an issue with Intrapro or any other protein? Is it normal that the whey-water mix forms this sticky solution?

Please share.

Best Regards.
Old 20th September 2009, 22:07   #2031
BHPian

Slightly OT: Anyone know where i can get original isopure in south mumbai? pranav told me about a place in lokhandwala, might go there but prefer south mumbai since its closer. i was thinking, those sports shops at metro.

Is there a problem with fake supplements in India? or is everything original? If there is an issue, how to spot the original?
Old 21st September 2009, 11:04   #2032
Senior - BHPian

Buy the stuff from a reputed and trusted shop.thats all you can do.people sell old packages for as little as Rs.300 and are filled up with fake stuff.

Also another tip is that the price will generally be the same throughout india.Give or take a max of 200-300 Rs. Now if someone is giving you a super deal which is say a 1000 bucks cheaper its probably a fake.Something thats too good to be true generally isn't.
Old 21st September 2009, 17:47   #2033
BHPian

I've been seeing lots of AD in newspaper and on FM about endura supplements. Is anybody using them ?
Endura supplements
I just checked out their site and it was silly as nutritional facts about the products were not there on the site but only literature type info was available on the site.
Old 21st September 2009, 18:16   #2034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
I sure will give my best of the best to maintain.

I am just trying to reduce the belly fat now, any suggestion

Increase Cardio. Crunch a bit more and go onto lean foods. Ration each meal. It works.
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:19   #2035
BHPian

With regard to my previous post, I ended up buying from Champion sports at metro. They give you a bill and they are an authorized dealer for isopure. The tub had the date of import sticker and the imorter information. I havent started using it yet.

Another question, if I am lifting weights in the morning and swimming for about an hour in the evening. How much isopure do I need? I am basically doing a weight loss routine while trying to build muscle. One serving of isopure has 50g protein and 0g sugar and carbs. Weight loss is my priority here.
Old 22nd September 2009, 15:50   #2036

Hello All, I haven't had a chance to go through this string in some time now. I don't know if the question I'm about to ask has been answered before. Now here is the thing. I have been intermittently working out and I have seen my body respond beautifully to the kind of food and workout regimen I have followed in the past. When I started working out about 3 yrs ago, I never bothered to fill myself with the diet supplements that are available in the market today. I used to rely on the wholesome 3 meal plan and it worked beautifully. I'm 6 ft 4" and before I had to take the first long break (exams and things like that) I was about 88 Kilos with very good body definition. I used to look very strong but never looked beefy (bulked up). Over the period of time, I started smoking and still continue to do so now. For the past 4 months, I have gone back to the Gym (I joined Talwalkar's) and now I find myself not being able to lift the kind of weights that I was lifting before. I can understand that smoking plays a big role in your stamina. Funnily though, I also play lot of cricket and I never find myself going breathless or tired. I have seen some friends who were more dedicated to body building that I ever was and I know they smoke and while I fully know that body building is a continuous process, they somehow seem unaffected by it. They have nice built and I am very certain, none of them are on steroids either. My question is:

1) Am I doing something wrong now than I was doing before, other than having picked up the nasty habit of smoking?

2) My diet has always been a good mix of Proteins, fats and carbs- I have been very perticular of that. So nothing much has changed except that now I have jumped the bandwagon of diet supplement consumers. Currently taking BSN Pro-mass (not sure if I got that right, even though I know for sure its BSN- Big red Jar). While I can feel the pump it just doesn't feel the way it used to be before. What am I not doing right?

3) Motivation was never a problem for me and I have also set short term goals, so I know I'm not expecting too much too fast either. I'm open to try new methodology except going on steroids even if its short term. I know some who have taken that path to get that intial explosive path and I don't want to go that way.

To conclude, I think I have a fairly good idea of my body limitations and I know smoking is not helping. But I want to make sure if the body is reacting differently, I understand how to get the best out of it. Thoughts and suggestions are welcome !
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:35   #2037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
With regard to my previous post, I ended up buying from Champion sports at metro. They give you a bill and they are an authorized dealer for isopure. The tub had the date of import sticker and the imorter information. I havent started using it yet.

Another question, if I am lifting weights in the morning and swimming for about an hour in the evening. How much isopure do I need? I am basically doing a weight loss routine while trying to build muscle. One serving of isopure has 50g protein and 0g sugar and carbs. Weight loss is my priority here.
A correction first - 50g protein is 2 servings so one serving is 25g imo.
Bodybuilding.com - Nature's Best Zero Carb Isopure - Perfect Zero Carb! On sale now!

That entirely depends how much protein you are intaking from other food sources.
Usually its 1gm protein per lb of your body weight.
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:38   #2038
BHPian

@harry10, its 1 serving only, its written 2 scoops per serving.

And i think, spawnofsatan is taking 2 scoops in 1 serving as per box's recommendation.
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:02   #2039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno View Post
@harry10, its 1 serving only, its written 2 scoops per serving.

And i think, spawnofsatan is taking 2 scoops in 1 serving as per box's recommendation.
Sorry i was not clear.
I meant 2 scoops per serving. Many people think one serving means one scoop so was just clarifying that.
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:25   #2040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
Slightly OT: Anyone know where i can get original isopure in south mumbai? pranav told me about a place in lokhandwala, might go there but prefer south mumbai since its closer. i was thinking, those sports shops at metro.

Is there a problem with fake supplements in India? or is everything original? If there is an issue, how to spot the original?
@spawnofsatan : dude! you never mentioned anything about you working out when we meet, I would have guided you for the same.

The supplements place at lokhandwala pranav has mentioned is called Rikin's, very famous for supplements but they rip.

There is one more place close to my house called Pro-Fitness, which is cheaper to Rikins. Let me know if you coming this side of town, you can check the stuff & compare the price with the stores at your area.

cheers!
Eq.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks