Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 21:19   #2086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVictor View Post
Thanks godog. I will check V12 out. Intrapro gets more than a wee little sticky, which concerns me.
It shouldn't. Hit up a gaspari rep.
Or post a pic here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
So the problem has not been resolved yet?
Ofcourse it will keep you awake. Didn;t you read the label not to be taken i guess 6 hours atleast before bed time.

BTW i got myself Jack3d from mumbai. Will update hows it when i use it next month on.

Ja! Like I said, doesn't kick in like NOXplode. Whats the price you'll get jack3d at?
Old 15th October 2009, 22:05   #2087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post
It shouldn't. Hit up a gaspari rep.
Or post a pic here.

Ja! Like I said, doesn't kick in like NOXplode. Whats the price you'll get jack3d at?
Never tried No explode so no idea.
Jack3d costed me 2250.
Old 17th October 2009, 00:39   #2088
BHPian

Hi Guys,

A couple of points, so please bear with me :

-If anyone from Hyderabad is looking for supplements, please PM me.
We can get a bulk discount at Classic Chemists (Big Bazaar-Abids
and its 4 other branches). I checked the price of Iso Sensation 93
there and its around 250 bucks lesser than in Reliance Wellness.
He is ready to give a further discount on a bulk order (on all products,
not sure of the min. order though). I asked about them from the
Reliance Wellness guys and even they vouched for the authenticity
of this store. (Note: I am not an affiliate of Classic Chemists)

-Is there a cheaper and as good a whey protein isolate as
Iso Sensation 93 available? I checked Dymatize's Elite, but
the protein content per scoop is much lesser than that of Iso Sen
(the scoop size is almost similar). Iso Sensation is good but at
Rs. 4700 for a tub (70 scoops) which lasted me for just 35 days,
its expensive for me.

I thought of some alternatives and would appreciate your suggestions:

-Right now, I take a scoop of Iso Sensation twice a day:
one immediately after waking up in the morning and then,
after training in the evening. To make it last longer and
save some money, I can probably use it only for my weight
training days (I lift weights 3 days a week), if the protein intake
needn't be the same on off/cardio days? By not taking it on
non-weight trainings days, will it affect my 'performance' on my
weight training days? If it helps, I am a veggie but I eat eggs.

-Or use a WPC like Gaspari's Myofusion (or even the above
mentioned Dymatize's Elite) which is less expensive and seems to
be among the best WPCs available here and make up for the protein
difference with natural foods (eggs, bananas etc.)

Thanks!

Last edited by NK@Hyd : 17th October 2009 at 00:43.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:17   #2089
Senior - BHPian

Great thread

Hey fellas,
Sifted through the last 50 off pages of this thread. Awesome read.

Vikram, Godog, 1-Testo and many others you guys are a wealth of information. Do keep posting, it will help budding gym'mers like me.

Since there is a lot of talk about protein and its authenticity why dont we list down places and contacts of people from whom to source it? I will list down the places, atleast the ones I know in Bombay.

I have been using Dymatize Elite (Cafe Mocha) flavor and I am quite happy with its results, flavor and texture.

Neulife stores (Lokhandwala and Bandra)
Alfa (Is this place really reliable?)
Hypercity (Malad, this is where I get my Elite from, costs 3189 Rs).
Rekkin (Andheri)
Sports Shops around metro.

Hope this helps and people from other cities please compile a list from your respective cities. Mebbe we can create an excel sheet and upload it on T-BHP.

Cheers,
Hiren

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 23rd October 2009 at 11:20.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:56   #2090
Senior - BHPian

K11

I forgot to add in my previous post that I workout at K11 managed gyms. Has anyone heard of them? All the instructors are certified from this academy and the emphasis of their training has always been compound movements.

My goal is to shed fat and have managed to lose around 2.5 kgs in the past 2 months. I now weigh in at 86.5 kilos (the gym scale is off by 2 kilos so actually its 84.5 ). I managed this with a mix of cardio and fairly heavy weights. My aim is to reach 80 kilos. BTW, I am almost 5.11" tall. My eating habits are nothing to write home about but I am getting increasingly conscious of what I eat and when.

My protein is almost over and need to buy a new one. Not too fond of ON! will stick to Dymatize Elite unless someone can suggest a better protein. Am going to Metro tomorrow so will see what they have.

Someone in the previous pages bought a body composition monitor, I am also keen on buying it. Hypercity (malad) used to stock them but not anymore. Can anyone help me in sourcing this in Bombay?

Regards
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:38   #2091
BHPian

@H.M: Your eating habits is the key to your weight loss. Eating the right food at regular intervals rev's up the body BMR (basal metabolic rate) which helps body burn calories 24hrs a day even at rest.
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:11   #2092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha09mel View Post
@H.M: Your eating habits is the key to your weight loss. Eating the right food at regular intervals rev's up the body BMR (basal metabolic rate) which helps body burn calories 24hrs a day even at rest.
Of course that goes without saying but due to my hectic work schedule I am doing the best I can. But I make it a point to go to the gym for 5 days a week.

I want to get some protein now, any tips on which one to take? Also has anyone heard or tried Ultimate Nutritions Red Zone fat burner? Its mighty expensive, 2975 for 120 caps.
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:12   #2093
Senior - BHPian

@Nk - Let me try to ans ur query.
Iso Sensation 93 is good no doubt as i had use it myself. However after using myofusion i realised Iso is kinda expensive and you can get same results by using myofusion and saves you quiet a few bucks as well.
You can do away with the morning one. Best will be to take it after training only and myofusion you can take before sleeping for better results.
It is actually important you take protein on your off days as well. Just reduce the quantity.
I selected iso sensation and myofusion based on many reviews of self users on net and am not disappointed.

@ hiren - Alfa is reliable as i had got few products from them and its genuine.
Do not take ON. Stick with Dymatize Elite or if you want better check iso sensation 93 or myofusion as well.
Also do not waste money on fat burners. Trust me i had used them and they dont make any difference. Best is good and clean diet with good training.
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:43   #2094
BHPian

Going to the gym 5 times a week & not having a proper balanced diet won't yield results as desired. You will need to work around a way to keep your body metabolism rate high by adding small frequent meals every 3-4 hrs.
By small frequent meals I mean foods with highest thermogenic value which keeps the body in a continuous fat burning state.
Proteins are expensive meal replacements and should be restricted to only post workouts or in the absence of first class protein from food can't be taken.
I generally get my whey protein from a wholesaler at a lesser rate compared to the market (with free home delivery) even by ordering just one 5lbs jar.
Lemme know if you want his contact nos.
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:05   #2095
BHPian

Quote:
Iso Sensation 93 is good no doubt as i had use it myself. However after using myofusion i realised Iso is kinda expensive and you can get same results by using myofusion and saves you quiet a few bucks as well.
You can do away with the morning one. Best will be to take it after training only and myofusion you can take before sleeping for better results.
It is actually important you take protein on your off days as well. Just reduce the quantity.
I selected iso sensation and myofusion based on many reviews of self users on net and am not disappointed.
Thanks Harry! I was inclined towards Myofusion too. Will try to get it next week.
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:48   #2096
Senior - BHPian

Dietary Supplement

Hi Guys,

Since a lot of discussion is going on about protein supplements.

I would like to add

1) Supplements are not meal Replacement. A regular "INDIAN" diet with 2-4 eggs and 100-500gms of Chicken/Mutton/Fish is very good for putting on Muscle and maintaining it.

2) Protein Shakes - try 1/3 to 1/2 of the recommended dosages. i.e If 6 Scoops daily take in 2-3 scoops. This largely because of digestive issues.

Also mix the protein powder in water and eat immediately before the meal, to aid in digestion and absorption.

The Indian stomach cannot take too much of protein. and since we are used to a tropical diet, full of carbohydrates.

3) Cycle/Re-Cycle - Change your workout every 6-8 weeks and take supplements one month on, next month off. This helps the body recover and prevents overdose or stuffing/bloating and gives the digestive system a break.

4) The surest way to put on muscle is do the Big-Lifts and Body weight exercises.

For functional fitness and strength you can try the below workout.

i) Squats (Bar Bell/Dumb Bell BB/DB)
ii) Dead lifts (BB/DB)
iii) Standing Military Press (BB/DB)
iv) Incline bench press (BB/DB)
v) Pull ups/Chinups
vi) Dips
vii) Push-Ups
viii) V-Ups
ix) Janda Sit-Ups
x) Back Bridge/ Wrestlers bridge
xi) Shrugs (BB/DB)
xii) Bicep Curls (BB/DB)

Do 5 Sets each with not more than 10 Reps (Strict Form)

You can do this workout through out the week rest on Wednesdays and Sundays.

Regards,

Arka
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:32   #2097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@ hiren - Alfa is reliable as i had got few products from them and its genuine.
Do not take ON. Stick with Dymatize Elite or if you want better check iso sensation 93 or myofusion as well.
Also do not waste money on fat burners. Trust me i had used them and they dont make any difference. Best is good and clean diet with good training.
Thanks Harry, yes I agree ISO Sensation is expensive, just called up ultimate nutrition india today. A 5lbs tub will be around 4.5K.
I am keen to try myofusion, any ideas where I can get it?

I really like Dymatize Elite, especially their Cafe Mocha flavor. It tastes just like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha09mel View Post
Going to the gym 5 times a week & not having a proper balanced diet won't yield results as desired. You will need to work around a way to keep your body metabolism rate high by adding small frequent meals every 3-4 hrs.
By small frequent meals I mean foods with highest thermogenic value which keeps the body in a continuous fat burning state.
Proteins are expensive meal replacements and should be restricted to only post workouts or in the absence of first class protein from food can't be taken.
I generally get my whey protein from a wholesaler at a lesser rate compared to the market (with free home delivery) even by ordering just one 5lbs jar.
Lemme know if you want his contact nos.
I know abt the diet part and I am trying. But I leave home at 6:30 AM and am back at 8:15 PM, then straight to the gym. Off late I have started having a chicken salad with 3 egg whites, cucumber and tomatoes along with a little salad dressing for dinner.

And yes, I do have something to eat every 3 hours, my body has kinda got used to it.

Yes, I surely love to have his contact number. Kindly PM me please.

Cheers
Old 23rd October 2009, 18:11   #2098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post

I know abt the diet part and I am trying. But I leave home at 6:30 AM and am back at 8:15 PM, then straight to the gym. Off late I have started having a chicken salad with 3 egg whites, cucumber and tomatoes along with a little salad dressing for dinner.

And yes, I do have something to eat every 3 hours, my body has kinda got used to it.

Yes, I surely love to have his contact number. Kindly PM me please.

Cheers
I've pm'd you his nos, make sure you buy whey protein which is lactose free.
Old 23rd October 2009, 21:07   #2099
Senior - BHPian

@NK- Pleasure mate!
Let me know if you like the flavor and the results.
If you want best out of myofusion take it with milk and oats. I can bet you would not have tasted any better shake

@ex670c- Excellent suggestions sir!
However will like to add its better to do 3 sets with 12,10,8 variations of reps with an increase of weight with every set. Gives better results imo.

Also its best to take protein shakes not more than 2 scoops a day. A big guy like me also gets gas probs if it increases more than 2.

@hiren - i got iso sensation from alfa for 4200 in june so i guess should be less now.
No idea about myofusion in mumbai.
Like i mentioned earlier try myofusion- you will forget the taste of dymatize
Old 23rd October 2009, 21:32   #2100
Senior - BHPian

^ i'd like to go with harry10 on the taste of the myofusion.its simply the best tasting whey i have every tasted.infact one looks forward to drinking it everytime.

i just ordered the Iso sensation for 3800 and the myofusion for 2800.this is for 5 pound packs each.

A question for the gurus:What all extra supplements should one be taking during weight training like multivitamins,Omega3 fatty acids etc. and what all brands??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks