Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2013, 11:28   #3421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements

How bad is it to drink 0.5 ltr milk with banana before going to bed everyday? On harsh workout days I add 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder also.
Old 4th October 2013, 11:35   #3422
Team-BHP Support

I maintain a completely normal diet. I don't eat or drink anything other than what my family eats.
Old 4th October 2013, 13:03   #3423
BHPian

Is it good to have "SuperPump" 15 minutes before the workout? I take a scoop of it three days a week. It helps me a lot to maintain my energy levels throughout the one hour of workout. Unfortunately, due to my work schedule I can not eat as much as I should to have good energy levels. So this is kind of a short term "short-cut" way for me.

I want to know if there are any unwanted side-effects of such energy drinks?
I do only weight training and have a trainer so I do heavy weights.

Thanks in advance for your advice, Gurus!
Old 4th October 2013, 13:21   #3424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
How bad is it to drink 0.5 ltr milk with banana before going to bed everyday? On harsh workout days I add 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder also.
But wouldn't it be better if you have your milk & banana when you get up in the morning?
Old 4th October 2013, 13:49   #3425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
But wouldn't it be better if you have your milk & banana when you get up in the morning?
I'm gradually trying to build up on the protein intake and 0.5 ltr of milk is somehow manageable during the night across a period of 1-2 hours. I try and have milk in the morning but it bloats me up real bad for the rest of the day.

I can only take 200 ml in the morning so in order to make up for the loss I try and have it in the night instead.

My primary concern was whether having 0.5 ltr milk along with banana before hitting the sack can do any damage to the body because I'm a little skeptic of how the digestion is going to happen while I'm sleeping and that too of ~15-16g of protein.
Old 4th October 2013, 13:52   #3426
Team-BHP Support

After getting disappointed with all the pull-up station options, I have decided to get something like this done using MS pipe. It will be portable and height can be modified using different length pipes. My office plumber can source all the pipes and connectors I need.

Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements-pageareaframe-8212013-100002-pm.bmp.jpg
Old 4th October 2013, 16:11   #3427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Feels good to hear this but Amit, my intention is to increase my muscle mass and have an overall better built. Right now, within my 66kg frame, i have decent muscle curves. objective is to probably take to a 75kg frame with proportionate increase in muscle mass as well. Hope I am able to convey my point better
I wish we could exchange our weights , I am 175 CM an 74Kg have well defined muscles ( not too bulky) but trying to get lean mean body of 68KG which I was around 10 years ago
Old 4th October 2013, 16:14   #3428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
After getting disappointed with all the pull-up station options, I have decided to get something like this done using MS pipe. It will be portable and height can be modified using different length pipes. My office plumber can source all the pipes and connectors I need.
Samurai why not a squat rack ? In the gym I go to there is a squat rack I use it for squats but many people use it for pull ups after lowering the bar.

I find assisted pull-ups ( with counterweights of around 25% body weight) more fruitful for me.
Old 4th October 2013, 16:25   #3429
Team-BHP Support

I need something that is portable. As you can see from my location, I live in two places, spending equal time.
Old 4th October 2013, 16:32   #3430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Is it good to have "SuperPump" 15 minutes before the workout? I want to know if there are any unwanted side-effects of such energy drinks?
Pre-workout supplements of this type are love-hate products. If you didn't notice any side effects whatsoever until now, go ahead and continue using it. However, if you are gasping for breath even after you finish your workout or finding it difficult to relax for a long time after your gym session, you may want to reconsider its usage.

IMHO one can do just fine without a pre-workout supplement. You're better off eating a banana or peanut butter sandwich before you hit the gym. I'm sure no one wants to damage their liver or mess up their blood pressure just for a few extra reps.
Old 4th October 2013, 17:28   #3431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek.Martin View Post
IMHO one can do just fine without a pre-workout supplement. You're better off eating a banana or peanut butter sandwich before you hit the gym. I'm sure no one wants to damage their liver or mess up their blood pressure just for a few extra reps.
Thanks, Vivek.Martin for your inputs. Well the last line is making me worry a little now
However, I will use it till the one I bought is over and then see if I feel any different without it and take it from there.

By the way, your signature is awesome! Just loved it!
Old 4th October 2013, 17:40   #3432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Thanks, Vivek.Martin for your inputs. Well the last line is making me worry a little now
However, I will use it till the one I bought is over and then see if I feel any different without it and take it from there.

By the way, your signature is awesome! Just loved it!
Now that you're considering scrapping it, let me tell you that is a good decision. Irrespective of what big bodybuilders and trainers say, most of these products aren't 'proven beyond doubt' and you'd be better off going natural in the long run. After all, you need real energy don't you? Not energy that comes from swallowing something which is a supplement and not whole food. Good luck with your workout!

Thank you for the compliment on my signature
Old 4th October 2013, 18:01   #3433
Team-BHP Support

In the mid 90s when I used to spend 2 hours in the gym everyday, I still maintained normal diet. That way, if I was doing excess, my body would tell me. My goal was always fitness and never body building. Body builders may need supplements I guess.
Old 4th October 2013, 20:01   #3434
BHPian

Hey guys past 3-4 months had been way too casual with my fitness. Had quit the gym etc etc. Now I've started again and *this* time have totally eliminated alco***, sodas, juices etc etc. Protein supplements are being used to the minimum. Only to kill the deficit if required. Chicken breasts and eggs to the rescue. Have lost 2 kgs in just a week. Using Myofusion and the chocolate flavor is terrible. It's like way too much chocolate. Regret not sticking to O.N.

Now the concern, my punjabi religious mother will not allow any chicken/eggs for the next one week due to Navratras. Are there any high protein vegetarian alternates or would I have to live on supplements? Would love your suggestions. Thanks!

P.S : Samurai, would you not have access to that huge sports gym/complex opposite KMC? Marena, is it? not too sure what the name is.

Last edited by AbhishekB86 : 4th October 2013 at 20:06.
Old 4th October 2013, 20:06   #3435
BHPian

Thanks Vivek.Martin and Samurai!

Well I must say that it is my laziness that has resulted in to this "need" of energy supplements. Sad but true. But I am committed to change it now. Will follow a natural diet as much as possible and always keep something to eat handy so that I don't drop my energy levels throughout the day. My target for that is three months. Let's see.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks