Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2017, 12:15   #166
BANNED

Re: Reliance Jio and the FREE mania!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Have started using Jio for some voice calls, especially on the move between Delhi & Gurgaon. While an Airtel call drops every 2-3 minutes, Jio is a fantastic experience in terms of voice clarity and continuity. And about 8/10 calls connect on the first dial.
I am waiting for Jio to deliver my SIM. Got an sms yesterday. Hopefully, I will get two for both my phones. Yes, connectivity in the NCR region is a pain in the a$$, with NOIDA the worst. I guess Jio is still not stressed to the same degree. I hope they keep it up. Already consolidation in the telecom industry has started.
Old 3rd February 2017, 13:12   #167
Team-BHP Support

Jio is a breeze while on the move. I use it to stream music while travelling to and fro to Gurgaon and apart from one choke point that lasts about a minute, the network is perfect.

Indoors in Cybercity Gurgaon is a different story altogether. All networks struggle including Jio, Airtel, Voda and the likes.
Old 3rd February 2017, 13:56   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodude View Post
I personally feel that JIO will lose business and market share if they are adamant on a coupon code for porting. Because if a person wants to port his/her primary cell number to JIO, he/she will definitely use a 4G phone otherwise his/her number will be out of reach.
I had purchased a new Jio sim to test connectivity through coupon and then after i got satisfied, I wanted to port my number. They were asking coupon, i told them i have already used for another number, and somehow he ported my number after speaking to Jio manager in Jio service center, told him that a person porting a number will be a valuable customer for them, since other guys whom they are giving Sim through coupon will just throw away their sim and proceed after freebie ends. Hope Jio understands this.
Old 5th February 2017, 18:31   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
They were asking coupon, i told them i have already used for another number, and somehow he ported my number after speaking to Jio manager in Jio service center, told him that a person porting a number will be a valuable customer for them, since other guys whom they are giving Sim through coupon will just throw away their sim and proceed after freebie ends. Hope Jio understands this.
There was a Jio stall set up outside Reliance Fresh stores in Chennai giving out as many SIMs you want without any coupon codes.

I went there to get a second SIM as 1 GB per day was getting over quickly . I ended up taking 4 SIMs from the store.

They are not accepting port ins as of now as they claim there are issues with other operators releasing the number on MNP.
Old 6th February 2017, 11:20   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
They are not accepting port ins as of now as they claim there are issues with other operators releasing the number on MNP.
I did successfully port from Vodafone. Just need to make sure you don't have any outstanding bills. If operator creates problem, report it to Nodal agency.

These days i am facing problem that when making outgoing calls, my voice don't get audible to other party, while i can hear them. This seems to be common problem with many of my friends also facing same problem using Jio.
Old 6th February 2017, 11:48   #171
BANNED

Quote:
I did successfully port from Vodafone. Just need to make sure you don't have any outstanding bills. If operator creates problem, report it to Nodal agency.

These days i am facing problem that when making outgoing calls, my voice don't get audible to other party, while i can hear them. This seems to be common problem with many of my friends also facing same problem using Jio.
A friend ported two of his VIP numbers from other operators to Jio (they were both ending with mn000). He is resourceful enough to get the ports through.

I have got two Jio SIMs in both my phones (mine and my wife's) yesterday. They were pretty sloppy in supplying but that should be a local courier issue.

So far the experience is quite iffy. It took well over two hours to activate.

It seems that while I am able to call out using the Directory in Jio4G Voice, the same call often does not go through the same directory on my phonebook, even when I select the Jio SIM. Voice quality is superb, Even Jio->whatever, and even more so on Jio - Jio calls. Data is obviously lightening fast. Now I have to figure out how to use Jio on my Mac and Windows laptops for data connections. At least in times when the net is down this will be an excellent option. I expect the network to further stabilize quite fast.

As the continuously on 4G consumes quite a bit of juice I have ordered a power bank today.

Last edited by sgiitk : 6th February 2017 at 11:53.
Old 6th February 2017, 13:41   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
It seems that while I am able to call out using the Directory in Jio4G Voice, the same call often does not go through the same directory on my phonebook, even when I select the Jio SIM.
So you suggest that we download Jio4GVoice even for VOLTE phones and make calls using Jio4GVoice app ?
Old 6th February 2017, 19:25   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Just need to make sure you don't have any outstanding bills.
This seems to be common problem with many of my friends also facing same problem using Jio.
My existing connection is a prepaid . So no issues on that front.

Low voice quality - I have seen that its quite location dependent.

The other problem I face is that despite my phone showing VOLTE ON, the calls don't go through. I need to switch off VOLTE and and put it back to On and it works flawlessly. Quite a chore doing it often though.

Not sure its an issue with Jio or the phone Redmi Note 3 itself.
Old 7th February 2017, 13:25   #174
BANNED

Quote:
So you suggest that we download Jio4GVoice even for VOLTE phones and make calls using Jio4GVoice app ?
worth a try. If it works fine, else you can go back to the old way. I am told by friends that my native phonebook should work. In any case that is reflected in Jio4Voice and also updated if you make any changes. While my MotoX Style is a power hog, my wife's htc Desire 628 is not. In any case I have ordered a Sony powerbank for our use. Also, on the htc you can select different call tunes for the two SIMs, while the Moto does with only one.
Old 7th February 2017, 13:34   #175
BHPian

Guys, have a question.
Wifey got 2 JIO sims yesterday, but is not unable to activate it. In fact, the signal bars in the phone are not turning up. Any idea why?

She's using Redmi Note 3 (supports VolTE), and is planning to use JIO as her secondary SIM.
Old 7th February 2017, 14:14   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude View Post
Guys, have a question.
Wifey got 2 JIO sims yesterday, but is not unable to activate it. In fact, the signal bars in the phone are not turning up. Any idea why?

She's using Redmi Note 3 (supports VolTE), and is planning to use JIO as her secondary SIM.
Try using as Primary Sim, Some phones support VoLTE only for primary sim slot.
Old 7th February 2017, 14:33   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude View Post
Guys, have a question.

Please keep 4G data on on the SIM.
Preferred data selection should be set to LTE.

Also check if VoLTE service is enabled on your phone (if your phone supports VoLTE).

If phone doesn't support VoLTE, please installe Jio4GVoice app.
Old 8th February 2017, 15:01   #178
BHPian

thanks @shamanth and @DCEite

I put it as the primary SIM and it worked perfectly. No sweat!
Old 23rd February 2017, 14:16   #179
GTO
Team-BHP Support

In other news, Reliance Jio has crossed 100 million users. It's the first time any new entrant in a mature market has crossed 100 million...so soon!
Old 23rd February 2017, 14:43   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
In other news, Reliance Jio has crossed 100 million users. It's the first time any new entrant in a mature market has crossed 100 million...so soon!
I think the real test for them would be post the free mania wades off in April. How many of those 100M subscribers continue to remain active is anyone's guess at the moment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks