Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2017, 12:20   #196
BANNED

Re: Reliance Jio and the FREE mania!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debajyoti View Post
Vodafone Prepaid has an offer of unlimited local and std to any operator for 347 per month. This plan will be between 345-350 on different telecom circles. If recharging every month is a hassle, you can setup auto recharge in Paytm or Freecharge etc apps.
May I know your exact requirements like unlimited calls, unlimited sms, xGB of data etc?
Firstly, both my phones are postpaid.

My wife is on Youth 249 (billing about 400pm), while I am on NewYouth_449_Rev, (billing about 630pm), after having used Jio for a month on both I think I will like to have more data. Also, even though I have 4G SIMs in both phones, my wife has only recently upgraded to a 4G phone. So now I will like to have say 2-3GB data per month, on either phone, and 4G. So what do you suggest? I will like to stay Postpaid. As for usage, we also have a fixed phone so have a lot of flexibility here. Also, I have a 5Mbps broadband at home with I think a 20GBpm limit. I intend to keep this also.

Basically Jio has forced a rethink on the billing model. Now the amount of MB/GB consumed is becoming more important than the minutes of talk.

Last edited by sgiitk : 3rd March 2017 at 12:29.
Old 3rd March 2017, 14:36   #197
BHPian

Our mobile usage cost, both voice and data was tremendous till JIO came in. Now we can reduce our 1000+ rupees monthly cost (both me and wife) to a mere 400 rupees approx (JIO 149 plan x 2 and occasional recharge of other sim).

Had a broadband plan of 675 per month from BSNL. When JIO came in, BSNL released 499 plan, which also saved around 200 rupees a month for us since November.

Have enrolled for JIO prime .

Reliance Jio and the FREE mania!-capture.jpg
Old 3rd March 2017, 14:48   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
So what do you suggest? I will like to stay Postpaid...
Option 1. How about Vodafone Red 499 and 699? Unlimited calls, additional data for 4G. Source

Option 2. Convert both Vodafone connections to the minimum postpaid plans available and use 303 Jio prime plans as secondary connection. But I would suggest keeping away from Jio postpaid.

Option 3. Send MNP request sms from both the Vodafones you have, you will receive a call from Vodafone asking why you want to leave, just tell them you are porting to Jio as their plans are better. Vodafone will most probably provide you a better customized postpaid plan. We have 3 Tatasky+ HD PVR in our house and we subscribe to annual packs, one connection was not used for sometimes, Tatasky gave me annual mega pack worth 6160 for just 1900.

Reliance Jio and the FREE mania!-red-499.jpg
Reliance Jio and the FREE mania!-red-699.jpg
Old 3rd March 2017, 14:55   #199
BHPian

I got a JIO sim yesterday from Reliance Trends. Was told the sim would be activated in 2hours since i gave my aadhar details but its been 24 hours and the sim is not active. Should i visit a JIO center or just wait for more time?

Edit: False alarm. Changed JIO from sim 2 to sim 1 on my OP3T. Now i see it working. Will check out VoLTE

Edit 2: Speed seems to be very bad. In the region of 1-2MBPS inside the house and about 5-6MBPS outside. This is significantly less than airtel that gets about 9-10 MBPS consistently

Last edited by naveenvenkatesh : 3rd March 2017 at 15:16.
Old 3rd March 2017, 15:10   #200
BHPian

Are Jio post-paid plan (ex: 303/month) incl of taxes or do we need to pay service tax on top of the monthly amount? How about pre-paid plan?

Quote:
But I would suggest keeping away from Jio postpaid.
Please explain the issue, I am thinking of taking a Jio post-paid plan.
Old 16th March 2017, 17:04   #201
Senior - BHPian

Here's the latest information.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/telecom/feat...stpaid-1666553

I am still confused on whether to ditch Jio and switch to Airtel pre-paid. After all, Airtel had cheated me for a few months last year, but their call quality and 4G signals are far better than Jio.

But sticking to Jio for 4 g at Rs 149 a month, and my airtel sim for managing calls in my dual sim might be the most economical option. Currently I am using this option. But as my phone is not VOLTE enabled, using the Jio4GVoice app is cumbersome.
Old 17th March 2017, 09:55   #202
BANNED

At the end of the day Jio has triggered a war both price and services. All providers are likely to converge to similar plans, and then the choice will be more as to who matches your needs more closely.
Old 20th March 2017, 14:00   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At the end of the day Jio has triggered a war both price and services. All providers are likely to converge to similar plans, and then the choice will be more as to who matches your needs more closely.
What a timely comment!

BSNL has decided to take the bull by its horns. Here's how:
Attached Thumbnails
Reliance Jio and the FREE mania!-img_20170320_135546.jpg  

Old 20th March 2017, 16:03   #204
BANNED

I havre signed on for a Voda 499 and 699 packages. I have signed off my Jio from my unit, opting for the 699. My wife's phone will carry the 499 plan.

At the end of the day all will converge to similar options, differentiated by what fits you better.
Old 22nd March 2017, 13:07   #205
BHPian

Has anybody used Jio TV on their ipad? I downloaded the app and its playing all channels except Star channels. Did some digging around and found that Jio needs Hotstar app to run all Star channels. I believe its only from the latest version. Earlier, you could play all Star channels from the Jio app.

There are some older apks floating around but no workaround for iPad. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 22nd March 2017, 14:43   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Please explain the issue, I am thinking of taking a Jio post-paid plan.
Jio is a new entrant, we don't know how their customer care will be or how transparent they will be with postpaid billing. Plans are same in both post and prepaid thus prepaid is the safer option. Just my personal opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
But as my phone is not VOLTE enabled, using the Jio4GVoice app is cumbersome.
Without VoLTE, calling will be too much cumbersome and unreliable. Nowadays all operators are offering unlimited calling plans, it would be better to go with your current operator's plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
BSNL has decided to take the bull by its horns. Here's how:
Here's the catch, this offer can be availed till 13th June 2017 but the Jio offer is till 31st March 2018 (unless they change that halfway)

Quote:
I havre signed on for a Voda 499 and 699 packages. I have signed off my Jio from my unit, opting for the 699. My wife's phone will carry the 499 plan.
Some websites are reporting Vodafone is providing 8GB/month additional data for next 3 months to Red users through MyVodafone app under the Vodafone Delights option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
There are some older apks floating around but no workaround for iPad. Does anyone have any ideas?
Uninstall the current Jio TV app, connect your iPad to iTunes, drag and drop the older version .ipa file, don't update.
Old 22nd March 2017, 15:05   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here's the catch, this offer can be availed till 13th June 2017 but the Jio offer is till 31st March 2018 (unless they change that halfway)
Aren't all new plans supposed to be valid for atleast six months from the date of first availability?

Even if they are not, if signal strength/connectivity is not an issue, opting for BSNL makes sense-no underhanded tactics, false promises or exaggerated claims. Of course, there is the small matter of BSNL providing only 3G service.

Airtel's ₹349 offer too is mouth watering. Unlimited calls and 28GB data applicable for 28 days.

Thank you JIO for democratising Data .
Old 22nd March 2017, 15:58   #208
BHPian

Quote:

Uninstall the current Jio TV app, connect your iPad to iTunes, drag and drop the older version .ipa file, don't update.
Do you know where i can find the .ipa file? I could only find the apk file
Old 22nd March 2017, 16:19   #209
Senior - BHPian

Jio is having an effect across telecom offerings. I was subscribed to two airtel broadband connections offering 40GB @ 8 mbps for Rs1299 per month. Yesterday got the plans changed to 30GB @ 8mbps for Rs 599 per month.

In lieu of the savings made here, I purchased the Jiofi device and enrolled for Jio prime. I plan to keep this device in the car dashboard and use it exclusively to access internet in the car. My most frequented route is NH1 and the Jio signal has been just magnificent on this route whenever used.
Old 23rd March 2017, 09:46   #210
BANNED

I had Jio on both my phones - htc Desire and MotoX. None is Volte. Jio is a true battery hog. I was getting barely 10-11 hours in the MotoX. Having removed Jio and its software now I am running both on 4G on Vodafone. Getting about 24 hours on the Moto, even more on the htc. I di not see why. Maybe the Jio was disconnecting and reconnecting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks