Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2020, 21:30   #2686
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Folks getting tested or have got tested already - is it because you are experiencing some or all of the symptoms or is it more of a precautionary step to figure out if you are symptomatic?

If the latter, what's the benefit? assuming your test comes out negative, wouldn't you still have the same risk of getting infected going forward ?
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 21:42   #2687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Folks getting tested or have got tested already - is it because you are experiencing some or all of the symptoms or is it more of a precautionary step to figure out if you are symptomatic?

If the latter, what's the benefit? assuming your test comes out negative, wouldn't you still have the same risk of getting infected going forward ?
I don't think you can get tested without a prescription from a Doctor (And you should not in anyway ideally ). So if the doctor feels you should get tested with whatever symptoms you may have, then that should suffice. Else enjoy the social distancing and WFH period
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 23:19   #2688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
I don't think you can get tested without a prescription from a Doctor (And you should not in anyway ideally ). So if the doctor feels you should get tested with whatever symptoms you may have, then that should suffice. Else enjoy the social distancing and WFH period
Correct. My brother needs to be tested and Doctor will be writing a prescription for the test and reason why it is being recommended.
Also the lab has given us one form that the doctor needs to fill as well.
In Mumbai, getting the test done is a trival task as many labs have been restricted from doing tests. Until last week, metropolis lab literally 5 min walk from my home was doing the tests but now they have been banned for a month. Now I may have to travel about 10 plus kms for the test and that too only after taking appointment.

Last edited by raksrules : 22nd June 2020 at 23:20.
Old 22nd June 2020, 23:30   #2689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Correct. My brother needs to be tested and Doctor will be writing a prescription for the test and reason why it is being recommended.
Also the lab has given us one form that the doctor needs to fill as well.
In Mumbai, getting the test done is a trival task as many labs have been restricted from doing tests. Until last week, metropolis lab literally 5 min walk from my home was doing the tests but now they have been banned for a month. Now I may have to travel about 10 plus kms for the test and that too only after taking appointment.
As per some news some time back, Thyrocare was indulged in malpractice of giving false reports (+ve for Covid19) and redirecting patients to some specific hospitals. Hence they were then banned from doing any test for a while. Not sure what the current status is for the same.

Nonetheless, this abuse of the ongoing situation and the fear that the public has in mind is not unexpected. This is India of-course
sunilch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 07:29   #2690
BHPian

Thank god. It seems that entire media is not asleep.

https://the-ken.com/bfo/61/
Sree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 07:35   #2691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
As per some news some time back, Thyrocare was indulged in malpractice of giving false reports (+ve for Covid19) and redirecting patients to some specific hospitals. Hence they were then banned from doing any test for a while. Not sure what the current status is for the same.

Nonetheless, this abuse of the ongoing situation and the fear that the public has in mind is not unexpected. This is India of-course

Yes that is the reason inspite of having thyro care near my home we aren't opting for that. Metropolis has been banned for a month due to some other issue. And that was done just sometime back so we cannot wait now.
We may for SRL Diagnostics which is also authorized lab for covid testing.
Old 23rd June 2020, 08:23   #2692
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

One of my friend got tested and results were negative. She had a bit of bad throat and was feeling weak generally. Went to a GP and got referred for test.

Its more of precaution, and also to be sure that she is not infected and is not a carrier to infect others in the family.
Old 23rd June 2020, 09:38   #2693
Senior - BHPian

Looks like cases are rising. Unlock has been bad. Since community spread is prevalent, not sure if some kind of lockdown is needed. Just distancing without lockdown doesn't seem to work especially in hotels where I don't see any distancing. There are no intensivists, ICUs left and even police are catching the virus.
Old 23rd June 2020, 13:56   #2694
Senior - BHPian

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.econo...w/76526659.cms

Just saw this. Looks promising but the real facts can only be revealed when few patients will take it.

Also the update I got on WhatsApp-
Here are the live updates from the Coronil launch event.

We will also launch an e-commerce app for the delivery within 2 hours, says Acharya Balkrishna.

We have used minerals with herbs to make this medicine even more effective, says Acharya Balkrishna.

The corona kit can also be taken as a prevention for coronavirus, says Acharya Balkrishna.

The Corona kit will be made available at just*₹545, says Acharya Balkrishna. The corona kit is for 30 days.

We are testing the medications on mice and rats, says Patanjali.

This medicine kit is not available anywhere for now, will be made available at Patanjali stores in a week, says Baba Ramdev.

We started working on Corona medicines from December 2019, says Patanjali.

We've prepared the first Ayurvedic-clinically controlled, research, evidence and trial based medicine for COVID19. We conducted a clinical case study&clinical controlled trial, and found 69% patients recovered in 3 days & 100% patients recovered in 7 days, says Baba Ramdev.

We will even conduct tests on people on ventilators, says Baba Ramdev.

This is not an immunity booster but a cure, says Baba Ramdev

An app will be launched for the delivery of the Corona kit, says Baba Ramdev

0% death rate and 100% recovery rate has been observed, says Baba Ramdev.

69% of the people recovered within 6 days. 100% of the people recovered within 100%, says Baba Ramdev.

We have done every research and will answer all questions, says Baba Ramdev.

Patanjali has claimed that the controlled clinical trials was jointly conducted by Patanjali Research Institute, Haridwar and National Institute of Medical Sciences, Jaipur.

We appointed a team of scientists after COVID-19 outbreak. Firstly, the simulation was done and compounds were identified which can fight the virus and stop its spread in the body. Then, we conducted a clinical case study on hundreds of positive patients and we have got 100 per cent favourable results, Balkrishna said.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 14:38   #2695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.econo...w/76526659.cms

Just saw this. Looks promising but the real facts can only be revealed when few patients will take it.

Although real effects of Ayurveda are debatable, here's my 2 cents:

1. Patanjali have not revealed(or I haven't read) the real testing conditions, whether the patients were having no/mild/severe symptoms.

NO/Mild symptomatic patients are anyway getting cured by themselves, so only if severe patients got cured, the feat would be considered impressive.

2. Diet/exercise(read Yog(a)), of subject patients. Yog/pranayam has multiple proven benefits already and if the patients were following it along with medicine should also be considered.

I myself have cured myself of chronic neck/shoulder pain only by practicing Yog, so I am impressed by it's effects.

3. About patients being ready to try the medicine, considering how panicky situation is right now for corona infection, I bet people will try anything which gives a ray of hope.

Add to it the said no-side effect theory of Ayurvedic medicines(liver patients beware), I am betting on it to be a hit.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd June 2020 at 15:25. Reason: Please do not quote full-length posts when responding. It hampers mobile user experience.
amods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 14:38   #2696
Distinguished - BHPian

^^If this medicine can do what it claims, then Patanjali, India and Ayurved; all three will be the darlings of the world. Just imagine the growth of Patanjali and of ayurved in terms of reliability and business. Really wish that a cure code for this disease is cracked.

Last edited by saket77 : 23rd June 2020 at 14:54.
Old 23rd June 2020, 15:21   #2697
BHPian

Corona virus trends in India and USA:

USA:

Daily new cases have been steady. This is despite massive increase in testing.
The Coronavirus Thread-usa_dailycases.jpg

Daily deaths have been trending down fast .
The Coronavirus Thread-usa_daily_deaths.jpg
India:

Daily new cases has been increasing since May 1st week.
The Coronavirus Thread-india_dailycases.jpg

Daily new deaths are plateaued at around 350-400 per day. (One spike is of the previously unreported deaths got reconciled in MH)

The Coronavirus Thread-india_daily_deaths.jpg

Conclusions:
1. Treatments or management of symptoms or whatever seem to be working for the infected.
2. Virus is highly contagious, but not deadly. There is high probability that you will catch the virus, but you will recover completely .

Overall, I feel optimistic that we can overcome this pandemic sooner than later.

If we let go of the fear....
DigitalOne is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 15:24   #2698
Senior - BHPian

How would you administer Ayurvedic medicine to a person on Ventillator and in critical condition? Cant do it intravenously. So the patient still has to swallow the medicine ?

What is daily 'New' deaths above ?

Last edited by srishiva : 23rd June 2020 at 15:26.
Old 23rd June 2020, 16:13   #2699
BHPian

There has been much literature on "faith and hope" as being medicinal! Wonder if the Patanjali subjects might have had healings on that account?

As long as it works and causes no harm, why not. If food can be thy medicine; medicine could also be 'THE medicine'!

On the subject of Ayurveda - Many people are suspicious mainly due to lack of competent doctors that we have almost never come across. I have only heard anecdotes of that "great ayurveda doctor" that could tell you your problems just by feeling of the pulse. Have never met any in person. They seem like phantoms.

No wonder then people are skeptical. It comes across as one of those fields that may have more charlatans than maestros!
Miyata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 18:41   #2700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amods View Post
Although real effects of Ayurveda are debatable, here's my 2 cents:

1. Patanjali have not revealed(or I haven't read) the real testing conditions, whether the patients were having no/mild/severe symptoms.

NO/Mild symptomatic patients are anyway getting cured by themselves, so only if severe patients got cured, the feat would be considered impressive.

2. Diet/exercise(read Yog(a)), of subject patients. Yog/pranayam has multiple proven benefits already and if the patients were following it along with medicine should also be considered.

I myself have cured myself of chronic neck/shoulder pain only by practicing Yog, so I am impressed by it's effects.

3. About patients being ready to try the medicine, considering how panicky situation is right now for corona infection, I bet people will try anything which gives a ray of hope.

Add to it the said no-side effect theory of Ayurvedic medicines(liver patients beware), I am betting on it to be a hit.
I watched the launch event and they did mention that it was tested on mild to moderate cases only and not critical patients. Although he did mention that trials on critical patients are ongoing (not sure till when).

Regarding the Liver effects of Ayurvedic medicines, i would suggest anyone trying hands on Ayurveda to first get hands on raw herb (without any additives) - for example Organic India's Ashwagandha, Organic India/Himalaya Tulsi (or real Tulsi leaves if you have a plant) and Himalaya Guduchi (giloy) tablets (or real Giloy stem if you have them accessible). That way you will be consuming something which is as close to its natural state and not processed in some plant with questionable purity/heavy metal adulteration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post

Conclusions:
1. Treatments or management of symptoms or whatever seem to be working for the infected.
2. Virus is highly contagious, but not deadly. There is high probability that you will catch the virus, but you will recover completely .

Overall, I feel optimistic that we can overcome this pandemic sooner than later.

If we let go of the fear....
I have another possible conclusion:

Is the Virus getting mutated to a less lethal variation ? I remember Delhi CM mentioning something on similar lines couple of days back that very less patients are now on ventilator in Delhi.

I am not a Doctor, perhaps someone from medical background could enlighten if the Virus is indeed weakening (no WHO references for/against please).

Last edited by DCEite : 23rd June 2020 at 18:44.
DCEite is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks