Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2017, 00:11   #5536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
If you want Kayani Bakery Pune's Shrewsbury Biscuits or Pachranga Pickle direct from the original makers in Haryana, they're your go to portal.
been using this site for some time now. Noticed they charge about 10-18% above the normal price and sometimes above the mrp too. Some sellers do not have a mrp on their products but the pickle etc did have it. They are definitely improving in the way they package the nankatais, papdis etc now than a year back!
Old 12th September 2017, 01:44   #5537
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

My aunt who's living in Rajkot (GJ) has fractured her shoulder (thanks to the public traffic sense there) & mum wants lunch to be delivered to her on a regular basis.

Mum used to use FoodPanda to send Ice Cream, Pizza etc. on occasions, but FoodPanda doesn't have regular food restaurants listed.

I found a website called rajkotian that is a local restaurant aggregator, but they don't have an online payment option (it's only COD viz not preferred as it takes away from the "effect").

Any clue what I can try ? Need a stable alternative for regular use.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. : Btw, mum's preferred hotel is "The Thakar" who serve a rather famous thali. Present plan is to call the place & ask if I can pay by PayTm.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 12th September 2017 at 01:47.
Old 12th September 2017, 06:26   #5538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Present plan is to call the place & ask if I can pay by PayTm.
Don't forget IMPS instant payment either. It truly is instant and possibly more 'palatable' as it directly credits the destination bank account instead of an intermediate account like Paytm.
Old 12th September 2017, 07:33   #5539
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Any clue what I can try ? Need a stable alternative for regular use.
You know Rajkot and you also know how things work here - Talk to the restaurant owner, explain the situation and like itwasntme says, see if you can make them agree for PayTM or IMPS - Notifications are instant.

Or else, let me know and I can make my folks there talk to the restaurant owners, after all, its the famous Thakar restaurant and its little I can do from here thinking about the spread and good cause .
Old 12th September 2017, 19:28   #5540
Senior - BHPian

Horrible packaging from amazon.

Ordered for 2 LED bulbs from amazon ( Cloudtail ) and received this enclosed inside a loose plastic covering - no bubble wrap and the packet torn on one side. When I received it from the delivery guy , the bulbs had come out of the cardboard packet and I could feel them through the plastic covering. It's a wonder the bulbs didn't break ! The bulbs look used , but they do work.

The Online Shopping Thread-bulb.jpg

Last edited by sdp1975 : 12th September 2017 at 19:42.
Old 12th September 2017, 20:59   #5541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Don't forget IMPS instant payment either. It truly is instant and possibly more 'palatable' as it directly credits the destination bank account instead of an intermediate account like Paytm.
Yes, they preferred IMPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
You know Rajkot and you also know how things work here - Talk to the restaurant owner, explain the situation and like itwasntme says, see if you can make them agree for PayTM or IMPS - Notifications are instant.

Or else, let me know and I can make my folks there talk to the restaurant owners, after all, its the famous Thakar restaurant and its little I can do from here thinking about the spread and good cause .
Thanks Parag bhai, very kind of you!
Spoke with them & things worked out nicely!

Thanks again!
Old 13th September 2017, 06:41   #5542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
been using this site for some time now. Noticed they charge about 10-18% above the normal price and sometimes above the mrp too. Some sellers do not have a mrp on their products but the pickle etc did have it. They are definitely improving in the way they package the nankatais, papdis etc now than a year back!
They do have additional distribution and other costs and need to make a profitl

In any case the premium that is paid is far less than it would cost me to get a train or air ticket to go to the actual shop and buy from there. Well worth it.
Old 13th September 2017, 09:21   #5543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Horrible packaging from amazon. The bulbs look used , but they do work.
Did you ask for a replacement/refund? Was the order Amazon fulfilled? Is the seller cloudtail?
Old 13th September 2017, 09:40   #5544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Did you ask for a replacement/refund? Was the order Amazon fulfilled? Is the seller cloudtail?
I didn't ask for a replacement/refund. The seller was Cloudtail and it was fulfilled by amazon. Got the pair for 499/- . The bulbs were in working condition and they have a 2 yr warranty. I can't be sure if they were used or not , but I do see some spot marks on the bulb.

Here's the item : https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by sdp1975 : 13th September 2017 at 09:53.
Old 14th September 2017, 15:14   #5545
BHPian

Should one be concerned about the validity of manufacturer warranty on Dell/Lenovo etc Laptops sold on Amazon/Flipkart? Especially on Amazon, 'Manufacturer warranty of one year from date of purchase" is mentioned under many of the laptops. Despite this, does anybody know if there could be an issue with the manufacturer honoring the warranty, especially if bought as part of their Great Indian/Big billion sales on double digit discounts?

Manufacturer warranty had become an issue a couple of years back, not sure what the situation is now. I spoke to a cutomer care rep at Dell who mentioned that if the particular item is from an older batch, then warranty could be an issue if the online retailer does not update the product details with the manufacturer while selling it, to ensure warranty for the customer from the date of purchase.

Last edited by hothatchaway : 14th September 2017 at 15:16.
Old 14th September 2017, 16:25   #5546
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
....I spoke to a cutomer care rep at Dell who mentioned that if the particular item is from an older batch, then warranty could be an issue if the online retailer does not update the product details with the manufacturer while selling it, to ensure warranty for the customer from the date of purchase.
I faced something similar during a recent Macbook purchase.

Warranty check showed a start date two months old (presumably when the re-seller would've bought the batch). Apple Support asked me to upload a proof of retail purchase on the support portal and adjusted my warranty coverage within 24 hours.

You could probably ask the support guys if they can do similar if the situation arises, given most online sellers (except manufacturers' direct sales channels) are technically re-sellers and there will usually be some gap between the two sales (manufacturer > re-seller > end customer).
Old 18th September 2017, 14:01   #5547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Should one be concerned about the validity of manufacturer warranty on Dell/Lenovo etc Laptops sold on Amazon/Flipkart? Especially on Amazon, 'Manufacturer warranty of one year from date of purchase" is mentioned under many of the laptops. Despite this, does anybody know if there could be an issue with the manufacturer honoring the warranty, especially if bought as part of their Great Indian/Big billion sales on double digit discounts?
Warranty can be big issue. I would recommend you to call the manufacturer and confirm if you can buy from Amazon or flipkart and then only buy.

I did the mistake of not checking with manufacturer and trusting the seller while buying Yamaha Sound Bar. Even though he had provided me retail invoice, but Yamaha told me there will be an Indian Warranty card in their dealer sold products which would not be available for imported or non-dealer seller. Luckily the damage was limited. But i wont repeat the mistake of buying any costly items without verifying with manufacturer.

My review of the Yamaha soundbar.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/customer-reviews/R3CAHYZHPRHJTL/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B073YC5PVB

I checked with manufacturer like Carrier and Daikin for AC, they had no problem in warranty as long as 1st installation is done by their service center. They told you can buy from anywhere.
Old 19th September 2017, 12:48   #5548
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone got any idea about the return or order cancellation policy of Decathlon. I ordered a few things which I don't think will reach before Saturday which is when I am leaving for the Mt. Everest base camp. Delivery after which will render the items useless.
Old 20th September 2017, 11:57   #5549
Senior - BHPian

Hi all
I am looking for battery change for my mapmyIndia Car Pad (7" GPS)

Any one has any idea on where to get it? I searched internet and could not find anywhere except this

But, the battery picture shown in 2nd image is not the right battery.

I tried calling Mapmy India customer care but did not get good help.

So, please advise

Also, please suggest if I can go with maxbhi.com and purchase ? and Return if this is wrong product?

Last edited by gkveda : 20th September 2017 at 11:58.
Old 21st September 2017, 09:09   #5550
BHPian

What kind of deal is this?
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-amazonop5.png  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks