Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2021, 10:15   #1186
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Finally got both my Covishield doses [18-44 category]. The second dose didn’t give me fever or anything. Getting a slot booked for the second dose was so much more easier than the struggle for the first one. Hope everyone gets their vaccines and we all slowly move away from this monster that is Covid.
pandey.jai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 14:35   #1187
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello BHPians,

I am due for my second dose of Covaxin tomorrow (11/08/2021) but looks like Covaxin is not available at any of the centers. Tomorrow happens to be my 28th day since the first shot. I would like to be enlightened what if my second shot is delayed (as it looks like as of now)? How long it can be deferred, if at all it can be.

Thanks in anticipation of response.

Regards.
Old 10th August 2021, 15:01   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Hello BHPians,

I am due for my second dose of Covaxin tomorrow (11/08/2021) but looks like Covaxin is not available at any of the centers. Tomorrow happens to be my 28th day since the first shot. I would like to be enlightened what if my second shot is delayed (as it looks like as of now)? How long it can be deferred, if at all it can be.
Covaxin availability is a bit of a problem in most places. Don't worry as the period between two doses can be upto 3 months. Since Covaxin takes a longer duration for antibodies to develop, the duration was fixed at 28 days. But that was the ideal duration without taking into consideration production delays etc. A few friends here in Mumbai who had taken their 1st Dose of Covaxin couldn't manage to get their 2nd Dose till about 40 days+... As per doctors, a delay is fine. Do keep checking the private hospitals in your area, since the probability of them getting stock more than the govt centers is higher.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 15:38   #1189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
There is no clarity on how much duration is allowed beyond the 28days for Covaxin. My parents got their second dose of Covishield today and they had taken their 1st dose on 23rd of March.

Plus, now there is news that mixing the vaccine doses 1st being Covishield and next being Covaxin helps in developing better immunity.

So, all I can say not to stress too much and try to get your second dose as earliest possible. Also, for folks who plan to travel abroad its better to go for Covishield as many countries have not cleared Covaxin yet.
SnS_12 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 20:05   #1190
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Got my second dose of Covishield vaccine yesterday. It was a seamless and good experience right from scheduling the appointment on Cowin portal to the actual vaccination at the private hospital where it was managed well and crowd wasn't too much as well as Covid protocols in place.

No side effects/symptoms after this second dose.

Last edited by NPV : 14th August 2021 at 20:10.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 20:26   #1191
BHPian

Here is a question to all of you guy’s. Will you get a third dose of vaccine if there is an option?
Old 14th August 2021, 20:42   #1192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Will you get a third dose of vaccine if there is an option?
I'll take whatever's going!

That is, equally, a measure of my faith in the vaccine and my lack of faith in it!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 11:40   #1193
BHPian

Quote:
Here is a question to all of you guy’s. Will you get a third dose of vaccine if there is an option?
I'm mentally prepared for a scenario similar to the yearly influenza shots system. In a cost - benefit equation, the benefits of staying protected or at least decreasing the odds of getting seriously ill far outweigh the costs or inconvenience of getting a shot once a year. I would consider it similar to my yearly health insurance investment.
FlashMustang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 13:48   #1194
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Isn't is better to first get a Covid antibodies test done and then decide on a third/booster dose if necessary ?
Old 15th August 2021, 14:23   #1195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Isn't is better to first get a Covid antibodies test done and then decide on a third/booster dose if necessary ?
I'm not clear about... Whether the booster is because the two shots are giving insufficient immunity to the historical strains, or an attempt to keep up with covid evolution?
Old 19th August 2021, 04:05   #1196
Senior - BHPian

Planning to get the shot soon, preferably Covaxin.

On a side note, I've heard that pregnant women are advised to take the vaccine and will be denied treatment if they don't get vaccinated! Can experts or someone who has experienced such situation comment on this? Looks like an initiative by our local government.
Old 19th August 2021, 09:09   #1197
BHPian

^^ Vaccine has been cleared for Pregnant ladies some 3-4 months ago. There were cases where both the mother and the new born were infected with Covid during the stay at hospital. This move is to safeguard them.
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 11:55   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Planning to get the shot soon, preferably Covaxin.
If you are not Vaccinated till now you are most likely immune, talk to your doctor, may be get COVID Igg and take a call. Recent data shows current vaccines have no advantage over delta.

ICMR Study
Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-icmr.jpg

Mortality

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-cdc.jpg

You can calculate ICMR reduces mortality claim(assuming Vaxx is 100% effective) from above survival rates (i.e till you get another booster). Note US, UK & Israeli all have asked for boosters.

Prime Minister of Israel

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-israel.jpg

See https://twitter.com/naftalibennett/s...00579121500163

Quote:
On a side note, I've heard that pregnant women are advised to take the vaccine and will be denied treatment if they don't get vaccinated! Can experts or someone who has experienced such situation comment on this? Looks like an initiative by our local government.
This is illegal, I am not sure what is the reason for such draconian measure, when Vaccine is leaky.

Last edited by PhantomLord : 19th August 2021 at 12:04.
PhantomLord is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 12:19   #1199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^ Vaccine has been cleared for Pregnant ladies some 3-4 months ago. There were cases where both the mother and the new born were infected with Covid during the stay at hospital. This move is to safeguard them.
But forcing people to get it and hints of treatment denial seems inhuman. Do note that there is no official mandate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord View Post
If you are not Vaccinated till now you are most likely immune, talk to your doctor, may be get COVID Igg and take a call. Recent data shows current vaccines have no advantage over delta.

This is illegal, I am not sure what is the reason for such draconian measure, when Vaccine is leaky.
There has been lot of talks about making vaccine mandatory for even day to day activities, hence planning to have it for the sake of having a pass(can't fight international rules which mandate it).

Hint of making it mandatory for treatment is what gets my blood boiling. I am sure no one wants to put their loved ones in such situation hence won't protest against such brutal tactics.
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 12:51   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
There has been lot of talks about making vaccine mandatory for even day to day activities, hence planning to have it for the sake of having a pass(can't fight international rules which mandate it).
Its up to us to get it rolled back, check out EU(France, Italy) protests on Twitter. Also I am not sure there will be much International travel, IT hiring scene has changed completely, so hold it if you can.

Only goal I see for this forced Vaccination drive is to complete Health ID/Digital ID knowing what ICMR knows.

Thales went public on Digital ID or Health ID whatever you want to call it. All these Tech have your health connected to wallet(money) (IBM, Google etc).

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-thales.jpg

See https://twitter.com/ThalesDigiSec/st...51446573297667

How Booster Reminder Works (Note the tweet date and video date )

About Thales

Last edited by PhantomLord : 19th August 2021 at 12:52.
PhantomLord is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks