Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2020, 11:41   #3256
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Watched the Eco Challenge World's Toughest Race on amazon prime yesterday. ... Watch it if you don't find anything else and it's ok if you are distracted in between so you can multi task.
Agree on the last line completely.

I had posted about this series a week ago when it debuted on Prime. And rated it pretty high back then just basis the first two episodes I had seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Eco Challenge: The world's toughest adventure race : 4.5 / 5

Completely hooked into this adventure / racing series that just got added to Amazon Prime over the weekend.
Having seen a lot more episodes, now I'd say it's an okiesh watch. Primarily for seeing the beauty of Fiji and the good usage of drones to take some widescreen footage.

As for the actual series, they seem to have limited cameramen - the focus is on a bunch of 6-7 teams only, while ignoring the majority 50+ other teams completely. And even while focusing on those 6-7 teams, they literally parrot the same points again. And again. And again. And again.

For e.g. there's a participant with Alzheimer's who's a passionate adventurist throughout his life so it makes sense focusing on him and the extra efforts he and his team have to make. But then repeating the same points in every episode becomes a bummer. Same goes for the other 5-6 teams for whom they had an active cameraman following them.

My updated rating: 2.5 / 5
(mainly for the location).
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 19:50   #3257
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'Manhunt:Unabomber' on Netflix. An interesting & gritty show on how a criminal profiler tracks a criminal using forensic linguistics. Its a bit slow in the beginning but then it gets better around the halfway stage.

Also saw season 1 of 'Orange is the New Black'. Not a bad show at all. Interesting diverse characters based in a womens prison & their backstories.
Old 26th August 2020, 18:59   #3258
BHPian

Watched Line Of Duty.

IMO Season 1-4 would be solid 4/5, whereas relatively Season 5 would be 3/5. Throughout the series they managed to keep the viewer engaged. The last series started getting just TOO fancy for even a basic semblance to realism, starting from Steve Arnotts' fancy car or his blingy waist-coat, to unnecessarily glamourising a non-critical character of a Police Constable being played by Taj Atwal.

Anyway, IMO an overall 3.5/5.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 26th August 2020 at 19:03.
WorkingGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 19:08   #3259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
After Season 2, it started becoming wayward. It appears that many of these series start with a bang and end up with a whimper.

Enough of Blindspot.
You hit the nail on the head.

It started of brilliantly with a lot of mystery, but as the episodes progress it gets pretty unreal (devoid of logic).

So many action scenes with stupidly predictable endings.

I am almost at the end of S2, guess this is where I stop watching it.
rakirank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 20:37   #3260
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched Season 1 of 'Blacklist' on Netflix. A crime drama about a fugitive who surrenders to the FBI & offers to help them catch deadly criminals. Top notch acting by the male lead James Spader. A decent timepass watch. I stopped after Season 1 as i thought it was getting a bit monotonous & exhausting with a total of 7 seasons & 20+ episodes of 45mins each!
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 10:52   #3261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Watched Season 1 of 'Blacklist' on Netflix. A crime drama about a fugitive who surrenders to the FBI & offers to help them catch deadly criminals.
Like most of the movies or TV Action series, the core of the theme is always the primordial conflict between Evil and the Good. But Evil/Good thing is not always in Black and White - it can be grey also.
The so called fugitive is not Evil in the Blacklist. He was a former decorated US intelligence officer who has gone 'rogue' specifically to operate outside the limits of Law.
There are not many action packed TV series around these days.
Old 28th August 2020, 09:53   #3262
BHPian

I could see only 4 seasons of 'Better Call Saul' on Netflix. Where can we see the 'season 5' of the same?
Old 28th August 2020, 12:45   #3263
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Saw 'Deadwind' on Netflix. A Finnish Murder Mystery which tracks how the 2 cops solve the crime. Season 2 is better among the 2, felt Season 1 could have been trimmed a bit. It does keep you guessing about the killer though. Decent watch overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I could see only 4 seasons of 'Better Call Saul' on Netflix. Where can we see the 'season 5' of the same?
There are 5 seasons here on Netflix India.
Old 28th August 2020, 18:23   #3264
Senior - BHPian

Bosch - Season 6

Prime has started listing season 6 episodes, but shows them as unavailable for viewing yet. Anyone has any clue when Amazon has planned to make it available?
It started airing in US way back in April, not sure why Amazon cannot make it available to Indian audiences immediately, since I don't think any channel has right to air it here.

Watch first 2 seasons of "The Sinner"
I would rate it a good 4 out of 5. Very well made and keeps you guessing till the very end. 8 episodes per season.
Time well spent. A very good watch.

Someone here mentioned season 3 isn't as good, will start with it soon and update.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 28th August 2020 at 18:26.
Old 28th August 2020, 19:31   #3265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Bosch - Season 6

Prime has started listing season 6 episodes, but shows them as unavailable for viewing yet. Anyone has any clue when Amazon has planned to make it available?

Someone here mentioned season 3 isn't as good, will start with it soon and update.
It was available on Amazon prime for few days when it was released and then they pulled it out. Strangely.

Yes, don't watch Sinner season 3. It's a yawn fest.
Old 29th August 2020, 07:10   #3266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Which are the best seasons of Lucifer? I kind of lost interest somewhere in Season 2 !
Season 2 end and 3 and 4 really picked up, for me, because the plot gets more and more biblical. I like that sort of thing. However, if you managed to drop it after season 2,then I don't think you'd enjoy that very much.
I'm enjoying the season 5 episodes too, and am glad that it's been renewed for a 6th season as well.
Old 29th August 2020, 08:20   #3267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Watched Season 1 of 'Blacklist' on Netflix. A crime drama about a fugitive who surrenders to the FBI & offers to help them catch deadly criminals. Top notch acting by the male lead James Spader. A decent timepass watch. I stopped after Season 1 as i thought it was getting a bit monotonous & exhausting with a total of 7 seasons & 20+ episodes of 45mins each!
The catching criminals part does get repetitive but the makers have made sure that it remains only a side plot. And trust me there are enough twists and plots added there to keep you interested.

Last edited by GTO : 31st August 2020 at 07:37. Reason: Adding what could be a spoiler :). Thanks for sharing!
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 18:30   #3268
Distinguished - BHPian

When would it be non-spoiler to talk about the last 30 seconds of the latest Lucifer episode?
Old 6th September 2020, 12:20   #3269

I was pining for Killing Eve S03 for a while, and was thrilled when it was available on Prime. Any of Sandra Oh - Jodie Comer fans out there: Don't bother. Why do most series plummet in later seasons?
Old 6th September 2020, 13:14   #3270
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched Season 1-3 of 'The Big Bang Theory' on Netflix. Although comedy is not exactly by favourite genre, but i really enjoyed it. It's a good light hearted funny show about 4 geeks & their equation with a beautiful girl.

Most Viewed