Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2022, 18:56   #4396
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Watched Bosch Season 7 & Bosch:Legacy, the show remains as good as before & is worth a watch. Can't wait for Season 2 of Legacy.

Panchayat Season 2 - Its still a good watch, but I think Season 1 was slightly better perhaps.

The Great Indian Murder - Avoidable! Had scope but the makers ruined it by having too many sub-plots in between which made it a drag.

Rudra - Definitely more watchable than the Great Indian Murder. Overall an average show.
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 20:14   #4397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Watched Bosch Season 7 & Bosch:Legacy, the show remains as good as before & is worth a watch. Can't wait for Season 2 of Legacy.
What OTT platform is this airing on?
Old 27th May 2022, 20:17   #4398
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Both are on Amazon Prime.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 20:19   #4399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
However, this version of Lincoln Lawyer series is pretty lame.

Main character is pretty ineffective and IMO, does not know how to emote.

Besides that fact, I can hardly make out his dialogue delivery which is almost mumbling in mouth. A lawyer has to speak clearly and with authority (Take Bob Odenkirk of Better Call Saul for an example).

Cannot compare with original movie starring Matthew McConaughey which was awesome.
I didn't mind the Latino take on the character, to be honest. Just noticed one puzzling thing that Mickey Haller's accent is not consistent: you can hear it much more pronounced in the high-drama/ courtroom scenes whereas it's hardly there in the office scenes, for example. Suddenly realised that it's the same problem that Priyanka Chopra had in Quantico and sure enough, turns out this is the cross over platform for a Mexican actor!

It ended nicely enough, although the actual case itself became a bit meaningless after a while. Perhaps it will pick up in subsequent seasons. I would rate it strictly average, at most a 6/10.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 20:24   #4400
Distinguished - BHPian

Panchayat 2 Amazon Prime :

Many members here have said that season 1 was better but I feel it otherwise. In terms of the narrative flow, may be season 1 was breezier but in terms of story telling, the second season surpasses the first season.

There are elements in the story that are seldom discussed. The father taking a stand for her daughter, a husband who slowly encourages his wife despite the norm, a friendship that builds among the protagonists and so on. The story is set in a small village and hence the depictions holds more conviction. The standout scene is between the cameraman and the journalist, such poignant depiction of a tragedy which is often just a footnote in the news around us.

The actors are brilliant as always but it’s the moments which stay long after the series is over. Eagerly waiting for the third season, such clean and effective story telling needs to savoured.

Rating: 4.5/5
ABHI_1512 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 20:35   #4401
BHPian

Just finished watching Severance on apple tv. The first two episodes were slow but once it picked up it was really really good rated it 4/5
aansh singhania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 21:51   #4402
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bosch & Bosch Legacy is aired on Amazon Prime.

Quote:
I didn't mind the Latino take on the character, to be honest. Just noticed one puzzling thing that Mickey Haller's accent is not consistent: you can hear it much more pronounced in the high-drama/ courtroom scenes whereas it's hardly there in the office scenes, for example. Suddenly realised that it's the same problem that Priyanka Chopra had in Quantico and sure enough, turns out this is the cross over platform for a Mexican actor!

It ended nicely enough, although the actual case itself became a bit meaningless after a while. Perhaps it will pick up in subsequent seasons. I would rate it strictly average, at most a 6/10.
Exactly. I noticed it too.

On a separate and completely unrelated note. Lincoln is a true blue American car so they should have got a white caucasian male for this role who speaks with authority instead of a Mexican background male which didn't gel with theme.

Anyways, I stopped watching this series just after a few episodes while my wife is continuing it.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 13:49   #4403
Senior - BHPian

Binge watched ‘Panchayat-2’ over the weekend on amazon prime. Loved it. Each character did justice to their roles. Another clean series which you can watch with family albeit a few cuss words here and there. Would rate it a solid 5/5

P.S: Missed the cameos from Biswajit Sarkar though. Love this guy’s screen presence although he isn’t a main character.

Last edited by SoumenD : 30th May 2022 at 13:51.
Old 30th May 2022, 19:34   #4404
Distinguished - BHPian

Stranger Things - Season 4 : 2 / 5

Honestly, Netflix is milking this series a bit too much. Very similar story construct to the first 3 seasons with most of the usual suspects playing out very repeatable roles. Nothing is exactly wrong in this season, the acting is great but there is absolutely nothing majorly new except for a bit more gory-ness in the death scenes. And unlike the previous seasons, Netflix is releasing up this season episodes into two sets of buckets (second set of episodes to be released in July'22). One good thing over the past season - choice of background songs; nice ones littered across the 8 episodes.

I'd recommend waiting till July to watch the entire season in one go (if you can wait of course).
ninjatalli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 22:33   #4405
BHPian

Anybody watching sci-fi thriller series Outer Range on prime?

Watched 3 episodes and the suspense buildup is so far so good, quirky at times.Looking forward to watch the complete season.
ToThePoint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 23:12   #4406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
I have it in my to-watch list next.

Currently watching Night Sky on Prime. Just finished 2 episodes & the plot is not really clear yet. But that’s keeping me glued for now
Old 31st May 2022, 06:40   #4407
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Will take a break and start Panchayat S2 now that its out.
Wrapped up Panchayat S02 yesterday. Loved it. But the climax was really heartbreaking. The creators took us through a jolly ride all along until the last episode.

All the new characters added some great fun to the show.
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 08:19   #4408
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Currently watching a terrific old show. "Boss". Saw the trailer, recommendations, IMDB & Rotten Tomatoes scores and dived right in. Very addictive series, thanks to the very powerful personality of Kelsey Grammer playing a tough Chicago mayor, as well as an excellent supporting cast.

Brilliant storyline of the ups & downs of being a Mayor. And one who starts suffering from mental health issues. If you like drama and / or politics, don't miss. Giving it a straight 5 / 5 stars .

GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 08:50   #4409
Distinguished - BHPian

Is nobody watching Kenobi?

I thought episode 2 was a bit of a dud. And Reva is very annoying. She seems modelled extensively on the villain who appears in the Mandalorian. Forget his name.
Old 31st May 2022, 10:28   #4410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Wrapped up Panchayat S02 yesterday. Loved it. But the climax was really heartbreaking. The creators took us through a jolly ride all along until the last episode.

All the new characters added some great fun to the show.
S02 of Panchayat is as good as S01 is IMO.

They got incredible actors and their chemistry is superb though a certain stereotypical male character felt like an accessory. While the protagonist himself has proven himself many times over, I was really surprised by the actor who plays the role of Pralhad.

I do not think there is any other show in Hindi language that I await more eagerly.

And since there is void, started with Stranger Things S04 with a tired feeling. I think at this point it is more of an obligation than real excitement. Except Dustin, others go through their roles like routine and so do the viewers (I think). I will watch it to the end and reserve the rating but first 3 episodes haven't given me much of reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post

Watched 3 episodes and the suspense buildup is so far so good, quirky at times.Looking forward to watch the complete season.
Currently on E02 and while I was going to start E03, another show "Night Sky" caught my attention. There is so much entertainment content being thrown at us, I quickly lost interest in Outer Range and am already in the middle of S01 of Night Sky.

Last edited by amol4184 : 31st May 2022 at 10:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks