Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2022, 00:41   #4441
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Suzhal - Amazon Prime

Nothing to add to what others have said above.
Amazing series.
I watched in Tamil and ideally to be watched in Tamil to get the flavour of the slang.
Realistic acting by everyone.
Rating - 5/5

Last edited by rajivr1612 : 20th June 2022 at 00:47.
rajivr1612 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 08:34   #4442
Distinguished - BHPian

You Don’t Know Me

A British crime thriller limited series featuring a lead cast tht is primarily of Nigerian/Carribean descent. Makes for good viewing especially since it is just 4 episodes long. Good taut direction and excellent performances from the main characters.

One thing I absolutely hated was the ending though. It seems the trend these days is to keep endings vague/open-ended and let viewers decide for themselves what the fate of the lead characters should be. Which is so frustrating. It feels like there is no closure at all.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 12:20   #4443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Just finished ‘The Last Kingdom’ on Netflix. 5 seasons. Pretty good watch. First 3 seasons were great but like any good show the last 2 went downhill to some extent. Never the less kept mr engaged for last 3 weeks

Rating: 4/5
I just started on this too.
Concurrently I am reading Follett's Pillars, so my mind is in kind of a medieval set. Enjoying both so far, only in partially through the first season so far.
Old 20th June 2022, 12:29   #4444
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Tehran, is back with Season 2 on Apple TV+.
A terrific season, the finale was out last Fri. Lots of open ends, so hopefully there's a season 3.

Will end with a 5/5 rating.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 12:37   #4445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I just started on this too.
Concurrently I am reading Follett's Pillars, so my mind is in kind of a medieval set. Enjoying both so far, only in partially through the first season so far.
I am currently watching Vikings on Netflix. Suggest you watch this first and then The last kingdom . Viking is kinda prequel. It shows how they discovered England in the west. Pretty gripping series this.
SoumenD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 16:17   #4446
bht
BHPian

Watched "nirmal pandey ki ghar wapsi" on SonyLiv.
It shows issues like patriarchy and casteism in rural India very responsibly.
would rate it atlest 4/5, good music and background score too..
bht is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 19:14   #4447
BHPian

Any recommendations for European TV series? Especially spy/geopolitical thrillers? Watched the following recently and loved them:

1) Occupied (Norwegian)

2) A very secret service (French)

Old 20th June 2022, 22:13   #4448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer567 View Post
Any recommendations for European TV series? Especially spy/geopolitical thrillers?
Borgen - Danish (Political)
Broen/The Bridge - Swedish/Danish (Thriller/Scandi noir)
Follow the money - Danish (Geo political thriller)
Bordertown - Finnish (Thriller/Scandi noir)
carthick1000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 07:28   #4449
BHPian

Watched How to Sell Drugs (Fast) on Netflix via a VPN. It is a German Show about a boring 17yr old turned Jeff Bezos for the drug market.

I give it an 8/10 for its engaging storyline and witty dialogues. As always, these crime shows always end up teaching a lot (in this case, about cyber crime), so there's that as well.

Recommended watch if you can get access to it.
Old 22nd June 2022, 08:40   #4450
GTO
Team-BHP Support

By chance, came across a brilliant docuseries on the murder of an Indian-origin gal in South Africa. True story. She'd gone there for her honeymoon and was found murdered under mysterious circumstances.

Rating 4 / 5 stars. Very well-made docuseries. On Discovery Plus. As an aside, you can now subscribe to Discovery Plus, Lionsgate etc. from within Prime Video itself. Great strategy by Amazon.

GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 09:13   #4451
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Watched Bosch Season 7 & Bosch:Legacy, the show remains as good as before & is worth a watch. Can't wait for Season 2 of Legacy.
Somehow Bosch Legacy did not click well for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
It ended nicely enough…
Yes, and contrary to the popular opinion here, I felt The Lincoln Lawyer was better than Bosch.

Continuing with David E. Kelley, now halfway through season 1 of Big Sky. I like shows where the location and landscape feel like a character (Montana is this case).
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 09:23   #4452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
By chance, came across a brilliant docuseries on the murder of an Indian-origin gal in South Africa. True story. She'd gone there for her honeymoon and was found murdered under mysterious circumstances.
For those who don't want to pay for the view, this Youtube documentary might be a good alternative.

ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 09:25   #4453
Distinguished - BHPian

The Broken News ZEE5

Well made series about the murkier world of TV journalism these days with dollops of real life incidents merged into the narrative. In fact, one can make out the real life characters, on which the characters of the series is based on. Good starcast and acting has been good just as we can expect from a Jaydeep Ahlawat or a Shreya Pilgaonkar. It was refreshing to see Sonali Bendre again on the screen after so long. Looking forward to the next season, recommended watch.

Rating: 3.5/5

Nirmal Pathak ki Ghar Wapasi SONYLIV

Another of those series made on the rural India. Just that it puts the emphasis on the age old practises like Casteism and Patriarchy on the forefront. Lovely ensemble cast and the story is moving. Series like these needs to be seen and understood. Recommended watch.

Rating: 3.5/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I took the Discovery subscription just to see this series. It’s been a while since it premiered but what a chilling series. The way the old footages have been used to build the series is mind boggling. Indeed an engaging watch.

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 22nd June 2022 at 09:51.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 17:18   #4454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Yes, and contrary to the popular opinion here, I felt The Lincoln Lawyer was better than Bosch.

Totally agree. The Lincoln Lawyer was easy to watch and very good. I also liked The Republic of Sarah. A good series in my opinion, but has average ratings on IMDB.
KL01toKA03 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 15:12   #4455
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

The Lincoln Lawyer is a good web-series to be enjoyed on Netflix. Although it is American legal drama but thriller and suspense continues to surprise till its climax.

Initial episodes are crisp to introduce the story which involves mysterious murder of a top defence lawyer who was defending a high-profile client who had been accused of killing his wife.

The entire script is pivoted around, Mickey Haller, a defence lawyer, who uses his SUV (Lincoln Navigator) as his legal office and preparing for his brief.

Although, story becomes bit slow in the middle highlighting personal life of Mickey Haller, but again, it catches its steam from 8th episode to its climax (last episode).

Court room proceedings & dialogues are realistic and crisp with some sorts informational warfare between Prosecution & Defence side, explaining intricacies of US jury system.

7 out of 10 points from my side.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-20220621_165523.jpg  

Last edited by Ankur@VNS : 24th June 2022 at 15:35. Reason: Proof reading
Ankur@VNS is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks