Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2010, 12:11   #1531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishad.hameed View Post
for the mutton lovers, "Zeenath" at Mandya..........
Thanks Nishad! Will definitely stop there on next time. It is not easy to find a place that serves a decent mutton dish. Mutton, esp if its from sheep has to be cooked in a particular way. Most places do not do this and I've often abandoned a biriyani mid way muttering 'Kurigalu Saar, Kurigalu'.
Old 15th November 2010, 16:14   #1532
BHPian

Had been to 'Flame and Grill' on the Church street and here is the feedback:

Food: 6/10
Service: 5/10
Ambiance: 6/10

This restaurant needs improve by leaps and bounds to compete with the restaurants like "Barbecue Nation". I felt it was not worth the VFM that we spent.

Hotel Prashant and Hotel Keralapurada Saundarya Military Hotel:

Both these restaurants are around Navrang circle, Rajajinagar and they serve "Mandya Style" non-veg food. Service and Cleanliness at both the restaurants can be rated above average and the food is "excellent". Very tasty and good VFM. Highly recommended (Especially Mutton Kurma and Mutton Chops with either Chapati or Raagi Mudde).
Old 16th November 2010, 11:55   #1533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
(Especially Mutton Kurma and Mutton Chops with either Chapati or Raagi Mudde).
If you love the above dishes, Why not give a try @ Maratha Darshan just down Queens Road, Just behind of SHAHWAR NISSAN showroom.
Tasty Mutton food + Nati Koli
It's pretty much crowded everyday. Ambience is Just ok. But V good food.
VFM too
Old 16th November 2010, 13:13   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
If you love the above dishes, Why not give a try @ Maratha Darshan just down Queens Road, Just behind of SHAHWAR NISSAN showroom.
VFM too
Yeah Sure! Thanks for the info!
Old 16th November 2010, 21:31   #1535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
VFM too
Thanks for sharing this info. I remember reading a news article about this eatery, but could not recollect its name and thus could not locate it on Queens Road. Supposed to be very tasty food.
Old 16th November 2010, 21:46   #1536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Thanks for sharing this info. I remember reading a news article about this eatery, but could not recollect its name and thus could not locate it on Queens Road. Supposed to be very tasty food.
Take the road right turn immediately after Nissan showroom. 200 mts on that road you will find this hotel to left side. Ragi Mudde and mutton/chicken curry is best here.

They started it in a small shop at a parking place under the building next to congress office. But that kind of taste is not there when it used to be in small place, now.
Old 17th November 2010, 13:21   #1537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
... Hotel Prashant and Hotel Keralapurada Saundarya Military Hotel:
Both these restaurants are around Navrang circle, Rajajinagar ...
Where exactly? Parking is such a pain in that area courtesy the congested traffic and metro construction that one has to plan beforehand!
Old 17th November 2010, 14:53   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Where exactly? Parking is such a pain in that area courtesy the congested traffic and metro construction that one has to plan beforehand!
You are absolutely right w.r.t. parking woes. But, these restaurants are worth the pain!!

1. If you are coming from Majestic and approach Navrang circle, take the right turn towards Malleshwaram, you will find "Keralapura . . ." restaurant on your left side (hardly 100 meters from the circle).

Parking is a real problem here.

2. If you take left from Navrang circle towards Modi Hospital, even before you reach the WOC road you will find a signal, take right at that signal and on your right side you will find hotel "Prashant" (hardly 50 meters from the signal, diagonally opp. to Gokul Hotel).

You can park your vehicle in any of the gullies.

Note: These are quite popular hotels and if you have any difficulty in locating them, please talk to the people!!
Old 22nd November 2010, 16:31   #1539
BHPian

Has anyone tried "Grasshopper" on Bannerghatta road? I'm planning to go there for my anniversary this week. However, I have read that the food may not exactly be to indian tastes as it is not spicy at all. Any ideas?
Any other suggestions for a romantic place with very little crowd ?
Old 22nd November 2010, 16:58   #1540
BHPian

South Indies

Had been to South Indies for the weekend lunch buffet. Its a Veg only affair.

Food - 8.5/10 : Nice South Indian veg food spread including appam, stew, dosa, coin parota, sambar, rasam etc. 3 desserts including 2 sweets and ice cream. Don't forget to have a hot cup of strong filter coffee after your meal (some people are used to this). The coffee here is really good.

Service - 9.5: Very courteous and efficient staff

Ambiance - 8/10: Not bad.

Value for money - Definitely. 255 including taxes isa good price.
Old 22nd November 2010, 17:08   #1541
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Has anyone tried "Grasshopper" on Bannerghatta road? I'm planning to go there for my anniversary this week. However, I have read that the food may not exactly be to indian tastes as it is not spicy at all. Any ideas?
Any other suggestions for a romantic place with very little crowd ?
Grasshopper is an excellent place, I must say! Exquisite food and fantastic ambiance. Although, it may not pamper our Indian pallets. The food is continental and some of it might seem bland, but you will get all the nice delicate flavours in the food. The menu is fixed. You can either choose between vegetarian or non-vegetarian. The meal is spread out over 7 courses. I think you can choose a 5-course meal too.

Be prepared to shell out big bucks when you visit Grasshopper. But rest assured, you will have the finest dining experience of your lifetime. At least, in India!

Oh and Happy Anniversary in advance!
Old 22nd November 2010, 17:19   #1542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Grasshopper is an excellent place, I must say! Exquisite food and fantastic ambiance. Although, it may not pamper our Indian pallets. The food is continental and some of it might seem bland, but you will get all the nice delicate flavours in the food. The menu is fixed. You can either choose between vegetarian or non-vegetarian. The meal is spread out over 7 courses. I think you can choose a 5-course meal too.

Be prepared to shell out big bucks when you visit Grasshopper. But rest assured, you will have the finest dining experience of your lifetime. At least, in India!

Oh and Happy Anniversary in advance!
Thanks. I think this is the general feedback with regards to Grasshopper. Great Ambience but the food may not be to indian tastes. I am ok with that, but my wife doesn't like to experiment too much with the food. That is my only point of worry. Budget is not a problem coz you only have one anniversary in the year . Any other suggestions for places with good ambience and food ? Last year, we went to Sahib Sindh Sultan and loved the ambience as well as the food. Want to try something different for this year.
Old 22nd November 2010, 17:31   #1543
BHPian

Toscano?

[quote=Any other suggestions for places with good ambience and food ? Last year, we went to Sahib Sindh Sultan and loved the ambience as well as the food. Want to try something different for this year.[/quote]

Have you considered "Toscano" (If you like Italian food) at UB City/Forum Value mall? Candle lit tables, great view (UB city) coupled with brilliant food & some very good wine collection makes this a good place to celebrate a special occasion.
Old 22nd November 2010, 17:33   #1544
BHPian

Where in Bannerghetta Road is this restaurant? Any idea about the price?
Old 22nd November 2010, 17:42   #1545
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Thanks. I think this is the general feedback with regards to Grasshopper. Great Ambience but the food may not be to indian tastes. I am ok with that, but my wife doesn't like to experiment too much with the food. That is my only point of worry. Budget is not a problem coz you only have one anniversary in the year . Any other suggestions for places with good ambience and food ? Last year, we went to Sahib Sindh Sultan and loved the ambience as well as the food. Want to try something different for this year.
There isn't much to experiment here. You can opt for the vegetarian course which offers you a variety of dishes that contain the rarer vegetables. If you opt for the non-vegetarian course, you can choose not to have the beef/salmon if you're not comfortable with eating red-meat/sea-food.

The flavours are delicate and deft. They don't explode in your mouth like some Indian curries do. But this place is definitely worth a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkars View Post
Have you considered "Toscano" (If you like Italian food) at UB City/Forum Value mall? Candle lit tables, great view (UB city) coupled with brilliant food & some very good wine collection makes this a good place to celebrate a special occasion.
Oh yes, Toscano is absolutely brilliant! Authentic Italian food, great dining experience and superb service. The pastas and pizzas are brilliant, and as chikkars had mentioned, the atmosphere is phenomenal! The airy and refreshing ambiance almost makes you feel like you're dining on one of the cobble-stone roads of Italy! The view of the lights and the stars in the night is sure to render you smiling for the rest of the evening!

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Where in Bannerghetta Road is this restaurant? Any idea about the price?
Hi Krish,

Not sure where exactly. I've forgotten! But you could give them a ring and they will be happy to direct you! I think it's 1.6k per head excluding wine/champagne. This was the price about a year ago. Not sure now. Should be around the same or perhaps, a bit more.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd November 2010 at 17:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks