Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the EURO 2008 ?
Germany 26 63.41%
Russia 4 9.76%
Spain 11 26.83%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2008, 12:53   #151
Senior - BHPian

I feel the winner of Russia vs Spain match will win Euro'2008!

The resurgent Russia with their attacking play deserve to win the Cup!
Old 23rd June 2008, 19:10   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
The resurgent Russia with their attacking play deserve to win the Cup!
Just like how Rajasthan royals did in IPL.
Old 23rd June 2008, 22:37   #153
Senior - BHPian

The Spaniards did not create a lot of chances against a lackluster Italy. Hiddink's Russians look solid. They now believe they can beat the best.
Old 26th June 2008, 09:59   #154
BHPian

How come thread is silent today,i believe no one saw the 1st SF match between Turkey and Germany.
I saw the the whole match except last few min thanks to power supply problem ESPN had.

The 1st half was really good with both teams having a go at each other and creating quite a few chances.Turkey took the lead which was erased by Germany within 4 minutes.

But in 2nd half,for some strange reasons,Turkey decided to fall back and allowed Germany to mount some pressure.Latter scored 2nd goal with about 15min to go.I thought Germany would win with same score line but with Turkey around you can expect anything to happen.

Turkey scored equalizer with 2 min to go and match headed for extra time.Suddenly fantastic run by Lham to the box and some precise passing by Germans saw him beating the goalkeeper and scored the winner in 90th min.What a thriller!!!
Old 26th June 2008, 10:28   #155
BHPian

The first semifinal Turkey 2 - Germany 3, was a thriller.
I was expecting the Turks to sit back and soak up the pressure and counter attack for scoring goals. They played the exact oposite putting pressure on the germans from the start of the game.Schweinsteiger and Podolsky once again proved their worth for the germans. Ballack after his corcher against Austria was shackled well by the Turkish midfield. Butwith Tuncay suspended & Nihat injured, and more than half the regulars out due to suspension or injury. It was always going to be a uphill task for the turks. Full marks for the Turkish team for the way they played and full marks to their coach as well. The Turks haven't lost face losing to Germany in fact they have gained a lot of admirers for their "never say die" attitude.

Looking forward to the 2nd Semi tonight, will be a good game.
I feel the winner of this semi will go on to win the Euro.

Will be watching it at All Sports Bar near Fun Republic.
Lemme know if anybody is gonna be around.
Old 26th June 2008, 11:30   #156
Senior - BHPian

So Germans struggled to beat the spirited Turks!
I don't think Germany will win the cup with their mediocre performance.

Today's SF game will be damn interesting!
If Russia continue with their attacking play, they should down the Spanish armada!

OT: As expected, Italy have sacked their coach (Donadoni). He was too defensive in his approach, and he paid the price.
World Cup winning coach Marcello Lippi is expected to return.

Last edited by finneyp : 26th June 2008 at 11:41.
Old 26th June 2008, 11:36   #157
Senior - BHPian

Well what a match. Turkey should have won but germany maintained poise and attitude in the second half with schwansctiger and lahm running down the flanks and attacking. Kazim kazim of turkey was good but the best was the defender who scored the first goal. What a runner he was. Espn botched on providing continuous feeds due to which we missed around 20 minutes of the second half.
Am rooting for russia today.
Old 26th June 2008, 11:38   #158
Team-BHP Support

To be fair, based on their first half performance, Germany deserved to lose. In the second half, for some reason Turkey seemed to lose steam, and gave the upper hadn to the Germans.

The equalizer from the Turks in the seciond half was typical of them as they have shown in the Euro 2008. I wouldnt mind if the match had gone to extra time and Germany won, but looks like the Germans wanted to preserve their energy.

Predictions for the game today? I would want the Russians to win.
Old 26th June 2008, 11:45   #159
BHPian

ALl hail the Mannschaft!!

Football is a simple game – 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win! - Gary Linekar

Time and again Germans have proved this! ANd yesterday was another perfect example!

Turkey were stellar in the first half! Brilliant attacks from the flank and so much bravery!!! during the attacks the entire defence line almost crossed the centre line!

Missed much of the second half due to ESPN broadcast issues! but watta match! with a little discipline Turks would have sunk the Germans!!

This is turning out to be one of the best Euro!

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 26th June 2008 at 11:49.
Old 26th June 2008, 20:56   #160
Senior - BHPian

Who you guys backing tonight? I feel Russia will do it again. And Spain will also do it again - choke I mean.

ps - Khaadu, what your pick ? Pick any team and it will loose - your track record is pretty phenomenal.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 26th June 2008 at 20:59.
Old 26th June 2008, 21:51   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

A special treat for the boys - some pretty football girls

I post this on behalf of TheOne® who is currently busy at work and I figured this should be in before the next match.

I thought some lovely ladies in German colours would add a nice flavour to this thread.

I now quote Jenny
Quote:
GERMANY VS TURKEY

Some colleagues/friends and I planned to watch this important event on Heilbronn's "Theresienwiese" a big festival location, outdoors, where they set up a stage for this match. Hundreds, maybe even thousands, of people were there – the atmosphere was great.

Of course, we met before for dinner and some booze at a friends place which was close by. Then we went, in high spirits, to Theresienwiese. See attached pictures for the beginning of this glorious evening!
The EURO 2008 thread-dsc03505_thumb.jpg

The EURO 2008 thread-dsc03506_thumb.jpg

The EURO 2008 thread-dsc03507_thumb.jpg
Old 26th June 2008, 22:01   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more photos from watching the game.

The EURO 2008 thread-dsc03512_thumb.jpg
Our "TV"

The EURO 2008 thread-dsc03515_thumb.jpg
Come on guys, we want to see some goals, we want to win!

The EURO 2008 thread-dsc03520_thumb.jpg
live updates to India lol

The EURO 2008 thread-dsc03549.jpg
happy faces– we are catching up!

The EURO 2008 thread-dsc03550.jpg
TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!!!!!! YEAH

The EURO 2008 thread-dsc03553.jpg
We are the champions! Oh happy day!!!!

The EURO 2008 thread-dsc03537.jpg

The EURO 2008 thread-dsc03564.jpg
As we are leaving hell breaks lose on the streets, it was unbelievable (cars cars cars wherever you look, driving with people on the roofs and hanging outside the windows, waving flags, hooting like crazy - people shouting, singing, dancing on the streets and in between police everywhere) and it went on for almost the entire night!!!

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 26th June 2008 at 22:04.
Old 26th June 2008, 22:09   #163
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Jenny & Sam for those lovely pics!

Watching a football game on a giant screen with so many crazy football fans rooting for their country must be an awesome experience!

Hope Germany plays better in the final game!
Old 26th June 2008, 22:11   #164
BHPian

@Sam: Amazing pics man. Now thats what I call passion for sport. Just imagine the scenes if Germany were to win the cup.
Old 26th June 2008, 22:29   #165
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Who you guys backing tonight? I feel Russia will do it again. And Spain will also do it again - choke I mean.

ps - Khaadu, what your pick ? Pick any team and it will loose - your track record is pretty phenomenal.
.. Today I aint cheering any one side with a passion though I want Spain to win so that they can lose that tag that they have -- but then would want the Russians to win as they were the REAL UNDERDOGS ... !

Russia it is ....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks