Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the EURO 2008 ?
Germany 26 63.41%
Russia 4 9.76%
Spain 11 26.83%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2008, 22:48   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Watching a football game on a giant screen with so many crazy football fans rooting for their country must be an awesome experience!

Hope Germany plays better in the final game!
Watching the match in this atmosphere is the best thing ever! You cannot imagine if you have not experienced yourself. BUT I was clever, or actually my colleague lol, we filmed a few sequences. Haven't made it yet to upload them to the internet but will do asap. Though it will be a little late, like this you will get a better impression of what is really going on in Germany at those crazy soccer times and how the atmosphere on the streets is like in those moments.

I am not even the biggest soccer fan on earth but with the Euro Cup or even the World Cup Germany becomes a different country and it is a LOOOOOOT of fun!!!!

And ja, I hope so too because we could have done a lot better yesterday! The first half was nothing to be proud of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
@Sam: Amazing pics man. Now thats what I call passion for sport. Just imagine the scenes if Germany were to win the cup.
It will be UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Predictions for the game today? I would want the Russians to win.
Though I am a bit doubtful as to if it will really happen I want Spain to win!!!!
Old 27th June 2008, 00:11   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
Though it will be a little late, like this you will get a better impression of what is really going on in Germany at those crazy soccer times and how the atmosphere on the streets is like in those moments.
I can imagine what a great time you guys had! I am reliving moments from the last Euro Cup, which I watched with friends from so many nationalities at our Uni bar (fight club at times) back in England. The atmosphere was simply electric! Of course, back then England never managed to win anything so we missed out on seeing the rather entertaining hooligan syndrome in all its fine glory!

One of the pleasures of watching ones favorite team crash out early is that you actually start enjoying matches from then on. Plus, your nails get the much needed time to grow back to something looking remotely human. I have Italy to thank for that. Grazie!

As for tonight's game, its a tough one. Both Spain & Russia have not won a trophy of note in a long time. And both have fine looking women in their ranks! So I get to play United Nations
Old 27th June 2008, 02:00   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Though I am a bit doubtful as to if it will really happen I want Spain to win!!!!
JA! Still 5 more minutes to go in this match but the result is already clear lol. Spain won!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, I proudly present: Germany and Spain in the final of the Euro Cup 2008!

May the better team win and may this be Germany!

Ole ole ole oleeee....

Last edited by TheOne® : 27th June 2008 at 02:06.
Old 27th June 2008, 10:07   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Russia it is ....
Khaadu bhai has done it once again, Gautam !

Quote:
Russia go down, and miserably at that. They hardly looked like even a shadow of the team that trounced the Dutch!

Germany vs Spain final... me rooting for the underdogs Spain now.
Old 27th June 2008, 10:55   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
My heart says Portugal but the mind says Germany. And a dull ache in my heart says Spain.
Not bad at all !! The only trouble is I will be chewing my nails all through the match.
Old 27th June 2008, 12:29   #171
BANNED

Quote:
Khaadu bhai has done it once again, Gautam !
.. and now Im hoping i continue my run into the FINALS as well , coz Im rooting for Germany as Id want the Spanish to lift the title !!

GO GERMANY GO ....
Old 27th June 2008, 12:36   #172
Senior - BHPian

Well russia played horribly yesterday. Every attack from the left flank had ramos blocking the ball. Still they tried but to no avail. Rooting for spain in the final. They got brilliant skill.
Old 27th June 2008, 12:38   #173
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Khaadu for supporting Germany!

I can be rest assured that Spain will lift the Cup now!
Actually, they deserved to win, so many young talented players in their well-knit team like - Torres, Fabregas, David Villa, Sergio Ramos, Senna, Silva etc.
Old 27th June 2008, 12:41   #174
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Thanks Khaadu for supporting Germany!

I can be rest assured that Spain will lift the Cup now!
Actually, they deserved to win, so many young talented players in their well-knit team like - Torres, Fabregas, David Villa, Sergio Ramos, Senna, Silva etc.
No issues mate .. just make sure your players take advantage of my cheering and kick some butt .

GO GERMANY GO !!
Old 27th June 2008, 12:55   #175
Team-BHP Support

Khaadu, dd you support Italy at any point of time during this championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
GO GERMANY GO !!
So, hopefully Spain will win the Euro this time.
Old 27th June 2008, 13:04   #176
BANNED

Quote:
Khaadu, dd you support Italy at any point of time during this championship? .
I did against the Spanish as I didnt want them to win ... both Euro Cup & WC undertheir belts would have made them air headed . But I did support them in the WC final which they won !!

I usually vote for the underdog team specially once my teams are out , just keeps te interest alive .

Cheers
Old 27th June 2008, 14:01   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To be fair, based on their first half performance, Germany deserved to lose. In the second half, for some reason Turkey seemed to lose steam, and gave the upper hadn to the Germans.
True. In this tournament, I have found myself supporting Portugal against Germany (usually like Germany after Brazil and France during Zidane's time), and I felt Turkey was amazing. Turkey ran their socks off in every match and that was the reason they got tired in the 2nd half along with some non-regular positions and players - also Germans were much larger physically and that takes a toll). Germany also played better tactically in 2nd half and most importantly scored the goals!
Old 27th June 2008, 14:07   #178
BHPian

I guess the injury to Villa was the turning point of Spain-Russia match. That allowed Fabregas to come in and vitalize the midfield.

No question Villa and Torres are the best forwards in Europe at the moment, but without Fabregas in the middle, there is a problem of ball getting kicked around infinite times. Xabi is more of a deep-lying midfielder compared to Fabregas.

I hope they play Fabregas, with a 4-5-1 formation in the final. With Senna just in front, Spanish back four is looking better. Problem is how they cope with aerial balls-wonder why Russia didn't try this route
Old 27th June 2008, 14:19   #179
Team-BHP Support

Russia seriously missed the services of their defender Kolodin, who marshalled his forces around him in the last two games. His non-availability was always was concern in the match against Spain.
Old 27th June 2008, 14:31   #180
BHPian

Sam, thanks for sharing the pics. Like a few freeze frame slices of the atmosphere. Loved the change in expression between the two pictures. TheGame is great, but the partisan fans, the atmosphere at these times can be absolutely mind-blowing.

Germany V Spain- cannot remember the last time Spain won a major championship; but then I cannot remember Germany letting in so many goals in a major championship either. It would be a good contest, I am rooting for the Germans. They have the strength in midfield and up front. Spanish defence looks settled, but they haven't faced any major attacking threats till now. So many similarities between the sides:
Podolski-Klose are probably the best striker partnership in Europe today. Villa-Torres is a recent pairing which is doing well. Schweinsteiger and Lahm on the right for Germany are awesome, Ramos and Capdeville have done well for Spain. Frings and Senna would be key players, Senna has probably been the best holding midfielder in the tourney so far. Contrasting Goal Keepers though- mercurial and occasionally brilliant Lehmann (How did he let in the second goal against Turkey????) and cool, consistent and brilliant Casillas. It should be a great game if both teams come out and play. A good 90 mins and a German win should be the icing on what has been a good tournament!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks