Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the EURO 2008 ?
Germany 26 63.41%
Russia 4 9.76%
Spain 11 26.83%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2008, 14:55   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I can't digest the fact that a International striker like Luca Toni can mess-up so many chances, he was quite lethargic in his approach, Del Piero would have been a better choice instead of him.
True. German weather seems to have an effect on Toni. Inzaghi is still there? I guess he would have done better too. Anyway, now that Italy has some luck, let's see what they make out of it.

There are some teams that are made for the big stage. Italy and Germany are two of them. Since they somehow made it though the first stage, I wouldn't be surprised if they go all the waycheers:
Old 18th June 2008, 16:47   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Now that Italy are through, i wonder how long they would manage with Toni who hasnt been able to find the net despite being peperred with innumerous chances, and a midfield which is under strain due to yellow cards picked up and not being able to play the quarter final game.
True, Italy will miss Gattuso and Pirlo but the Italians relish a challenge when under pressure. The talismanic Del Piro is almost certain to play against Spain, but Spain are the in-form team and will look to capitalize on a weakened Italian midfield.

Netherlands will look to keep the momentum going but something tells me Croatia might be the dark horses.
Old 18th June 2008, 18:11   #108
Senior - BHPian

Italy would find it really tough to go past Spain. A 2nd rung Dutch team scores 2 and wins against Romania. Something that full-strength Italian and French teams couldnt manage. Missed penalties would definitely haunt players. Ask John Terry!!

And finally what a lovely flick it was from Thierry Henry to score the 2nd Italian goal. ROFL!!
Old 19th June 2008, 09:08   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
There are some teams that are made for the big stage. Italy and Germany are two of them. Since they somehow made it though the first stage, I wouldn't be surprised if they go all the way
Exactly my thoughts.
When teams like Spain and N'Lands have found tough in later stages and have choked under pressure,teams like Germany,Italy,Brazil and France play true to their potential in later stages.

Italy did in last WC and Germany did same in WC02 when no one gave them the chance to go past 1st stage.I'm backing Italy to go all the way.

I saw the 2nd half of match between Russia and Sweden and the way Russia played the match with fast pace,N'Lands is going to have tough time in QF.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 19th June 2008 at 09:09.
Old 19th June 2008, 11:09   #110
Senior - BHPian

In the poll - 3 teams with zero votes are in the quarters !!

Just edited the poll to reflect ONLY the remaining 8 teams.
Old 19th June 2008, 13:11   #111
Senior - BHPian

Of course, everyone sees a Portugal X Netherlands Finals.... Logically...
But surpirse has been the order of the day in Euro Semis and I won't be surprised if you see a Croatia X Spain finals...
Old 19th June 2008, 13:54   #112
Senior - BHPian

The Quater finals start today, first one is: Germany vs Portugal.

Will be a interesting match, Portugal should win it!
Old 19th June 2008, 14:48   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
And finally what a lovely flick it was from Thierry Henry to score the 2nd Italian goal. ROFL!!
I am sure Henry wouldnt forget that goal for a long time to come. Had it not been for his contribution, that goal wouldnt have come about.

Portugal vs Germany: Should be a tight match, with a not-so-tight Portugal defence and a strong German midfield.

Between, is Podolski playing today? He was nursing a calf injury, right?
Old 19th June 2008, 15:03   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sure Henry wouldnt forget that goal for a long time to come. Had it not been for his contribution, that goal wouldnt have come about.
Can't really say, I saw a Italian player behind the french wall, it seems it was preplanned to deflect the shot towards the goal!
But, Henry did the favour for the Italians!
Quote:
Between, is Podolski playing today? He was nursing a calf injury, right?
Hope Podolski plays today, else it will be a one-sided match today!
He is their main goal scorer & in good form this time.
Old 19th June 2008, 16:06   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post

I saw the 2nd half of match between Russia and Sweden and the way Russia played the match with fast pace,N'Lands is going to have tough time in QF.

Read my post earlier, the team to watch out for will be Russia.
3 standouts for me in the game against Sweden, No. 10, Goalkeeper and Zhirkov. As a team, Russia are playing beautifully. I am not going to miss any of their games.
Old 20th June 2008, 02:18   #116
F50
Senior - BHPian

What a match between Germany and Portugal. Portugal was aggressive but Germany showed that just being aggressive and having a dancing queen (read Rolando) in the the team doesnt help. Anyways all the 3 goals from Germany were nice especially by Schweinsteiger.
Go Germany!
Old 20th June 2008, 02:20   #117
BANNED

Didnt see the entire match but did see the last 29 mins -- and Portugal was all over them but just cudn't finish the moves . Seemed as if they were over anxious and that lead to their downfall . So out goes 1 team of mine - lets hope the Dutch keep my campaign alive ;-) !!
Old 20th June 2008, 09:02   #118
Senior - BHPian

Wow ! What a zinger of a match. There was non stop action from one end to the other. Fast and attacking football - and now that my heart's favorite Portugal is out - it's time to get my "Germany" t-shirt out.

Go Germany !
Old 20th June 2008, 09:10   #119
Senior - BHPian

Great game by Germany and it was nice to see Ballack score the third goal to send his new Chelsea manager (Luiz Felipe Scolari-->Portugal's Manager) much early to the club . I think Germany displayed that its the most outstanding team when it really mattered.
Old 20th June 2008, 09:38   #120
Senior - BHPian

Are we heading for a robotic final (as in Germany vs Russia)? I hope not,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks