Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the EURO 2008 ?
Germany 26 63.41%
Russia 4 9.76%
Spain 11 26.83%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2008, 11:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant match yesterday - Portugal v/s Czech. Flowing attacking football.

Was surprised at the other result Turkey beating Swiss in injury time and that too after trailing for most of the match.
Old 12th June 2008, 12:01   #62
BHPian

Portugal 3 - Czech Republic 1.
I had predicted a 1-1 draw for this game in my earlier post, since none of these 2 would want to lose a game after winning their first games and also since these 2 are stronger teams than Turkey and the Swiss.
It was good to see an attacking game, DECO was absolutely fantastic. Ronaldo is extremely talented, but personally I hate him for his histronics. Both had a good game. Ricardo in the goal was good too. But I did find Carvalho and Ferreira at the back a bit jaded, maybe because of the long season at Chelsea.
For the Czechs, Milan Barros was in sparkling form but he had absolutely no support upfront and it seemed like he was waging a lone battle. The goal from Sionko got them back into the game, but he was very unlucky to have Ricardo palm away his second header. I feel Koller should join Barros upfront. Petr Cech tried his best, but couldn't stop the portuguese from scoring. The absence of Pavel Nedved is for all to see, only if Rosicky was fit enough to play; the Czechs would have been a different side.
The third round of matches will confirm the second team to join Portugal in the last eight. The game between Turkey and Czech will decide.

Turkey 2 - Swiss 1, Didn't see this game so can't comment much.
Saw the highlights, the downpour made playing really very difficult for the teams.
Turkey should consider themselves really lucky to have got the winning goal.

My day off from Football today, need to tank up on some TLC.
Old 12th June 2008, 13:31   #63
BHPian

Czech missing the retired powerhouse Nedved and playmaker Rosicky. They have a chance to progress if they beat Turkey in the their last game.

Portugal played superb football, very pleasing to the eyes.

Fantastic game from the neutral point of view. The second half though was dominated by the Portuguese. Czechs matched them in the first half, but lost steam in the second half.

What are the games tonite?

OT: Scolari named next Chelsea boss.

Last edited by wanderlustindia : 12th June 2008 at 13:32.
Old 12th June 2008, 13:58   #64
Senior - BHPian

Germany play Croatia and the Polish play the hosts, Austria.

OT - Anyone playing the Euro2008 predictor on Facebook ?
Old 12th June 2008, 15:51   #65
Senior - BHPian

Here are my picks -

semis -
Portugal x Netherlands and Germany X Spain..

and Finals
Netherlands X Spain

And The Winner is The Netherlands....
Old 12th June 2008, 16:25   #66
Senior - BHPian

Great matches yesterday. Both of them. Portugal was brilliant but my fav striker barros was not having his day in the field. Briliant goal from ronaldo and the 3rd goal was absolutely stunning. They caught the czechs sleeping.

The second match was real fun to watch. The players had to make do with short passes and arials. Turkey played well in the second half and their passes was the best. They deserved the victory.
Old 12th June 2008, 20:22   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Czech missing the retired powerhouse Nedved and playmaker Rosicky. They have a chance to progress if they beat Turkey in the their last game.

Portugal played superb football, very pleasing to the eyes.
Czech have so far been disappointing.Against Portugal they had some chances but could not convert them but overall they played much inferior soccer than their opponents.

IMO Turkey has greater chances of going gurther at the expense of Czech.

BTW Swiss were unlucky in both the matches they played.
Old 13th June 2008, 09:53   #68
BHPian

Did anyone witness the Croatia - Germany match. The Germans lost 1-2. Thats perhaps the upset of the tournament so far.

France play Netherlands tonight. France will have to play out of their skins to defeat a very spirited Netherlands side.

In the other match, Italy would look to come back in the tournament against Romania after their shattering 0-3 loss to the Dutch.
Old 13th June 2008, 09:57   #69
Senior - BHPian

Germans were totally outplayed and looked like a bunch of amateurs with no co ordination what so ever with Croatia totally outplaying the 3 time Euro Champs.
Tonight are the games of Death in this group and must watch and how much i wish Italy are cornered and sent packing.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:06   #70
Team-BHP Support

Looking forward to an Italian victory today, and a suitable answer to those who have written them off in this tournament.

The other game between the Dutch and the French should go the Dutch way. The French deserve to go home and rest after the lacklustre game they have been playing.

Germany's defeat was not surprising considering they were overconfident after beating Poland. Tempers running short, blaming each other, and Schweinsteiger's outburst all show how they hate to be on the losing end. Excellent game from the Czech's. As for Lehman, i seriously feel its about time he hung up his gloves.

EDIT :

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
You meant Croats? Even their rearguard seems a bit leaking. Entertaining game though.
Oops! I always confuse between the two! :P

Last edited by benbsb29 : 13th June 2008 at 11:17.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:12   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Looking forward to an Italian victory today, and a suitable answer to those who have written them off in this tournament.
Me too!

Quote:
The other game between the Dutch and the French should go the Dutch way. The French deserve to go home and rest after the lacklustre game they have been playing. .
Should be interesting. Dutch has a magic button called "Self destruct". Hope they don't press it.

Quote:
Excellent game from the Czech's.
You meant Croats? Even their rearguard seems a bit leaking. Entertaining game though.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:29   #72
BHPian

Portugal can win the euro 2008 this year as i feel they are the most complete team in the pack and with Rolando firing all cylinders they have a very good chance this year.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:41   #73
Senior - BHPian

Germans were outclassed by the spirited Croats! I felt Schweinsteiger should have been the playing XI instead of Gomez/Klose, he came bit too late & got himself red carded in a unnecessary melee!

Italy will be back in action today & should win against Romania!
Hope Del Pierro is in the playing XI.
Old 13th June 2008, 12:16   #74
BHPian

I get the feeling Italy's run in the tournament could be over, unless they pull off something extraordinary tonight. They were totally outclassed by the Dutch flair the other night. Not looking like World Cup Winners at the moment.

Waiting eagerly to see tonight's matches.
Old 13th June 2008, 12:24   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
They were totally outclassed by the Dutch flair the other night.
I don't agree to that, Dutch were just lucky to get that 1st goal when Nistelrooy was clearly offside, after that Dutch got the confidence and flow.

Also 2nd half was dominated by Italy, but they were unlucky to miss so many shots going wide or straight to Van der sar, it was just not their day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks