Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2012, 14:40   #751
Senior - BHPian

Re: Parenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Would they take little infants? If so, are there any good ones around Whitefield?
A year and half ago when my wife was working in a reputed pre-school the minimum age was 10 months. You can check if this has now been lowered. There is a day care near IBM Office (Vydehi hospital). Not aware of others near Whitefield.
Old 20th December 2012, 16:05   #752
BHPian

Hi all,

My wife and I have been blessed with a little princess exactly 2 weeks back. We live in Bangalore and are on the lookout for a nanny who can massage/bathe the baby and do basic chores. If someone could point me in the right direction then that would be great.

Cheers,
Alston
Old 20th December 2012, 18:10   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, we have an 8 month old son. We are on a look out for a good day care center/creche since me and my better half are both working.

Would they take little infants? If so, are there any good ones around Whitefield?
Oxy, Sorry to be intrusive . But I feel its way too early to put him in a creche, dependent on a 3rd person. This is a big learning phase and a creche is not the ideal place. I had my mom and mom-in-law taking turns to come to bangalore, to take care of my lil one till about time he was 2 years old.

Just an opinion, i know situations vary from home to home.,
Old 20th December 2012, 22:04   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, we have an 8 month old son. We are on a look out for a good day care center/creche since me and my better half are both working.

Relax .. Many like you face similar situations. Check out V Care Day Care in Whitefield. Heard very good feedback from the parents. Everyone has told me that they are little expensive but they do take very good care of the kids.
Old 20th December 2012, 23:29   #755
BHPian

Honestly,
I feel the mother/father and in-law's should take turn's and be with the kid in the formative year's rather than depending upon a creche. I know this may not be possible in today's situation where the cost of living has gone up meteorically though the quality of life hasn't really gone up, but whatever we do is in the best interest of our kids, so taking a hit professionally(If that is the main concern) for the initial two year's will go a long way in shaping our kids.

No offense meant.

PS - Technically, I'm way too young to suggest but really felt that it is very important to develop a bond with kids in the formative year's . It is so much fun with the little ones'.
Old 21st December 2012, 00:20   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy

Relax .. Many like you face similar situations. Check out V Care Day Care in Whitefield. Heard very good feedback from the parents. Everyone has told me that they are little expensive but they do take very good care of the kids.
Hi, I have a kid who is 8 months old. I left my son in day care at about 3 months. I choose we care near ITPL. They start taking kids at the age of 3 months. I left my son there for almost 6 months and withdrew him last week. We care is expensive, but they are professionals, they take good care but be ready to spend lots of money. You will be constantly facing health problems with your kid. When I left my kid, the very next week he fell sick and suffered from loose stools for 3 weeks. But I did not have any other option but to leave my son in day care. I took a decision to take him out of day care since as he started falling sick frequently. Once you start leaving your kid in day care then you should be prepared for constant health problems. If you want more info about we care them please PM me.

Last edited by sabsubs : 21st December 2012 at 00:21.
Old 21st December 2012, 11:22   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Hi, I have a kid who is 8 months old. I left my son in day care at about 3 months. I choose we care near ITPL. They start taking kids at the age of 3 months. I left my son there for almost 6 months and withdrew him last week. We care is expensive, but they are professionals, they take good care but be ready to spend lots of money. You will be constantly facing health problems with your kid. When I left my kid, the very next week he fell sick and suffered from loose stools for 3 weeks. But I did not have any other option but to leave my son in day care. I took a decision to take him out of day care since as he started falling sick frequently. Once you start leaving your kid in day care then you should be prepared for constant health problems. If you want more info about we care them please PM me.
Really sorry to hear about your kid. Wish him a very speedy recovery.

I never used day care for my kid ( she is 2.5 yr old now) as I was lucky to have a maid who came from my wife's native and she was more caring than me and my wife put together. Now she has left but my kid has started play school and I am planning to keep her in the school ( Daffodils) till 5 PM.

When it comes to Day Care it is a very difficult emotional decision particularly when the baby is an infant. Given the financial obligations sometimes both the parents have to work and in that case we run out of option. Parents coming from far off place and staying permanently is also equally difficult. My parents love roaming around through out the year and keeping them with me forever is like keeping them in a jail. My in-laws are working, so they can not come and stay with me. I am sure there are many like me.

Given all the situations day care is the only feasible option. Kids often fall sick during this period. My daughter gave us countless sleepless nights from 6 months till she was 2 yrs old ( despite of not going to day care) but slowly she built resistance. I presume this is the case with many kids. So choose the best day care and as suggested by sabsubs be ready to spend some money and enjoy your parenthood. I know how bad you feel while sending your kid to daycare but believe me the kids enjoy there more rather than spending time at home.
Old 21st December 2012, 18:31   #758
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
I posted this on my facebook wall, ...
Thanks for the post. I wholeheartedly agree with almost every bit of what you have mentioned, except for the quoted bit below. Answer to these kind of atrocities is not more guns. The scenario mentioned is strictly applicable for the US. There are many other cities outside the United States where women /kids can walk freely without the fear of getting assaulted, and they really don't need the assurance that they possess a weapon which can kill.

Quote:
Today in my home and on streets of USA, if i can walk fearlessly, if robberies don't happen every night no matter how isolated my house is, if women can walk any time of the day (or night) in any part of the country without the fear of getting assaulted, it's because they are protected by the second amendment, castle doctrine, probably own a weapon, and all potential criminals know that. A look at any news item from New Delhi or Mumbai can prove my point. The question is which is the lesser of the evils that we choose.

Last edited by vb-saan : 21st December 2012 at 18:32.
Old 21st December 2012, 19:33   #759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thanks for the post. I wholeheartedly agree with almost every bit of what you have mentioned, except for the quoted bit below. Answer to these kind of atrocities is not more guns. The scenario mentioned is strictly applicable for the US. There are many other cities outside the United States where women /kids can walk freely without the fear of getting assaulted, and they really don't need the assurance that they possess a weapon which can kill.
it's never black and white. It's about personal freedom, governance and justice system, social structure, and a lot more. In each of the other cities mentioned there are good areas and there are bad areas. But personal safety devices help you carry a little bit of the safety with you wherever you go. And this acts as a deterrent if everybody is aware of legislation that supports it.

I am not saying guns are the only solution. I am saying a gun ban in US will cost a lot more than what is being projected. If we are willing to give up some of that freedom for our safety, that may be acceptable after all.

But the point I was trying to make was that we need to address the more important issue at hand, which is our society becoming more irresponsible in general. Diverting resources to issues that are only circumstantial is not going to get us any long term benefits.
Old 21st December 2012, 20:46   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Given all the situations day care is the only feasible option. Kids often fall sick during this period. My daughter gave us countless sleepless nights from 6 months till she was 2 yrs old ( despite of not going to day care) but slowly she built resistance. I presume this is the case with many kids. So choose the best day care and as suggested by sabsubs be ready to spend some money and enjoy your parenthood. I know how bad you feel while sending your kid to daycare but believe me the kids enjoy there more rather than spending time at home.
Thanks for you wishes sam_boy. What you say is true, kids enjoy day care more. My kid started enjoying day care and he would hesitate to come to us when we go to pick him but we did not have other options but to take him out due to his health condition. Kids usually get used to the environment but nonetheless it's one's personal decision to leave their kid there. Nowadays day care are professionally handled but end of the it's always better for the kid as well as parents if the kid grows up at home.
Old 22nd December 2012, 00:14   #761
BHPian

There is a day care in the JP Morgan office campus too on ORR just after Marathahalli. We are planning to put our 1 yr old daughter there in January. Has anyone got any experience with this place?

MaSh
Old 28th December 2012, 13:49   #762
lsp
BHPian

Newbie father here!

I got a call from representatives of Mother's pride about their scheme to enroll your child in their program. Basically you pay a registration fees of 6500 and book a slot for your baby in their playschool/school at the current fees structure. 2-3 years down the line when your child is ready to start school, the child will be enrolled at the fees structure at the time of registration ie. todays date. I am not sure but prima facie seems like a good deal. Fees is only bound to go north.

Here is the link to their site:-
http://mothersprideonline.com/mpride/default.aspx

1) Has anyone else enrolled in the program?

2) What all should we look for when deciding on the school?

3) Overall, is it a good idea to go for it?

4) Ideas / Suggestions / Experiences / Opinions
Old 2nd January 2013, 17:49   #763
BHPian

^^
Please check if 6500 are only the registration fees or the cumulative fees for the whole year.
Old 21st January 2013, 15:09   #764
BHPian

Hi all,

Since long we were on the lookout for a lady for massage cum bathing for both the mum and the baby at your residence. Finally we have found one and I would like to take this opportunity to recommend her to anyone who are on the lookout for these services in Bangalore as we are very happy with her. She is happy for her details to be posted here on the forum.
Please contact me if you have any queries, however you can contact her directly on 9964551832.

Cheers,
Alston
Old 21st January 2013, 19:48   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
Newbie father here!

I got a call from representatives of Mother's pride about their scheme to enroll your child in their program. Basically you pay a registration fees of 6500 and book a slot for your baby in their playschool/school at the current fees structure. 2-3 years down the line when your child is ready to start school, the child will be enrolled at the fees structure at the time of registration ie. todays date.
Late reply, nonetheless. Mother's Pride is good as a play school, my son loved it. However the formal school, Presidio, is not in demand. So I don't think that deal should be a deciding factor. Btw, my son has since started formal schooling elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
She is happy for her details to be posted here on the forum. Please contact me if you have any queries, however you can contact her directly on xxxxx.
Cheers,
Alston
She may not understand the risks of posting her mobile number on public fora. My opinion is that her mobile number should be removed from your post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks