Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2013, 09:38   #5521

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Nargisi (Kofta) kabab = Scotch eggs. Plain mince with egg binder and powdered spices, covering a whole boiled egg usually (can be length-wise quartered, as you have seen), and deep fried. Completely different from putting a slice (cut across the egg) in Shikampuri. The egg filling is Hydi style - in North India it is usually hung curd.
A twist to Nargisi:
Carefully split hard boiled egg to keep the yolk ball intact. Now chop the whites and add to the minced meat. Stuff the yolk ball in the Kabab and fry.

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd May 2013 at 14:19. Reason: Pls dont quote long posts
Old 3rd May 2013, 14:27   #5522
Distinguished - BHPian

Had to practically dig this thread out from previous pages which is so unusual for the Hydeez. Looks like everyone has stopped sharing their foodie experiences

Visited "Marigold" (5 Star Property) for Sunday Lunch buffet through a snapdeal coupon for 3 of us. We paid a VFM Rs.615 per head

Ambience is excellent being 5 star standard. Iam usually averse to 5 star food but, most of the food served here was really nice

The spread was so huge that I dont have the patience to list it out here. Breads, Salads, Continental, Indian, Chinese. You name it, it was there

Desserts were so many, it made my head reel. Just looking at the options available

Patthar Ka Ghosth is available only on Sundays.

They served two different types of juices ( Orange and Guava) as complimentary. Best orange juice I had in a long time

All of us enjoyed the meal and the overall experience. Will go back again soon.

Here are some pictures from the buffet ranging from Breads to Salads to Veg Falafel to Mutton Chops to PKG to Dessers.

BB sometimes does come up with decent pictures
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2013042800712.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2013042800714.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2013042800713.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2013042800715.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2013042800716.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2013042800717.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2013042800718.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2013042800719.jpg  

Old 3rd May 2013, 17:21   #5523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
. Looks like everyone has stopped sharing their foodie experiences
Have been visiting the same old joints so nothing really new to talk/review about

Saw an opening soon board of haiking @ rd no 36

Since we are talking about sunday brunches ,i found the avasa sunday brunch menu pretty nice and has lots to choose from
Old 3rd May 2013, 18:08   #5524
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Have been visiting the same old joints so nothing really new to talk/review about

Saw an opening soon board of haiking @ rd no 36

Since we are talking about sunday brunches ,i found the avasa sunday brunch menu pretty nice and has lots to choose from
I know your a big time Avasa fan. Will go there with you sometime soon

Btw, Mast Kalandar is opening at Hyderguda ( next to Haiking) in place of Pizza Corner which never took off.

Some decent North Indian option in Himayathnagar area now.

Btw, I did mention some pages back a new restuarant called " Sardarjis" opened in Himayathnagar, next to HDFC bank. Never went there till now because its pure vegetarian
Old 4th May 2013, 12:08   #5525
BHPian

Quote:
Had to practically dig this thread out from previous pages which is so unusual for the Hydeez. Looks like everyone has stopped sharing their foodie experiences

Visited "Marigold" (5 Star Property) for Sunday Lunch buffet through a snapdeal coupon for 3 of us. We paid a VFM Rs.615 per head
Here are some pictures from the buffet ranging from Breads to Salads to Veg Falafel to Mutton Chops to PKG to Dessers.
I was out of town for more than a week. So not much to share from my end.

The mutton chops and PKG look yummy. @615/- that looks like a VFM buffet.
Old 4th May 2013, 17:33   #5526
Senior - BHPian

A blot on Paradise?

I am out of Hyd so not sure if this has been taken up in the local media etc,else this is something worth a read and there is a response from the Paradise management as well in the comments section.The management has gone all out in the social media networks as well and is printing an apology on all those "walls" where people are discussing this incident.Good thing to see the management has resorted to action and is a good wakeup call to all those patronising restaurants and shops who think that alongwith the building from which they operate,they also own the public parking spaces,public pavements.

http://writersoulme.wordpress.com/20...adise-no-more/

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 4th May 2013 at 17:34.
Old 4th May 2013, 23:38   #5527
Senior - BHPian

After having been there on several occasions mostly on business, my Father finally took me and my mother out to the Taj Falaknuma and it is simply put, one of the three best places I have been to to eat. As soon as you enter the noise, smell, temperature of the city is left behind. The slow road up to the top of the hill is extremely quiet and as soon as you are out of the horse drawn carriage (which I felt was a bit over the top :P) and into the palace, you are treated royally the tour is kept short and interesting allowing you to also roam around into any room and ask any questions. You can then sit in a sort of large balcony and begin with drinks. Every single cocktail is splendid and not overdone either. The view of the city is fantastic it is almost like a filter that removes all the bad senses and displays the best of the city. It is simply brilliant how the group has restored the palace. Food again was top notch. Not the best I have ever eaten but certainly comparable. Everything we ordered was done well and the waiter can be asked any questions, answers them properly and doesn't come with an accent All in all it was an expensive evening but has urged me to go there a few more times.
This is a place that everyone MUST visit. Make a reservation, have your driver drive you and leave early. (it will take a while getting there and the traffic in the area can drive anyone mad)

Last edited by IshaanIan : 4th May 2013 at 23:39.
Old 5th May 2013, 03:28   #5528
BHPian

Well i though i knew more of hyderabad than most other people in the city but almost everyone here proves me wrong. :P
My bit of advice would be to try
1. Tandoori Pomfret at Saheb Sindh Sultan in the City Center Mall, Road no 1, Banjara hills
2. Badam Kheer and Paan at Saheb Sindh Sultan again. BRILLIANT.
3. Haleem at any Pista House stall. Hyderabad House and Paradise come in second.(NOTE: Only available during Ramzan)
4. The Red Snapper in Prego at The Westin, Madhapur is brilliant if you're in the mood to blow some cash :P
Old 5th May 2013, 20:03   #5529
BHPian

Re: A blot on Paradise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
I am out of Hyd so not sure if this has been taken up in the local media etc,else this is something worth a read and there is a response from the Paradise management as well in the comments section.
Ranjit,

Hindu printed this news item on the front page. Appalling attitude of the bouncers and even the management. When you accept the fame because your chef cooks excellent biryani, you also have to take the blame if the bouncer appointed by you beats up a woman for no reason.

Shaadab is opening at Road No.3, Banjara Hills - adjacent to the mosque. Great for me as it is just a km away from home.

Was at Novotel last night for the weekend dinner buffet. Excellent spread of starters. Fish satay was the star dish apart from chicken frankfurters, tenderlion, pork and couple of chicken dishes.

Costs 2.2k per person inclusive of taxes but with the member ship card, we paid 1.1-1.2k per head. Total VFM deal.
Old 7th May 2013, 13:22   #5530
BHPian

I'll be in Hyderabad for a day starting at 5am from Kacheguda railway station and ending at 8:30pm back at Kacheguda, visiting Gachibowli and Madhapur in between.

Any VFM recommendations for Breakfast (Kacheguda), Lunch(either near My Home Hub, Madhapur or Microsoft, Gachibowli) and Dinner(Kacheguda)? I'd like to get Beef Nihari if possible. And a biriyani and some not-so-common kebabs.

BTW, I love this thread, you guys are so passionate about food AND eating out!
Old 7th May 2013, 13:56   #5531
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Guys,

Along the way from Gachibowli to Secunderabad via Hitech City,Jubilee Road, does anyone knw if there is a small regular chicken joint ( i am bored of all those big places in tight cozy places, We have been to every big restaraunt around thanks to Corporate parties ).

A simple joint where you can just stop get down and pick up some lovely food. Some tikkas,chinese starters, kebabs . Something very simple ,mundane and ofcourse satisfying your palettes.

Please help me locate !!!

Thanks
Sunny
Both sides of the Gachibowli flyover have non-veg joints like Al-Saba and some bawarchee.

The Al-Saba has been reviewed before and its quite decent and vfm.
But don't expect good or fast service on a Friday afternoon.

Kothaguda crossroads has Food Inn. Decent biryani and some of the chicken dishes are ok.

Over the flames and its neighbor the Hunan Spice are also decent.

In fact I just had a bowl of chicken noodles at Hunan spice(Rs 120) and liked it.

The Hi Tech city main road also has Nandini Cafe. A decent vfm vegetarian darshini restaurant. If you go there do have a cup of tea.
Old 7th May 2013, 14:47   #5532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew View Post
I'll be in Hyderabad for a day starting at 5am from Kacheguda railway station and ending at 8:30pm back at Kacheguda, visiting Gachibowli and Madhapur in between.
Any VFM recommendations for Breakfast (Kacheguda), Lunch(either near My Home Hub, Madhapur or Microsoft, Gachibowli) and Dinner(Kacheguda)? I'd like to get Beef Nihari if possible. And a biriyani and some not-so-common kebabs.

BTW, I love this thread, you guys are so passionate about food AND eating out!
Get down at Kachiguda and take a auto to Minerva Coffee Shop at Himyathnagar which is roughly 3kms from Kacheguda and is enroute Gachibowli.

Have a nice south indian breakfast at Minerva

If your near Microsoft, then have a chinese lunch at Shanghai Chef or Wontons. Tasty Chinese Food

In evening while returning towards Kacheguda, stop at either Astoria/Bawarchi and enjoy a biryani before catching your train as its a short detour and quite close to Kacheguda Railway station (approx 3 kms)

Another option for dinner, stop at Cafe Bahar at Begumpet or Paradise and have kebabs and biryani there before heading towards the station.

You will need to start real early if you want to enjoy dinner as travelling in evening hours will eat up most of your time.

Nihari isn't available in newer part of city which you will be travelling to and fro the station. To enjoy Beef Nihari, you need to venture into the old city area of Hyderabad to places like Alamdullah, Shadaab, Shah Ghouse, Prince etc.

And, yeah most hyderabadis are serious about their non-veg food
Old 7th May 2013, 15:16   #5533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To enjoy Beef Nihari, you need to venture into the old city area of Hyderabad to places like Alamdullah, Shadaab, Shah Ghouse, Prince etc.
Shadaab and Shah Ghouse do not sell Beef Nihari.

Shadaab sells Mutton Nihari 6 days a week and Chicken Nihari (Shorba) on Saturday evening and Sunday Morning.

Waseem.
Old 7th May 2013, 15:25   #5534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Shadaab and Shah Ghouse do not sell Beef Nihari.

Shadaab sells Mutton Nihari 6 days a week and Chicken Nihari (Shorba) on Saturday evening and Sunday Morning.
Yes, Iam forgetting. Beef is sold at very few outlets even in Hyderabad

Chicken Nihari is also available on Saturdays and Sunday morning at Hotel Naigara, Chaderghat
Old 7th May 2013, 16:01   #5535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
... Nandini Cafe. A decent vfm vegetarian darshini restaurant ...
No restaurateur in Bangalore will name their vegetarian joint "Nandini" in their sane minds. "Nandini" or "Nandhini" is synonymous with non-veg food.

A few people from a Japanese customer had once wanted to know what could be spicier than the Level 5 "Kare Raisu" available in Japan (there are 5 levels of spiciness, and 5 is extremely hot). Had taken them to a Nandini once. The relentless onslaught of chillies & pepper had them sweating, hooing and haaing - but they polished off whatever was ordered (incl. the infamous Nandini Chilly Chicken - where the Chicken is fed green chillies, killed with some red chillies, marinated in green chillies and cooked with more green chillies), and took a couple of dozen pics to show off back home.

What is the equivalent in Hyderabad?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks