Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2011, 18:39   #2911
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Was at Rajdhani over the weekend,and must admit,they serve the most authentic Gujarati/Rajasthani thalis in town(if not India,have been to most of their outlets in GJ/MH/KA)

Amazing fare and the ever-friendly service just takes the place notches higher.Priced at INR 225(AI) its a steal and just sitting there and watching their art of service itself is value for money!Bikanervala (imo) is just crass and is another Ohris in the making in terms of crowd/taste/fare!
I am eagerly awaiting a COMPARISION between the food at Rajdhani (Big Bazar, Ameerpet) and Dadu's (Liberty Junction, Himayatnagar) in terms of taste of food, ambience, service, variety of dishes, and more.

I am also wondering why Dadu has priced themselves THREE TIMES motre than Rajdhani?
Old 22nd February 2011, 17:37   #2912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was at Rajdhani over the weekend,and must admit,they serve the most authentic Gujarati/Rajasthani thalis in town(if not India,have been to most of their outlets in GJ/MH/KA)

Amazing fare and the ever-friendly service just takes the place notches higher.Priced at INR 225(AI) its a steal and just sitting there and watching their art of service itself is value for money!
Where is this? I absolutely love Rajasthani food!

EDIT: Just saw Bajaj sahab's post.

Hmm, Big Bazar == BQ belly-scraping against the exit ramp. And Dadu's Himayathnagar == going too far out of the way. Dadu's MG Road is better, but parking is a hassle.

Regards,
spadix

Last edited by spadix : 22nd February 2011 at 17:40.
Old 22nd February 2011, 17:45   #2913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post

Hmm, Big Bazar == BQ belly-scraping against the exit ramp. And Dadu's Himayathnagar == going too far out of the way. Dadu's MG Road is better, but parking is a hassle.

Regards,
spadix
Dadu's MG Road branch is not selling the thali.Its just sweets,namkeen and chats.
Old 22nd February 2011, 17:48   #2914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post

Regards,
spadix
I dont think Dadu's comes anywhere near Rajdhani when it comes to taste and service and VFM factor.I just abhor Dadu's with all due respect to the Dadu's fans,but they are simply way too overpriced.The most hillarious thing is the guy who stands out serving pani puris-he wears plastic gloves(not sure why because he touches everything all over the place,without the gloves atleast he would have washed his hands every now n then but this way eeks)n then takes out the "paani" from one of those juice containers and serves it to you,he takes a minimum of 15mins to serve out six puris thanks to all his paraphernalia!

The rajdhani website Khandani Rajdhani - Ek Khandani Parampara
Old 22nd February 2011, 18:21   #2915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Dadu's MG Road branch is not selling the thali.Its just sweets,namkeen and chats.
Ah! I was unable to understand why Bajaj sahab was comparing Rajdhani and Dadu's in the 1st place. I always thought Dadu's sold fast food only.

Quote:
The most hillarious thing is the guy who stands out serving pani puris-he wears plastic gloves(not sure why because he touches everything all over the place,without the gloves atleast he would have washed his hands every now n then but this way eeks)n then takes out the "paani" from one of those juice containers and serves it to you,he takes a minimum of 15mins to serve out six puris thanks to all his paraphernalia!
Absolutely, and it's even more hilarious to see people flock to Dadu's for "hygienic" chaat . IMHO chaat from the road-side dabbas/bandis tastes the best.

Thanks for the link to the website!

Regards,
spadix
Old 22nd February 2011, 19:39   #2916
Distinguished - BHPian

The only Rajdhani Hotel that I know is the one in Siddiambar Bazar.

A decade ago, this place used to be a great vegetarian restuarant.
No idea how its now since havent been there now for a few years now. No, I think been there once a year or so ago, posted a review of it on this thread too.

Infact, we make a okra dish at home which is called " Rajdhani Bhendi" even today and is one of my all time favorite dish.
Old 23rd February 2011, 06:58   #2917
BHPian

There's jharokha (subset of dadu's) who have rajasathani thali and all(himmayat nagar)

somehow i feel neither rajdhani nor jharokha are up to the mark

i would give 1st prize to the rajasthani thali at dhola ri dhaani
Old 23rd February 2011, 09:35   #2918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
The only Rajdhani Hotel that I know is the one in Siddiambar Bazar.

A decade ago, this place used to be a great vegetarian restuarant.
No idea how its now since havent been there now for a few years now. No, I think been there once a year or so ago, posted a review of it on this thread too.
I am a regular visitor of this restaurant,whenever i visit Afzal Gunj to source parts for my Jeep.

The thali served here is still great and the restaurant is still packed to the brim on weekdays also.

The Rajdhani restaurant in question is a chain of restaurants which serves the best veg thali and their service is impeccable.I am yet to see a restaurant with such great service oriented staff.I have visited Rajdhani outlets in more than 10 cities and the standard of service remains the same.

The best time to visit Rajdhani is march-may.Just love the puri and aamras served during summers.(on sundays)
Old 23rd February 2011, 09:46   #2919
Team-BHP Support

I picked up a Mutton Biryani from Point Pleasant.
Rs 160.

Spicy. The rice is long grained but nothing great about it.
The quantity of meat was quite low. Plus I found a long strand of hair stuck in one of the pieces.

Will not repeat this joint.

btw, I took the parcel at 7:30 pm.
Old 25th February 2011, 14:33   #2920
BHPian

Went to the great kebab factory for lunch and somehow i don't have any good things to talk about.

a) Almost swallowed a safety pin which was in the galouti kebab(god know how it landed there)
b) the elevator was not working ( no sign board to talk about it)
c) service damn slow ,even though only 3 tables were occupied

Not a good experience at all ( i would not want to pass a judgement because the food is really good)

These guys really need to work on the other aspects which i think they are taking the guests for granted.

To add to the fun the man in charge is offering me a free fruit punch as a compensation for the safety pin in the food.
Old 25th February 2011, 15:37   #2921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Rajdhani restaurant in question is a chain of restaurants which serves the best veg thali and their service is impeccable.I am yet to see a restaurant with such great service oriented staff.I have visited Rajdhani outlets in more than 10 cities and the standard of service remains the same.

The best time to visit Rajdhani is march-may.Just love the puri and aamras served during summers.(on sundays)
So very true,the aamras is something to die for,and the best part is that if you go twice a month,you would never see the same dish repeated except for the dal etc!They even invite you to see their kitchen after the meal,it would put all the ISO certified organisations to shame lolz.Their finger acts when calling for dishes is pure joy to watch,especially on busy days.There is no calling out or shouting out for dishes,the whole business goes about in a silent manner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Went to the great kebab factory for lunch and somehow i don't have any good things to talk about.

a) Almost swallowed a safety pin which was in the galouti kebab(god know how it landed there)
b) the elevator was not working ( no sign board to talk about it)
c) service damn slow ,even though only 3 tables were occupied

Not a good experience at all ( i would not want to pass a judgement because the food is really good)

These guys really need to work on the other aspects which i think they are taking the guests for granted.

To add to the fun the man in charge is offering me a free fruit punch as a compensation for the safety pin in the food.
Why arent they closing down this TGKF.Its a disappointment in the truest sense of the word.They will bore you to death with their questions of which kebab or dish you would like to repeat.Its almost like answering questions for an interview,its like you forget the name and you are doomed.And the looks of the guy literally tells you something like "Dont you dare ask for a repeat".Another place that needs to shut down immediately and stop conning people with their name is Yellow Chilli!

Any idea how much are the buffet dinners at the Park and the Westin priced at?

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 25th February 2011 at 15:39. Reason: Query added
Old 25th February 2011, 15:59   #2922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Probably this time a stapler in the fruit punch.

Quote:

Any idea how much are the buffet dinners at the Park priced at?
No buffet dinners at Park.

Breakfast at 650-AI

Lunch at 1087-AI

Sunday special brunch at 1650-AI
Old 25th February 2011, 17:17   #2923
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Last edited by bblost : 25th February 2011 at 17:44.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th February 2011, 10:10   #2924
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
i would give 1st prize to the rajasthani thali at dhola ri dhaani
I agree. Had atleast 3-4 times in Dhola Ri Dhaani in tradition style by sitting on floor. The taste, quality and price is quite good.

Quote:
I think its about time I took my mom to this restuarant as never been to this place as i usually shun veggie places.

Whats the Thali price and when do they start serving aam ras and puri?

Quote:
Went to the great kebab factory for lunch
Been there once when they opened and was not impressed with their service and food quality. Since then I have avoided them like a plague. For good kebabs, its always best to visit BBQ Nation.
Old 26th February 2011, 12:19   #2925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I think its about time I took my mom to this restuarant as never been to this place as i usually shun veggie places.

Whats the Thali price and when do they start serving aam ras and puri?
The thali is priced at INR 195 on weekdays and weekends at INR225.It is definitely VFM.The aamras starts appearing on their menus once the mango season starts,people generally call them and ask if their favourite dishes are there on the menu and then go!

On another note,was at BBQ Nation yesterday and they now have an offer called Before 8pm.Fridays to Sundays if one were to make a reservation and get to their tables before 8pm,then the rates are the weekday rates.The only thing I missed out was I did not ask them what the weekday rate was.

The weekend rate is INR 650 all inclusive.So the weekday rate must be lower than this for sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks