Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 15:35   #2161
Distinguished - BHPian

Great update on tasiest haleem in city. I am on a diet mode, so not enjoying them daily

I am dying to try out Shah Ghouse and Shadab. They both serve Haleem which is slightly thick/meaty, correctly spiced and good doses of ghee.

Thats exactly how i like my haleem
Old 17th August 2010, 19:13   #2162
Senior - BHPian

Had dinner with family on a rainy Sunday night at Sholay. Cost us only Rs 540 for 3 of us. Apart from the superb Bhatinde de Kukkad, the dry Veg Manchuria starters were delectable. The only item that got a bit spongy was the Butter naans.

HRH RR spotted us, but we did not see where he was.
Old 18th August 2010, 09:06   #2163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Had dinner with family on a rainy Sunday night at Sholay. Cost us only Rs 540 for 3 of us. Apart from the superb Bhatinde de Kukkad, the dry Veg Manchuria starters were delectable. The only item that got a bit spongy was the Butter naans.

HRH RR spotted us, but we did not see where he was.
Ah, Bathinde De Kukkad. So much talk about this dish over the last few days. Need to go there and relish this dish ASAP
Old 18th August 2010, 10:36   #2164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Ah, Bathinde De Kukkad. So much talk about this dish over the last few days. Need to go there and relish this dish ASAP
Do that but make sure not to do it if it is raining or expected to rain.
Old 19th August 2010, 00:01   #2165
Distinguished - BHPian

Me and Ani met up for a discussion at 9pm and practically did a full fledge haleem shopping ( Parcel).

We picked up a plate from each outlet and this is what we got :-

1 Plate ( Cafe Bahar)

1 Plate ( Hyline Bakery, Gunfoundry)

2 Plates ( Hotel Niagra, Hyderguda)

1 Plate ( Hardeez Bakery, Hyderguda)

I would rate Hyline as the best haleem of entire lot. Beautiful flavour and creamy meat.

Cafe Bahar was a close second according to me. But, Ani thought Bahar was the best.

Hardeez Bakery came third. Different flavour but, quite nice.

Niagara was worse than horrible. There was no meat flavour but only " Wheat" flavour. On second thoughts, i am wondering if he added any meat or was it just a wheat concoction.
Old 19th August 2010, 10:18   #2166
Senior - BHPian

Did a Sarvi Vs Pista House contest yday.and Pista House wins hands down for me, for the following reasons

1.Not a singe bone chip in the entire serving of PH as opposed to many bone chips in Sarvi's

2.Sarvi has simple messed it up by adding a half portion egg and topped with lots of dry fruits,so much so that it actually takes quite a bit of eating to actually get to the haleem.

3.On the up side,Sarvi's was spicier than PH,though I found PH to be perfect.

4.Price wise,PH is priced at 80 while Sarvi is priced at 70 &90.
Old 19th August 2010, 10:25   #2167
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
4.Price wise,PH is priced at 80 while Sarvi is priced at 70 &90.
The Sarvi haleem priced at Rs 90 contains the nuts and egg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
2.Sarvi has simple messed it up by adding a half portion egg and topped with lots of dry fruits,so much so that it actually takes quite a bit of eating to actually get to the haleem.
The one priced at 70 is just perfect for me.
I like my haleem a little spicy especially after having fasted the whole day.

I should try out the Pista House Haleem today.
Old 19th August 2010, 12:20   #2168
Senior - BHPian

My trysts with Haleem

As already stated by Avi, we had a Haleem Marathon. Of all of them, I liked the Cafe Bahar the most due to the its flavour and smooth creamy texture.

Niagara was the worst. They really need to considering the taste and the prices that they charge.

This Haleem season I have had Haleem from these places
  1. Zam Zam Bakery, Paradise - First of the season. Smooth, creamy and spicy. 3.5/5
  2. Cafe Bahar, Basheer Bagh - 4/5
  3. Hyline Bakery, Gunfoundry - 4/5
  4. Hotel Niagra, Hyderguda - 1/5
  5. Hardeez Bakery, Hyderguda - 3/5
Review that I received from a friend
  1. Bawarchi, RTC X Roads - Lots of quantity, rich but bland. Suited to foreigner's palate. 3.75 /5
  2. Dine Hill, Masab Tank - Little less quantity, spicy and very tasty. 4.5/5
Places I need to visit before the Haleem season comes to a close:
  1. Shadab
  2. Shah Ghouse
  3. Dine Hill
  4. Sarvi
  5. Pista House
Old 19th August 2010, 12:37   #2169
Senior - BHPian

Lucky Nawabs of Hyd

Milecruncher, if possible post some pics of the delicacies you try out, that would satiate some of our cravings. Otherwise reading this thread always leaves me with a watery mouth.

Spike
Old 19th August 2010, 13:32   #2170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Milecruncher, if possible post some pics of the delicacies you try out, that would satiate some of our cravings. Otherwise reading this thread always leaves me with a watery mouth.

Spike
Hyderabad during the Ramzan season becomes a NV haven and even otherwise also this place boasts of the best NV food in our country. If your a NV lover, trust me no other city can match the sheer quality, different types of NV dishes and Biryani available to satiate your hungry mind, body and soul.

Not to mention, Haleem outlets that spring up at every nook and corner of our twin cities and all hydeez get a good dose of acidity and high amounts of weight increase during these 30 days.

Reading this thread will only torture you further. Stop reading and start booking a ticket to hyderabad
Old 19th August 2010, 13:43   #2171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Spike
Quote:

Reading this thread will only torture you further. Stop reading and start booking a ticket to hyderabad
Well said Avi!

Pratheesh, this is the season. Book your tickets fast.Better still, get an official trip approved for interaction with Hydeez Jeepers (Most of them are connoisseurs of good food and gala time)
Old 19th August 2010, 15:22   #2172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hyderabad during the Ramzan season becomes a NV haven and even otherwise also this place boasts of the best NV food in our country. If your a NV lover, trust me no other city can match the sheer quality, different types of NV dishes and Biryani available to satiate your hungry mind, body and soul.

Not to mention, Haleem outlets that spring up at every nook and corner of our twin cities and all hydeez get a good dose of acidity and high amounts of weight increase during these 30 days.

Hmm, few months back when I was in Hyderabad, I got some idea about the Hyderabad taste buds, didn't know it becomes a paradise during Ramzan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Well said Avi!

Pratheesh, this is the season. Book your tickets fast.Better still, get an official trip approved for interaction with Hydeez Jeepers (Most of them are connoisseurs of good food and gala time)
Will have to act fast now

Spike
Old 19th August 2010, 16:14   #2173
BHPian

Quote:
Otherwise reading this thread always leaves me with a watery mouth.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Saving grace for those who cannot be in Hyderabad but do not want to miss the Haleem.

Visit Gati->GatieShop and book your haleem (from Pista House) and get delivery at your place at most places in India.

Mind you, it is not the same as the fun of visiting Pista House and eating right there but it is pretty close.

Now back to picking bones from haleem ... I got 3 pieces of rib bones (champ ki haddi) in my Pista House haleem apart from another 7 tooth sized bones though none of them got stuck in my teeth.
Old 20th August 2010, 13:05   #2174
BHPian

btw...any other special dishes to try out during Ramzaan apart from Haleem...
Nihari etc ? & any recommendations on where ?
Old 20th August 2010, 13:46   #2175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
btw...any other special dishes to try out during Ramzaan apart from Haleem...
Nihari etc ? & any recommendations on where ?
Shadaab restaurent and hotel Nayaab are the best joints for nihari in Hyderabad.(old city)

Nihari in Hyderabad is little different than what you get at Kallu ustaad or Haji Noora in Delhi.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 20th August 2010 at 13:47. Reason: Edit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks