Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2009, 09:29   #571
BHPian

The International (3/5)

Can watch once for the good camera work and sound editing in parts. Coincidentally, it has the same actor as Shoot Em Up, but in an exactly opposite role - an Interpol investigator who is more into intelligence collating rather than action!
Old 16th June 2009, 11:52   #572
BHPian

Yesterday saw an old (supposed to be) horror movie :The grudge". it was just ok, not much of horror except for some loud screamings from the ghosts. Rating - 3/5
Old 16th June 2009, 14:23   #573
BHPian

I happened to see "The Godfather" few days back again after about 14-15yrs,liked it so much once again.
I also saw GF2, excellent movie but unfortunately it has to be compared to previous version.

Have seen the half of GF3,its nowhere close to 1st two.May be Robert Duvall is missing here!
Old 16th June 2009, 14:47   #574
Distinguished - BHPian

Mongol

Even though this movie was not in English, it had English subtitles. The entire movie was made in Mongolian.

Directed by Sergei Bodrov, a russian production - it has honestly been a long time before a movie knocked the wind out of me. A true epic.

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-mongol2.jpg

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-mongol_poster.jpg

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-mongol01.jpg

The movie is about the life of Gengis Khan, before he became Gengis Khan. An extraordinary and tender look at a man that has been called a ruthless barbarian by history.

I loved it. Extraordinary art direction, some of the shots are living paintings and the performances are outstanding.

Make sure you have the english subtitles on. If downloading the movie make sure you get the right .sub or .srt files.
Old 16th June 2009, 16:47   #575
BHPian

Looks like this movie is going to have spectacular visuals. Will hunt for at least a 720 rip.
Old 16th June 2009, 16:59   #576
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Looks like this movie is going to have spectacular visuals.
Spectacular is an understatement.
Old 16th June 2009, 17:27   #577
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to the travel to US via British Airways, I could watch the following movies:

The International: 3/5. Was an OK kind of movie, no great shakes.

The Orphanage: 3.5/5. This was the Spanish movie, with English sub-titles. The movie develops good plot, till the end, where you actually had expected more out of it. It is all about talking to dead people and trying to decipher their signals. Interesting stuf though.

Taken: 3.5/5. Action packed movie. But, at the end, it still leaves you wanted.

After not being satisfied with all these movies, I went back to the tried and seen-for-the-tenth-time movie, "Life is Beautiful" from the movie libraries.

Life is Beautiful: 4.5/5. I have seen it for maybe 10 times, but it still does not fail to amaze me. Excellent movie, so full of life. It makes you laugh and cry at the same time, and admire the never-say-die attitude displayed by the character played by the lead actor.
Old 16th June 2009, 17:34   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
After not being satisfied with all these movies, I went back to the tried and seen-for-the-tenth-time movie, "Life is Beautiful" from the movie libraries.

Life is Beautiful: 4.5/5. I have seen it for maybe 10 times, but it still does not fail to amaze me. Excellent movie, so full of life. It makes you laugh and cry at the same time, and admire the never-say-die attitude displayed by the character played by the lead actor.
True, it is hard to control your emotion when the son says "This is the sacrifice my father made for me. "

Wonderful movie.
Old 16th June 2009, 17:39   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Same here. Great movie & a wonderful family.
Old 16th June 2009, 20:47   #580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
Yesterday saw an old (supposed to be) horror movie :The grudge". it was just ok, not much of horror except for some loud screamings from the ghosts. Rating - 3/5
Just about an average flick, correctly said about the noise part. Has 2 more parts, if you care to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Even though this movie was not in English, it had English subtitles. The entire movie was made in Mongolian.

Directed by Sergei Bodrov, a russian production - it has honestly been a long time before a movie knocked the wind out of me. A true epic.

The movie is about the life of Gengis Khan, before he became Gengis Khan. An extraordinary and tender look at a man that has been called a ruthless barbarian by history.

I loved it. Extraordinary art direction, some of the shots are living paintings and the performances are outstanding.
Indeed, great movie. However barbaric he might have been, what he went through wasn't any less. Truly, emotions don't need a language, you can feel every scene!!
Old 16th June 2009, 21:00   #581
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Roberto Benigni is the actor. All of his movies are good the funny and lovable character he is.

This movies deserves 5/5
Old 16th June 2009, 21:24   #582
Senior - BHPian

watched two documentary back to back last week end. A must watch, i must say.

1. The War on Democracy
2. The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
Old 16th June 2009, 23:49   #583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Eagle Eyes: 3/5

A Paper Copier Associate (? god! these americans, they have a profile for each crap job) has a twin who is a wow at army intell. This twin gets killed or so and then the naive hero copier associate gets 1) loads of money transferred into his other while zero balance account and 2) loads of ammo and army stuff couried into this small aparment one fine day!

He get a phone from a lady asking him to escape in 19 seconds if he doesnt want to get caught; dude is so stunned and yes get caught by Billy. He gets another phone call from the same lady and helps his escape from police custody. He gets another phone call which asks him to do something else in another few seconds/minutes!

Few blocks away; our heroine get a phone saying her kid is kidnapped and she has this many seconds to do this many stuff. And so on.

These two blokes meet and then more chaos ! more phone calls. I was bit surprised on the time keeping factor of the telephone caller and also how she tracks our hero/heroine !

Nice film. Can I say that this film is linked to the Terminator series in one way?
Checked out "Eagle Eye" It's pretty good thriller and will keep you on the edge of the seat. But, it is full of electronic device usage that we can only dream of. I must say, Americans movie makers are indeed quite creative.

Dont really bring your mind into the picture but just sit back and enjoy some of the typical hollywood action thriller. Well shot and quite gripping.

3.5/5
Old 17th June 2009, 03:54   #584
Senior - BHPian

crank - 4.5/5

just saw it yesterday

the concept behind "Crank" being the need for speed (seriously), the movie made of all-action, little-plot actually works. And works well.

its an out and out action movie. it's fast, its thrilling, its filled with guns, car chases, humor, Amy Smart and last but not the least Jason Statham who delivers the only thing he knows how to deliver, superb a** kicking.

its similar to a video game with next level sequence and all that stuff.

a must watch for those who needs dose of action.

my next target, Crank 2 - High Voltage.
Old 17th June 2009, 07:37   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
my next target, Crank 2 - High Voltage.
Phalees watch it alone. It could be very very embarrassing to watch it with family, like I found out. Fast movie with topless ladies running around and then the infamous race track seen where only horses should have been ridden. Pah!
My father to my younger brother: "Iysi cheeze kyun laatein ho beta?"
My bro looked at me with clenched fist almost saying "Any more bright ideas a**boy?"
Thank God Mom was not home, else all 3 would have been kicked out of the house.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks