Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2009, 16:51   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
don maharaj -- they were busy ogling at the girl
so was I

Quote:
and who stays back to see the end credits?
And ogling was the reason I stayed back and watched the end credits.
Old 6th August 2009, 17:20   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
I saw the 'love aaj kal' and found it to be a nice movie. I would rate it 3.75/5.

And those of you still confused just look up wikipedia Love Aaj Kal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas8700 View Post
love aaj kal. in one word kachada and tallipoli and udaayippu movie.

rating 1/5( just for the past story thats all ) better miss it.

and by the way whats the film supposed to convey to us.? we should follow indian culture or hook up with whom ever you can, dont fall in love. then go for job there you play, eat the same silly sandwich and play the same videogame over and over again. make a mess out of ourselfs. this part is for the boys.
for the girls. marry a guy! on the same day meet up with your ex in private! , then after some time divorce and then live in hope that your true love will come back to you. jesus.

currently watching luck . its better than love aaj kal. thats all i can say.
everyone has thrown in average performance. and the story aint that predictable.
rating 3/5 worth a watch in theatre or in dvd. thats about it.
I liked the film I guess the films works for some people.
3/5 :P

Loved 2 songs.

You guys dont like Saif's car?
Old 8th August 2009, 00:31   #273
BHPian

Just came back after watching Love Aaj Kal ..If you want to plan for a movie with your wife or girl friend then this is the one .......

Saif is good .. Deepika is good but in the dance scenes ( other than the last song) she looked very uncomfortable ... As some one earlier said Saif really did not do justice to a Sardar's character .. But I am satisfied with the movie .. Especially the later half ...

My verdict 3.5/5

Go watch this movie and enjoy with a cup of black coffee without sugar ......
Old 8th August 2009, 04:37   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Didn't you fellas see the end credits ?? What's wrong with you buggers ?

Gissele Monteiro was mentioned ! Go and watch the movie again.

You guys don't deserve to watch movies
whoa, should i make another trip of 150 miles just to watch her name at the end of credits?
did the credit mention her original name against the screen name? i didn't see it that's why asking. else how are we suppose to know that the punjabi girl has that name?

i walked out of theater as soon as the song started. awesome song(ahuun ahuun) ruined by crappy choreography.

Last edited by chevelle : 8th August 2009 at 04:38.
Old 8th August 2009, 09:52   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess mine is the first review here on " Agyaat" watched it in theatre last night. I went because i love this genre, but oh boy ! was it a mistake?

It's a story about an all-dumb film crew ( including the producer..LOL) going into some deep jungles to shoot and how one after the other keep dying from an unseen force.

This movie is no-doubt inspired from one of my all time favorite movie Predator but it ain't even 1% close. It could have been a fantastic thriller if RGV hadn't been smoking what he was while making this movie.

With respects to acting, you and me could have done a better job. Every damn one of them is wooden and expression is a word they never heard. This movie is far from being scary. Best part of the movie it's less than 2 hours.

That's it, i have lost faith in RGV, looks like he has gone total loony from all that smoking and to make a movie like this and expect it to do well. Now, my equation for his movies are simple.

RGV=Faith=0

1/5 ( Purely for Priyanka Kothari---she is definetly sizzling hot !!!!)
Old 8th August 2009, 10:02   #276
Senior - BHPian

LOVE AAJKAL -

This movie had a mixed bag of reviews with news papers giving it 3 & 4 stars out of 5 and our in house NC giving it a 2.5/5 and then a few others also around the same.

So went with not much in mind. Movie started and I started liking it. I thought the movie was a good one with some really nice scenes like the one where Saif Is shown as a Sardarji back in the 50's and the scene where the Tea is brought to him by Harleen - very sweet.

Deepika is the girl next door looks BUT definetely knows her acting. Saif is Saif.

Imtiaz Ali has not dissappointed and lives up to his Jab we Met fame.

His standard Train affair continues here as well - remember Jab we met and all the train scenes, well there it is here as well

Absolutely brilliantly shown London & SF & Delhi.

The last scene is quite nice and does bring a smile to your face ( the last 5 minutes )

Overall- 3.5 / 5 .

A Must watch.
Old 8th August 2009, 10:31   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
did the credit mention her original name against the screen name? i didn't see it that's why asking. else how are we suppose to know that the punjabi girl has that name?
No - only the original name was shown. And it's simple - why would just one name be shown as "introducing" in the end credits ?
Quote:
ruined by crappy choreography.
More due to Saif's crappy dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post

Deepika is the girl next door looks BUT definetely knows her acting. Saif is Saif.
You are joking, right ?
Old 14th August 2009, 18:38   #278
BHPian

kissi K****** ne kaminey dekhi hai. guys anybody with a review .i think with this extended weekend it will be tough to get tickets
Old 14th August 2009, 20:44   #279
Senior - BHPian

My family went this morning for KAMINEY and they sort of had mixed reviews.

Just asked them in short and they said no sense to the movie and it's all spilled over except for a few good comic funny scenes.

BUT - That's the Ladies review - I do not know whether they would like a Vishal Bhardwaj movie.

I might go tommorrow and watch it.

BTW some channel gave it 4 stars !!

Last edited by vkochar : 14th August 2009 at 20:51.
Old 14th August 2009, 23:07   #280
Team-BHP Support

Love Aaj Kal !!

Me and my wife's rating is almost 4 stars

+es
- Brilliant Music
- Beaaautiful Gals
- Very intelligent direction
- does not drag at all (2.2o min movie)

-es
- Saif - Looked jaded in the cool role and artificial in the Sardarji role
Old 15th August 2009, 00:33   #281
BHPian

Saw Kaminey today, movie finishes very quickly, just one single plot around which movie revolves. Shahid Kapoor has really acted well, has matured a lot as an actor.
Ok for a one time watch.
Old 15th August 2009, 02:59   #282
BHPian

I saw Kaminey today and totally loved it. I've liked all Vishal's movies so far and hence could not hold myself back. I went for the First Day First Show!!

Verdict: Well I loved it!! Its gives you an impression of being inspired by Tarantino/Guy Ritchie type movies and personally couldn't help thinking and comparing it to Locked Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels (by Guy Ritchie) myself. It is in that league for me

It is not your average Bollywood masala movies, although it has good songs (and above all DHAN TE NAN). If someone enjoy the song dance masala with added flavour of Love-Stories or Comedies, they will find this movies Lacking at a lot of places. But if you are like me and love the over top or crazy movies which keep you intrigued till the end, then this one is for you!! Enjoy...

S**la, aife aife kaife ho jaata hai, aur kaife kaife aife ho jaat hai!
Old 16th August 2009, 00:52   #283
Senior - BHPian

Watched Kaminey in the evening and must say it's superbly made!

Fahid Kapoor if Fuperb and fo if Vifal Bharadwaj'f work!

It's good to see Hindi movies that are different from the regular run of the mill. This is the second Hindi movie, this year, that makes an impression for being different and good. The first being Gulaal!

Last edited by safari_lover : 16th August 2009 at 00:54.
Old 16th August 2009, 12:33   #284
Team-BHP Support

Not in the mood to write a detailed review, but saw Kaminey late last night. Average movie, good and bad in parts. I will give it 2.5 stars
Old 16th August 2009, 17:23   #285
BHPian

Thanks to 9x channel I got the opportunity to watch "Bose, the Forgotten Hero" by Shyam Benegal in the afternoon of the Independence day. I would like to classify this one as an epic among the Indian movies made till now. Sachin Khedekar in the lead role of Netaji was quite convincing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks