Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 15:28   #286
Senior - BHPian

Kaminey-
Liked it for a one time watch. Shahid has worked hard for this role and it shows.
Rating - 3/5
Old 17th August 2009, 15:41   #287
Senior - BHPian

So here is my review on Kaniney,

Average story line, these kind of plots has been experimented in bollywood quite often. usually with twins one has to be good and other has to be evil. Nothing special about this story line as well. Shahid has acted very well.

+ves: The movie is nicely shot, the locations are ver natural. The characters are very well chosen. The background scores are great, the songs are great. The chemistry between the couple is amazing. The story though the same old bollywood ram shyam stuff has a flow. The villans are potreyed well. Has touched a lot of vulnerable stuff like adult sex, Racial discrimination in bombay (sorry mumbai), Drug lords and police nexus etc. The cinematography is great. cameras are well placed. They have worked well on composing each shot. attention to detail quite is evident.

_ves: The movie turns predictable the moment Charlie is caught on cctv cameras. Actions sequences are not very impressive. The biggest drawback is that all the villans speak regional language and without subtitles it is impossible to understand and luckly there are none, so vishal knew, its gonna be ok anyways LOL. The climax reminds be of the sharukh movie duplicate. There was no need to add special hadicaps to both the brothers. The scene where guddu is interogated is so dragging its as if the time has frozen.

But all in all the movie is a good entertainer. its good for a one time watch. I would give it a 2/5 but its surly going to get the producers their money with some profit, but i doubt it will be a blockbuster.

Pramod
Old 17th August 2009, 16:12   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Kaminey--Saw this movie in theatre yesterday.

I have a mix feeling about this movie. Good acting by Shahid, lovely music and well-shot showing the seedy side of mumbai but too much of regional language ( though i speak and understand marathi) with no explanation or subtitles makes you feel the director is being rude with you.

And, it's certainly not a movie for family ( mom slept through most of it) and is one-time watch for its hatke experience.

I totally loved that Dhan tana song, paisa vasool song. Having said that, I cannot watch it again and if someone gives it a miss, they won't be missing much.

2.5/5
Old 17th August 2009, 17:42   #289
Senior - BHPian

kaminey was a decent movie (my opinion of a decent movie is time-pass, without having to look at the watch or go out to the loo). Music was good. Only negatives: somewhat confusing, and cinematography was dark (could not make out the entire action). Overall, a refreshing change from the usual new York/Europe/Ranbir Kapoor/Karan Johar style.

Saw it on the weekend. It was houseful. Could be because of the weekend, but could be also because of generally positive reviews. Saw Kal Aaj Kal, and found Kaminey to be more to my liking.

Last edited by vasudeva : 17th August 2009 at 17:45.
Old 17th August 2009, 17:49   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Thanks to 9x channel I got the opportunity to watch "Bose, the Forgotten Hero" by Shyam Benegal in the afternoon of the Independence day. I would like to classify this one as an epic among the Indian movies made till now. Sachin Khedekar in the lead role of Netaji was quite convincing.
I agree. I watched that movie too. Sachin has done justice to Netaji's role. Wonder why I missed it earlier!
Old 18th August 2009, 14:32   #291
Senior - BHPian

I've also watched Kaminey last Sunday. Initial build up phase was bit boring and slow but after that the movie really picks up. It's of the similar genre as Johnny Gaddar. Enjoyed the movie after the actual things start and it's quite gripping. And I actually loved the last action scene. Specially the low camera angle of the gun fight. I would rate the movie as 3.5/5 . One negative thing I would add are the songs, can we(indian movies) move on from the song sequences?
Slightly off topic, about the cinema hall, watched it in Urvashi and the place was stinking like a train compartment. They should clean the place properly. I should've got a mask, would've served dual purpose with the swine flu thing going on ;-)
Old 18th August 2009, 14:36   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
I've also watched Kaminey last Sunday. Initial build up phase was bit boring and slow but after that the movie really picks up. It's of the similar genre as Johnny Gaddar
Agree it is similar genre of Johnny Gaddar.

But, I liked JG much better than Kaminey, it was a clean movie with lovely twists and it is very evident that JG was inspired from one of the James Hadley Chase Novel.

Only downside of JG was it was made to simply and no fancy shooting style
Old 18th August 2009, 14:51   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Agree it is similar genre of Johnny Gaddar.

But, I liked JG much better than Kaminey, it was a clean movie with lovely twists and it is very evident that JG was inspired from one of the James Hadley Chase Novel.

Only downside of JG was it was made to simply and no fancy shooting style
Even I liked Johnny Gaddar more than Kaminey. Kaminey was kind of predictable at many a times.

BTW, watched LOC also last weekend. I just wanted to compare a Indian war movie to the hollywood ones(specially A Bridge too far as there are some similarities regarding a big scale war theater). And I was totally let down by the execution of this movie. I wish that the director had cut out all the sentimental stuffs about the wives/lovers and instead concentrate more on the war. It was really dragging to watch a 10 minute long song in the middle of a war scene. If he wanted to show a romantic angle then better take a small story(probably just on of the war hero, like Lakshya, although it's fictitious) and build up on it.
Old 21st August 2009, 16:35   #294
Senior - BHPian

Get ready to watch Bollywood butcher the movie - "Death at a Funeral" - with a remake called "Daddy Cool " :(

Just watching the promos and the actors who are in the movie makes me cringe. And to top it, the makers bought the popular Boney-M song "Daddy Cool" and Raghav Sachar has absolutely killed the song with his version.

Also if any one has watched the promos of the movie - Kissan - the back ground track from "The Dark Knight" is pretty prominent.
Old 21st August 2009, 16:43   #295
Senior - BHPian

Been seeing the trailers of one of Akshay Kumar's new movies (another one produced to show off his stunting prowess). The promo seems to have sequences picked up from Torque, Matrix and Biker Boyz. Akshay seems to be catching up on all the stunts he ever wanted to do and cramming them into movies with hardly any story lines.

Anyone know the name of this movie?
Old 21st August 2009, 16:47   #296
Senior - BHPian

BLUE it is Sammy boy. Also stars Sanju Baba and a HOT HOT Lara Dutta and the very very stupid and idiotic Zayed Khan.

And it's also ripped off form that Patrick Swayze underwater movie....I forgot the name.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 21st August 2009 at 16:49.
Old 21st August 2009, 16:49   #297
Senior - BHPian

Lol, I was sure the King of movies would know the answer. Yeah, thats it BLUE
Thanks NC.
Old 21st August 2009, 17:18   #298
Senior - BHPian

No movies getting released in Pune because of Swine Flu
Old 21st August 2009, 19:22   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
No movies getting released in Pune because of Swine Flu
We are lucky then to see G.I.Joe tomm
Old 23rd August 2009, 01:37   #300
BHPian

i feel kaminey is much better than love aaj kal.
the plot in love aaj kal is too jumbled up and the heroine divorcing her hubby the next day after wedding for her ex lover just couldnt convince me.music by pritam is not lifted for a change.
in contrast kaminey has a new story,a better plot and a superb shahid kapoor.Iv developed tremondous respect for this fabulous actor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks