Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2009, 23:38   #436
BHPian

well i saw Blue (or Into the Blue ka copy) today - and its a well made movie with all the stunts and underwater shots and all - really does look like they've spent a lot of money.
However thats pretty much it - watch it only for the locales,stunts, underwater beauty ;-) (fishes and coral reefs i mean)
2.5/5
Old 19th October 2009, 01:08   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
warning - please avoid 'main and mrs khanna' at all costs - 1/5
What do you mean 1/5. The movie deserves full marks i.e (-)5/5.
Statutory Warning The movie is about Sohail, for Sohail and by Sohail,
Slaman is supporting cast and Kareena floats around in her near zero size figure. Bappi Da proves again he is a multi talented man with the best acting, Nauheed Cyrasi looks hot as ever but is wasted.
I am seriously considering moving down under after watching the house that Raina a.k.a Kareena can afford to rent on her salary as a shop attendant.
The best part was the after movie dinner with extended family, honest!
Old 20th October 2009, 17:34   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Wake Up Sid:-

Saw Wake Up sid over last weekend. The story was quite predictable, i mean if u see the trailer of 20 secs , you ve almost seen the whole movie! Ranbir does suit the role very well. Indeed very good acting from him. Apart from this nothing much to write about. I would give it a time pass watch , but definitely not more than one time watch.

Verdict : 3/5
+1.
Exactly my thoughts.
Saw it this sunday and rating is same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Blue

The most expensive film in Bollywood to be made (apparently) is a complete downer. The movie is all about 2 friends and a younger bro of one friends who gets into trouble with the mafia. The only way the debt can be paid back is by finding a treasure that's lying in a drowned ship but the elder bro has some past with the treasure.....and then there is a twist.

Sanjay Dutt looks bored, Akshay has done this a thousand times, Katrina Kaif is wasted and Zayed Khan is his usual useless self. The screen comes sizzling to life with Lara Dutta but sadly she has only that one sensual song and a couple of totally idiotic dialogues :(

The story is a mish mash but the screenplay is pathetic. I have to say though the cinematography is absolutely wonderful and the under water scenes are superbly shot. The action scenes are well executed but the Torque rip off chase had me in splits. Also the twist in the tale is sooooo lame and the heroes find the treasure so calmly and easily - it's unbelievable .

Verdict - 1.5/5. Avoid at any cost.
+1.
Exactly my thoughts.
Saw it this sunday and my rating is diff = -5/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I saw the trailer and I feel it looks like another flop from Akshay. And with Priyadrarshan directing, the climax will surely have people running after each other (at least that's what I felt after watching the trailer).
I had taken a pledge to avoid watching Akshay and Sanjay's movies now on.
Also Priyadarshan is just repeating stuff in all his movies now so avoidable as well.

Somehow i feel it would be best to avoid watching hindi movies altogether and stick to english movies only
Old 20th October 2009, 20:00   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
+1.
Exactly my thoughts.
Saw it this sunday and rating is same.

+1.
Exactly my thoughts.
Saw it this sunday and my rating is diff = -5/5

I had taken a pledge to avoid watching Akshay and Sanjay's movies now on.
Also Priyadarshan is just repeating stuff in all his movies now so avoidable as well.

Somehow i feel it would be best to avoid watching hindi movies altogether and stick to english movies only
And to think of it, I got the platinum lounge booked for watching such crap. I have made a pledge now to read reviews on TBHP and then get any movie tickets booked. The only solace I had was that I had a nice relaxing time and good Indian dinner while half-sleeping my way throughout the 2.5 hours
Old 22nd October 2009, 14:53   #440
Senior - BHPian

Blue

Happened to watch Blue (on a DVD), movie finished in flat 1 hour thanks to the fast forward button.
Zayed Khan is hilarious, one moment he is a bad biker boy with loads of attitude, next moment he is a meek cat with his tail between his legs. I guess he has shown all the emotions he is capable of

Sanjay Dutt has started looking really old and fat, age is catching up with Sanju baba.
Akshay is all style and stunts, I am sure he would have been happy working in the movie.

Lara - I dont know what she was supposed to do in the movie.
edit: Oh Katrina is also there in a "blink and you miss her" role

Verdict- 1/5 . Only watch it if you get a DVD.

Oh by the way Mr and Mrs Khanna is already available on the Tatasky Showcase for Rs 150. Will watch it once the price comes to 75 or below

Last edited by sammyboy : 22nd October 2009 at 14:55.
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:12   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Blue

Happened to watch Blue (on a DVD), movie finished in flat 1 hour thanks to the fast forward button.
Zayed Khan is hilarious, one moment he is a bad biker boy with loads of attitude, next moment he is a meek cat with his tail between his legs. I guess he has shown all the emotions he is capable of

Sanjay Dutt has started looking really old and fat, age is catching up with Sanju baba.
Akshay is all style and stunts, I am sure he would have been happy working in the movie.

Oh by the way Mr and Mrs Khanna is already available on the Tatasky Showcase for Rs 150. Will watch it once the price comes to 75 or below
Despite reading several warning reviews i have been planning to see Blue in a theatre. Now i am thinking again but the promos,underwater scenes and more importantly Lara is enticing me to see it

Tell me one thing for how long is Lara's role in the movie, maybe my decision will depend on the length of her role

Btw, i dont see any reviews on " All the Best". Any news on that front?
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:26   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Going by the reviews I heard for that movie, all I can say is, "ALL THE BEST" if you plan to watch it!
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:34   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Despite reading several warning reviews i have been planning to see Blue in a theatre. Now i am thinking again but the promos,underwater scenes and more importantly Lara is enticing me to see it

Tell me one thing for how long is Lara's role in the movie, maybe my decision will depend on the length of her role

lol, well Lara looks like a bikini model in the first song
Then, the next time I remember seeing her was in another song (i think), I had forwarded all the songs. Then for a few minutes 3-4 times.

So Do NOT waste your money. Buy an original DVD when it gets released if you want, so you can watch your favorite "Scenes" time and time again
Old 22nd October 2009, 18:53   #444
Senior - BHPian

Heard 'Jail' is getting released this friday.
Worth a watch as per trailers?
Old 23rd October 2009, 01:25   #445
Senior - BHPian

Watched wake up Sid. It does not bore you but frankly this has been around for sometime so i cant rate it more than 2.5. I am being ciritical but i expected more from KJO banner
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:12   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Blue

I usually don't watch recently made bollywood movies. But happened to watch Blue with wife on hers insistence,

Why do they have to rip, scene from Hollywood movies. There is one scene ripped directly from Bad Boys 2. Can't they think of something original.

Too many plot holes. what a waste of time and money.
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:21   #447
BHPian

Watched Mission Kashmir to rewind our recent Kashmir trip. Not much of Kashmir is shown there except the Dal Lake. A few months back a little known movie Sikandar came and went. Pahalgam looked great in that.
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:55   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Watched Mission Kashmir to rewind our recent Kashmir trip. Not much of Kashmir is shown there except the Dal Lake. A few months back a little known movie Sikandar came and went. Pahalgam looked great in that.
Mission Kashmir had a superb performance from Dutt. That alone was worth a watch...
Old 23rd October 2009, 19:04   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
I usually don't watch recently made bollywood movies. But happened to watch Blue with wife on hers insistence,

Why do they have to rip, scene from Hollywood movies. There is one scene ripped directly from Bad Boys 2. Can't they think of something original.

Too many plot holes. what a waste of time and money.
lol, yeah it was a copy paste of stunts from all major english movies.
Old 23rd October 2009, 19:15   #450
Senior - BHPian

All The Best:-

The beginning part of the movie is quite boring and has the lamest jokes. But the movie picks up when Sanjay Dutt enters. Pre Interval and some part of post interval is hilarious. Ajay & Sanjay are brilliant though i would have preferred Ritesh Deshmukh for Fardeen s role. Bipasha was horrible!!

The songs are more horrible than Bipasha. I would'nt mind watching this movie once more ( not anymore after that)

Rating : 3/5

Would have given 3.5 had the starting part been better .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks