Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2009, 17:54   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Wake up Sid

I didnt find the movie anything great. Predictable storyline and not too much for the cast to show in terms of acting skills too.

Its a classic case of 'A man with one eye is a king amongst the blind'. No decent movies to watch so people will settle for this one.

verdict 3/5
Finally someone who agrees with me including the rating. I wanted to give 2.5/5 but, then i was in a generous mood
Old 16th October 2009, 15:25   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Waiting for reviews of three big banners that have released today.

Blue/All the Best/ Main aurr Mrs. Khanna
Old 16th October 2009, 15:26   #423
Team-BHP Support

Blue has tashan like reviews on the net !
Old 16th October 2009, 20:04   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Blue has tashan like reviews on the net !

Yup, looks like it is gonna be a 5 star review(collectively from all the sites together )

Sigh ! Am forced to watch this for the sake of Lara...
Old 16th October 2009, 20:20   #425
Senior - BHPian

Wake Up Sid:-

Saw Wake Up sid over last weekend. The story was quite predictable, i mean if u see the trailer of 20 secs , you ve almost seen the whole movie! Ranbir does suit the role very well. Indeed very good acting from him. Apart from this nothing much to write about. I would give it a time pass watch , but definitely not more than one time watch.

Verdict : 3/5
Old 17th October 2009, 00:10   #426
Senior - BHPian

All The Best

I went in expecting a repeat of Golmaal Returns. The movie is similar to Golmaal Returns.

This is about 2 good for nothing friends Ajay and Fardeen, lying to Fardeen's brother Sanjay Dutt to get some pocket money for themselves and their gf's. The surprise is when the brother lands up at the home and thrown in with a few comic characters like a goon played by Johnny Lever etc.

I founf a few jokes to be tired but overall the comic timing fo all 3 lead actors was superb - Ajay Devgan rocks and Sanjay Dutt is competent while Fardeen has improved in the comic scenes. Bipasha Basu is wasted while Mugdha Godse is AWFUL !

The songs suck and the only 2 action scenes are tiresome.

Verdict - 3.5 / 5.
It's a loony, no brains required, OTT, silly humour - I loved it. I would say you guys catch it too.
Old 17th October 2009, 12:25   #427
Senior - BHPian

I've heard all the three Diwali releases are complete downers. So Gautam havent you seen Balooo yet?
Old 17th October 2009, 20:40   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
All The Best

I went in expecting a repeat of Golmaal Returns. The movie is similar to Golmaal Returns.

Verdict - 3.5 / 5. It's a loony, no brains required, OTT, silly humour - I loved it. I would say you guys catch it too.
well timed review. I was waiting for somebody's opinion on the movie. Now its time i head out to PVR.

Thanks NC
Old 17th October 2009, 21:25   #429
Senior - BHPian

Blue

The most expensive film in Bollywood to be made (apparently) is a complete downer. The movie is all about 2 friends and a younger bro of one friends who gets into trouble with the mafia. The only way the debt can be paid back is by finding a treasure that's lying in a drowned ship but the elder bro has some past with the treasure.....and then there is a twist.

Sanjay Dutt looks bored, Akshay has done this a thousand times, Katrina Kaif is wasted and Zayed Khan is his usual useless self. The screen comes sizzling to life with Lara Dutta but sadly she has only that one sensual song and a couple of totally idiotic dialogues :(

The story is a mish mash but the screenplay is pathetic. I have to say though the cinematography is absolutely wonderful and the under water scenes are superbly shot. The action scenes are well executed but the Torque rip off chase had me in splits. Also the twist in the tale is sooooo lame and the heroes find the treasure so calmly and easily - it's unbelievable .

Verdict - 1.5/5. Avoid at any cost.
Old 17th October 2009, 23:20   #430
BHPian

warning - please avoid 'main and mrs khanna' at all costs - 1/5
Old 18th October 2009, 10:27   #431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Blue

The most expensive film in Bollywood to be made (apparently) is a complete downer. The movie is all about 2 friends and a younger bro of one friends who gets into trouble with the mafia. The only way the debt can be paid back is by finding a treasure that's lying in a drowned ship but the elder bro has some past with the treasure.....and then there is a twist.

Sanjay Dutt looks bored, Akshay has done this a thousand times, Katrina Kaif is wasted and Zayed Khan is his usual useless self. The screen comes sizzling to life with Lara Dutta but sadly she has only that one sensual song and a couple of totally idiotic dialogues :(

The story is a mish mash but the screenplay is pathetic. I have to say though the cinematography is absolutely wonderful and the under water scenes are superbly shot. The action scenes are well executed but the Torque rip off chase had me in splits. Also the twist in the tale is sooooo lame and the heroes find the treasure so calmly and easily - it's unbelievable .

Verdict - 1.5/5. Avoid at any cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
warning - please avoid 'main and mrs khanna' at all costs - 1/5
Thanks NC and Jassi. I was waiting for these reviews and i had a gut feeling and going by history, all high publicized movies are always a disaster.
Old 18th October 2009, 21:10   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Blue

Thanks for the review. It so much sounded like Paul walker (of fast & furious fame) starer "Into the Blue" . Can't they think of something original. Even copying the Title. .
Old 18th October 2009, 21:55   #433
Team-BHP Support

When will Akshay Kumar finally deliver a good movie ? All his latest ones have been totally waste !

What do you guys think about de dana dan ?
Old 18th October 2009, 22:09   #434
Senior - BHPian

Main Aur Mrs. Khanna!

Review:
I reclined to almost 180 degrees at INOX and slept throughout the movie! I take a vow to never watch a Sohail Khan production again!
First it was Kisaan & now this!
Old 18th October 2009, 22:13   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
What do you guys think about de dana dan ?
I saw the trailer and I feel it looks like another flop from Akshay. And with Priyadrarshan directing, the climax will surely have people running after each other (at least that's what I felt after watching the trailer).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks