Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 18:52   #586
Senior - BHPian

Saw 3 idiots yesterday here.Loved this movie although some parts of the movie felt quiet boring to Me though .
Old 7th January 2010, 01:10   #587
BHPian

Are you guys talking about this video?

Old 7th January 2010, 01:51   #588
Senior - BHPian

Saw 3 idiots after reading all the reviews here. I dont know how to describe my feelings. Its the best film in the last couple of years. Aamir Khan manages the role so easily but I didnt like Madhavan much. Which stupid producer made Akshay Kumar the costliest star in India? Its Aamir who deserves that title.
Old 7th January 2010, 02:03   #589
Senior - BHPian

watched 3 idiots on the big screen.
Great movie kinda on the same lines of Rang De Basanti but even better.

Very intelligent movie...Aamir & Raju Hirani make everyone else in Bollywood look like idiots.

The only aggravating thing for me was the men frequently dropping pants and slapping their own bottoms.

Last edited by Mpower : 7th January 2010 at 02:04.
Old 7th January 2010, 21:22   #590
vsh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
watched 3 idiots on the big screen.
Great movie kinda on the same lines of Rang De Basanti but even better.

Very intelligent movie...Aamir & Raju Hirani make everyone else in Bollywood look like idiots.

The only aggravating thing for me was the men frequently dropping pants and slapping their own bottoms.
great, rang de basanti tops my favourite list so far
i have not seen 3i yet, now very eager whether it trounces rdb?
Old 7th January 2010, 23:33   #591
Senior - BHPian

^^^^^^^^^
You should watch it. and you will not regret it.

the attention to details is worth watching.

I must say a very beautifully made movie, after a long time from bollywood stable.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:09   #592
Senior - BHPian

3IDIOTS:

Well, its a nice dream movie. Found nothing good in it, just raising the bar for idealism.

I have faced the education system back in 2002 when my exams were postponed due to riots. During my exam, supplimentaries were in short for Maths paper. I was promised extra time and supplimentary. I got none of them.

Lost 20 straight marks for Q5 in that paper. That question was based on " Constructions ".

Next in 12th, I have sufficient experience. Too long to be mentioned. Even today I can challenge anyone to prove me wrong, but I dont have resources.

In college, if server doesnt work and if they lose data, still we get low marks and KT. What can I do, fight system ? Even tried that, only to lose marks later on.

Recently GCET case. I was not informed about second reschedule, yes second reschedule. First the so called authorities and officials said I did not give phone number. I had photocopy of form in which I had mentioned phone number. Was made to stand for 4 hours before exam was specially conducted for three persons. Whom to blame ? I am supposed to fight system ?

The main difference is what is explained in Principle room. Rs. 2.5 cr monthly income or Rs. 25K monthly income.

A pathetic movie that has no resemblence with reality. Its for rich, not for high tax paying salaried class. I am feeling bad for myself after watching movie.
Old 8th January 2010, 13:17   #593
BHPian

Watched 3 Idiots last weekend.
I did not understood the hype around the movie. This is a average kind of movie. I didn't found anything great in the movie.

In the ragging scene, in a engineering college hostel juniors make fun of seniors and seniors just see. Any guy who have spend time in a hostel and especially of a engineering college can relate to what I am talking about.

Amir khan's character was showing so much maturity which is way beyond of a 18-19yrs old engineering college student.

Amir Khan was teasing the dean at every possible moment.

Delivering a baby with a vacuum cleaner.

Driving a Volvo XC90 in a foreign look a like location to reach leh.

All these things are too minor for many people. May be it is just me who didn't like it that much.
I thought too logically for a movie but I was expecting more from Amir Khan.

Last edited by smooth : 8th January 2010 at 13:18.
Old 8th January 2010, 16:41   #594
Distinguished - BHPian

3 Idiots.....

Watched it last night. Since i have not read FPS, I simply loved the movie.

This is a fine example of great story telling and VVC and RH have the knack of making you cry and laugh at the same time which is not an easy skill similar to Munnabhai series.

Aamir was outstanding in the movie. Madhavan was i felt a mis-cast. Sharman Joshi was just above average. The tamilian guy also acted brilliantly

Boman Irani again excelled in a role that he played flawlessly.

This movie brought back memories of my recent holiday in Himachal and having travelled close to 2.5K within Himachal i never found roads as good ( including the yellow divider line) as shown in it. I drove through that tunnel ( twice) in my trip.

I laughed my guts out in one particular scene, where they submit the papers after writing the exam until late and mix their papers with others in front of the gaping professor. That was done flawlessly, IMO

What i didnt like :-

1. Aamir spreading his eyes out in every scene, that was quite over the top. As a matter of fact, that's the major expression he uses in entire movie

2. Pants coming down every now and then

Anyways, the faults are way too less to dwell over them. The director, writer and actors have done a fantastic job and this movie deserves all the attention that its been garnering offlate.

5/5

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th January 2010 at 16:45.
Old 11th January 2010, 10:21   #595
BHPian

Watched Rocket Singh last weekend. Nice movie, total time pass stuff. One time watchable. Last 15 minutes could have been better. Ranbir Kapoor is looking like a actual Sardar.
The movie depicted many close to real life situations faced by freshers in the industry. There are no songs in the movie. All the actors played there are part equally good. 2.5/5

And watched Jail also. I liked it. Not something great or extraordinary but Neil Nitin Mukesh was likeable. Again one time watchable. Manoj Bajpai was also decent, with a single expression face. Rest of the characters were kinda non-existent. But a different stuff from all the movies and shown some life inside jail also expected from Madhur Bandarkar but jail is not in the league of his earlier ones like page3 or corporate. 2.5/5
Old 11th January 2010, 23:57   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth View Post

Delivering a baby with a vacuum cleaner.
actually this was meant to show vaccume delivery (Ventouse) of a child. Yeah it was hillarious in the film but it was based in reality at least. But i guess when in doubt, call Kareena Kapoor to delivery ur baby
Old 12th January 2010, 17:57   #597
BHPian

I got a CD from a friend of these movies. All of them bit old.

a) Jashn - 1/5
b) Shortcut-con is on - can I give 0/5
c) Alladin - 1.5/5
d) Sankat City - 1.5/5

All of them totally Bakwas. Do not watch any of one of them.

Not recommended as 1 time watch also.

Last edited by smooth : 12th January 2010 at 17:59.
Old 12th January 2010, 18:43   #598
Team-BHP Support

Sankat City is ok for a one time watch IMO. Has its moments
Old 12th January 2010, 21:07   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Sankat City is ok for a one time watch IMO. Has its moments
May be due to the company of movies with which I have watched it. These all were in same CD.
IMO Sankat city can not be given more than 2 points, at max.
Old 12th January 2010, 21:29   #600
BHPian

Quote:
a) Jashn - 1/5
b) Shortcut-con is on - can I give 0/5
c) Alladin - 1.5/5
d) Sankat City - 1.5/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth View Post
May be due to the company of movies with which I have watched it. These all were in same CD.
IMO Sankat city can not be given more than 2 points, at max.
All four in 1 CD! Any new compression format?

PS. I watched Govind Nihlani's Hazaar Chaurasi Ki Ma this evening. Jaya Bachchan's acting was superb. The movie is based on Mahasweta Devi's novel.

Last edited by tortoiseNhare : 12th January 2010 at 21:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks