Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2022, 21:56   #3901
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

THAR Netfilx

A revenge story set in the desert with the feel of a western cowboy movie. We have seen this kind of movies earlier as well. The difference is the technical aspect of the movie which is brilliant. Cinematography is top notch but the same can’t be said about the story. Anil Kapoor is in top form and clearly outshines his son, although to be fair, Harsh Kapoor has acted well within his boundaries. One time good watch.

Rating: 3/5
ABHI_1512 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 09:17   #3902
Senior - BHPian

Watched The Kashmir Files on Zee5. Left me speechless. Must watch for everyone. All I can do is just pray the victims get their due and nobody has to face the same fate.

Rating a solid 5/5

Last edited by SoumenD : 15th May 2022 at 09:22.
SoumenD is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 20:03   #3903
Senior - BHPian

Runway 34 - Theatre - 4/5

One of the finest flight themed movies, do watch before it goes out of the big screen. Surprised and happy to see that we can make such movies with such ace and especially such aircraft drama which can get messed up if graphics and content is not made right. This is on par or better than several hollywood flight drama movies.

Hats off to Ajay Devgn for his direction, if at all I become a fan him is probably going to be for making this movie.

No exaggerations, no over romantic songs, no nonsense. A fine thriller with some good acting by all. Sad to see this not becoming a commercial success. The graphics is done well and you experience it as real. Will enjoy every minute of it.

The first half is of a narrow escape during landing on a very bad weather and second half is of investigation of this incident. Big B does the job of investigator with charm.

PS: After the traumatic watch of the infamous aircraft scenes in the movie "Beast" (The Regional movies thread!) here down south, now this is a big relief and treat to the eyes.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 19th May 2022 at 20:29.
balenoed_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 20:29   #3904
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear . I wanted to watch this movie but I guess OTT, it will be! BTW Have you watched Flight and Sully before catching this movie? Any similarities?
Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Runway 34 - Theatre - 4/5
Old 19th May 2022, 20:35   #3905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Good to hear . I wanted to watch this movie but I guess OTT, it will be! BTW Have you watched Flight and Sully before catching this movie? Any similarities?
Yes, I have watched both and Sully in theatre. This has shades of both like the pilot mannerisms of Flight and Heroic stature that Sully gained. But certainly better than Flight in terms of handling the graphics and better than Sully with some sensible investigation scenes in the whole of second half. Like I said, nothing is overdone, just a fine movie.
balenoed_ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 01:40   #3906
Distinguished - BHPian

Jersey Netfilx

Having seen the original in Telegu, I wanted to see this Hindi version featuring Shahid Kapoor and Mrunal Thakur. Well, I found this version has more heart. May be partly due to the superlative acting that Shahid has come up with and partly due to the brilliant music. Mrunal Thakur should get more meaty roles to show how good an actress she is and one can add no more words of appreciation for Pankaj Kapoor. The length could have been little shorter though. Very good watch..

Rating: 3.5/ 5
ABHI_1512 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 01:50   #3907
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Jersey Netfilx

May be partly due to the superlative acting that Shahid has come up with and partly due to the brilliant music. Mrunal Thakur should get more meaty roles to show how good an actress she is and one can add no more words of appreciation for Pankaj Kapoor. The length could have been little shorter though. Very good watch.
Jersey: Netflix
Fully with you on all of the above. I haven’t seen the original but this was a brilliant movie in itself. While it could have been shorter, the core cast is absolutely brilliant and keeps you engaged throughout its protracted timeline. Shahid is spectacularly understated but is almost perfect in every frame. Pankaj Kapoor is an effortless class act as always. Would love to see more from Mrunal Thakur too - to hold her own sharing screen with these two stalwarts is no mean feat and she does it well. Liked her in Toofan as well and now this was even better.

3.5 / 5 from me too for this one.

Last edited by Axe77 : 24th May 2022 at 01:52.
Axe77 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 03:38   #3908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
THAR Netfilx

A revenge story set in the desert with the feel of a western cowboy movie. We have seen this kind of movies earlier as well. T....
Rating: 3/5
Quote:
Jersey Netfilx

Having seen the original in Telegu, I wanted to see this Hindi version featuring Shahid Kapoor and Mrunal Thakur. ...
Both these movies had one thing in Common- Yezdi. The typically characteristic exhaust sound left me Nostalgic. I miss my Roadking. :(
14000rpm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 07:03   #3909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

2/5
Saw it over the weekend and I was rather disappointed. Ranvir Singh acted decently but I felt that the screenplay was very poor. I did not feel any connection with the story or how significant it was. In contrast, I was cheering every scene in Dhoni and can still watch it again. The unnecessary drama with the wives getting jeered etc was just unwanted.
The main thing that went against 83 was that everyone and their dog's puppy knows the story of how India won the cup. Its not that old enough to evoke a nostalgic feeling. So there was no ecstatic feeling watching how the actual victory happened from a sport point of view. This robbed the movie of its USP, regardless of how much effort Ranveer and Co. put in their performances. They simply appeared to faithfully reproduce the match proceedings.
Another small reason I can think of is that cricketing stories are now becoming jaded and will not light up the "big" screen. They are ok for an OTT type of platform.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 24th May 2022 at 07:06.
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 00:28   #3910
BHPian

Attack part 1 - Zee 5

2.5/10

This is a ok-ok movie to watch , story is really predictable. The action scenes and VFX are better than most hindi action movies . This movie could be a solid 3.8/5 if they wouldn't have casted Jacqueline. There are so many songs which made no sense in the movie , Jacqueline with her over acting/ bad acting made the scenes with her in it a torture to watch .

John Abraham is the one who saved the movie with his action sequences and stunts . The rest of the actors acting was MEH .
Hawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 06:27   #3911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Attack part 1 - Zee 5

2.5/10

This is a ok-ok movie to watch , story is really predictable. The action scenes and VFX are better than most hindi action movies
The action scenes alone saved the movie and made it watchable just for once if nothing else is available to do. I found the political interference in the movie un required, they should have concentrated on the story rather. Also didnt like the mockery made of the security forces.

Even my rating would be less than 3.

Heropanti 2

Streaming on Prime video

Avoid, avoid, avoid. I dont understand why such movies are even made. Torturous

Rating: 0/5
ghodlur is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 14:50   #3912
Senior - BHPian

If anyone was waiting for this to arrive on OTT platforms(Amazon prime). Will watch it over the weekend. So much hype , will rewatch part-1 first and then this
Attached Thumbnails
The Hindi Movies Thread-1a693f316c3d44028c4dba2771247484.png  

Last edited by SoumenD : 3rd June 2022 at 15:18.
SoumenD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 09:09   #3913
BHPian

Heropanti 2

Rating - -1/5

I watched the first 45 minutes of the movie and i questioned the fact that someone parted with their hard earned money to watch this disastrous movie .

Himmatwala looks like a masterpiece in front of it . Anyone who is thinking to watch it , please make your enemies watch this movie and they are sure to lose their mind .

After making the movie do these actors even see their movies once ? Unnecessary songs , No story , Tiger shroff is just dancing every 5 seconds and the less i say about the dialogues in the movie , the more it's better . I just switched the TV off after 45 minutes , please save your mind and don't watch this movie .

Last edited by GTO : 13th June 2022 at 14:14. Reason: Guess you meant 1 / 5 :)
Hawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 09:24   #3914
KPR
BANNED

Heropanti 2 music was made by ARR. Atrocious . Why should he choose such films? Something wrong with his finances?
KPR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 12:56   #3915
BHPian

HEROPANTI 2- MUST WATCH - BUT strictly with your friends because watching without them, this film is be a torture beyond repair. One that could scar you for ever.

This is from a mass scene in Vedhalam starring Ajith.
The Hindi Movies Thread-ajith-original.png

When Tiger does it in the stolen scene, you get this.
The Hindi Movies Thread-hero-2.png
The Hindi Movies Thread-hero-21.png

The First and Foremost condition to be a part of this movie was for each member involved to avoid their respective skills like they avoid the plague, for example, the actors should stay away from acting(they managed to get the worst out of Nawazuddin in this one), the story writer should not write a story, the editor should cut scenes without proper continuity, the director (anyway a bad one) should stay away from giving a proper direction to this, the music director should give his worst (they managed to make AR Rahman sing a bad song with a double entendre), the action director should pack his brains before coming to the set(Benz SUV rams into a high speed train from a side, enters the compartment and then drives inside the bogie as if on the Mumbai Pune expressway). GNCAP is planning to introduce a 50 star safety rating for cars after watching this movie.

This is the same team that made Baaghi3. They should have stayed away from movie making for a few years post that. But No, they get producers who bring us a movie that nobody asked for. Sad thing is that this team is coming up with another action film OM starring another Kapoor kid, which from the trailer appears to be made from the leftovers of the Baaghi 3 sets and scenes stolen from probably the Bourne series (just a guess)

If Tiger is part of a few more movies like this, his career as an actor will be under threat.

I could easily go on about things wrong with H2 but trust me, watching this with friends will be a laugh riot. We boys had a lot of fun watching this on a lazy day.
AnnaRocks is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks