Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2018, 12:57   #3151
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Guys, please update on Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster 3 if anyone's seen it. Media reviews aren't encouraging. Thanks!
Old 30th July 2018, 09:29   #3152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, please update on Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster 3 if anyone's seen it. Media reviews aren't encouraging. Thanks!
Have not seen the movie, but trust this guy's reviews. You might want to have a look at it.

https://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com...chable-sequel/
Old 30th July 2018, 10:34   #3153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Absolute avoid! Wasted my weekend.
Old 30th July 2018, 16:41   #3154
Oxy
BHPian

Watched Love Per Square Foot on Netflix yesterday and quite enjoyed it. Good performances by the actors.

Would recommend for a weekend watch.
Old 12th August 2018, 14:16   #3155
BHPian

These days Amazon and Netflix originals are getting quite popular. And there is a merit. While you get uncut stories and lively expressions, the scripts in general are very tight and many of the series are very bold and close to reality. One may watch Sacred Games or Lust Stories in private..
Old 13th August 2018, 16:11   #3156
BHPian

Watched Masaan on Netflix after much delay.
I am thoroughly moved by this film and believable storyline.
The performances all great. This is the debut film of Vicky Kaushal, who over the years has transformed into one of the best actors in the business.

I've surely become a fan of Varun Grover now. What a story teller!

4.5/5
Old 13th August 2018, 17:07   #3157
BHPian

Karwaan - 4/5

Nice, sweet, clean, soulful comedy. One of the rare ones these days that one can enjoy watching in the cinema along with the parents as well.

Irrfan, as usual, is brilliant. This is the first time I watched any movie with Dulquer Salmaan in it and he was impressive. He managed to play a subdued character quite well. Rest of the cast also did their part well but the movie belongs to Irrfan and then Dulquer.

Kerala looked so beautiful in this movie that I really want to plan a road trip to Kerala now.
Old 17th August 2018, 21:10   #3158
Senior - BHPian

Watched Veeray Di Wedding

So i knew this is loosely based on Sex and the City movie after watching the trailer what I didn't realize is that in their attempt to cover up the copy they have messed up the perfectly good story. The screenplay is so bad that its frustrating. The character build up is extremely poor. Kudos to the actors to give life to such poorly written characters and storyline. They either had good guest writers or the writers were allowed some freedom from time to time as few scenes in the movie are funny and good to watch.

1 star for actors and 0.5 for few good scenes in between.

1.5/5
Old 20th August 2018, 10:55   #3159
Team-BHP Support

Saw Secret Superstar on Netflix yesterday.

I was very pleasantly surprised by how well the movie turned out, terrific acting by the kids: Zaira Wasim and Tirth Sharma, and Meher Vij. An apt Sunday afternoon family movie.

4.5/5
Old 20th August 2018, 10:56   #3160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Karwaan - 4/5

Nice, sweet, clean, soulful comedy. One of the rare ones these days that one can enjoy watching in the cinema along with the parents as well.

Irrfan, as usual, is brilliant. This is the first time I watched any movie with Dulquer Salmaan in it and he was impressive. He managed to play a subdued character quite well. Rest of the cast also did their part well but the movie belongs to Irrfan and then Dulquer.

Kerala looked so beautiful in this movie that I really want to plan a road trip to Kerala now.
Completely agree with the review. Irrfan has done a rockstar job and so has the entire support cast. It's a very good, clean family movie.

I'd rate it 3.5 stars

Only negative being that I couldn't relate to the total indifference towards ones fathers demise. And maybe a couple of scenes could have been edited by a few minutes.

Overall - lovely movie.
Old 20th August 2018, 19:12   #3161
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Saw Secret Superstar on Netflix yesterday.

I was very pleasantly surprised by how well the movie turned out, terrific acting by the kids
Have watched it twice. If you haven't already, see Dangal for some more Aamir Khan + Zaira Wasim magic.
Old 20th August 2018, 20:34   #3162
BHPian

Finally caught up with Masaan on Netflix. Completely understand what the hype was about. Great characters and wonderful acting. Vicky Kaushal, Richa Chadda, Sanjay Mishra were absolutely superb.
Old 29th August 2018, 09:48   #3163
Senior - BHPian

Race 3 is available on prime video. Wife being major Salman Khan fan had to play it. 15 mins in and it has to be one of the worst Indian movie ever. Switched off and back to streaming Ghoul.
Old 29th August 2018, 10:16   #3164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Race 3 is available on prime video. Wife being major Salman Khan fan had to play it. 15 mins in and it has to be one of the worst Indian movie ever. Switched off and back to streaming Ghoul.
But it was an open secret...it is the worst rated movie of Sallu...

Before watching anything I prefer to see the rediff rating and IMDB rating and take an average

Quote:
Have watched it twice. If you haven't already, see Dangal for some more Aamir Khan + Zaira Wasim magic.
I still wonder how someone can watch the (whole) movie twice..I've heard people saying that I watched that movie 10 times..

I did that once, Interstellar, because my kids wanted to explain the whole movie..

Last edited by navin : 29th August 2018 at 11:15.
Old 29th August 2018, 10:30   #3165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Situations like these are better kept only between you and your better half; your household business is your business, none of our business

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks