Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2018, 11:41   #3166
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
But it was an open secret...it is the worst rated movie of Sallu...

Before watching anything I prefer to see the rediff rating and IMDB rating and take an average

I still wonder how someone can watch the (whole) movie twice..I've heard people saying that I watched that movie 10 times..

I did that once, Interstellar, because my kids wanted to explain the whole movie..
Same here. I usually watch movies on a weekday and never when they release. Get to know the reviews and ticket prices are also low by then. IMDB is great for English movie reviews but Hindi ones are mostly biased.

I can watch a movie twice, not in theater though. But, it has to be really fun for a rewatch. Can't see a Dangal twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Situations like these are better kept only between you and your better half; your household business is your business, none of our business

I believe this is a story of most households. You can't defy the boss of the house no matter how much you argue the opposite.
Old 3rd September 2018, 13:30   #3167
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
IMDB is great for English movie reviews but Hindi ones are mostly biased.
IMDB & Rotten Tomatoes are amazing for English movies. If a flick is well rated on both, you can bet that it's a great watch.

However, for Hindi movies, IMDB sucks. Have seen many movies which were rated 7 or 8 out of 10, but they were absolute duds.

This thread is the only source I trust for Hindi movie reviews.
Old 3rd September 2018, 13:38   #3168
Team-BHP Support

Guys, please share reviews of Stree. I have been hearing only positive word of mouth for this movie, so it is on my watch-list.
Old 8th September 2018, 10:17   #3169
Team-BHP Support

Watched Hope Aur Hum on Neflix.

A pleasant take on a typical middle class family centered around an old piece of equipment. Naseeruddin Shah delivers a lovely performance and so does the kid playing his grandson.

A nice Sunday afternoon watch with family.

4/5
Old 8th September 2018, 12:12   #3170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Guys, please share reviews of Stree. I have been hearing only positive word of mouth for this movie, so it is on my watch-list.
Must watch.
For once Hindi cinema has done justice to comedy+horror genre. Just the right amount of both when needed. Acting is top notch. Thoroughly enjoyed.
Rating- 4/5.
Old 9th September 2018, 07:43   #3171
BHPian

Any recommendations for old Hindi movies online besides EroseNow, Amazon prime and Netflix ? I'm interested in late 50s and 60's bollywood films.
Old 9th September 2018, 09:11   #3172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
Any recommendations for old Hindi movies online besides EroseNow, Amazon prime and Netflix ? I'm interested in late 50s and 60's bollywood films.
I have found youtube a pretty reliable source of hindi movies; especially the good ones uploaded by movie production houses and media content powerhouses; legal copies on the site.

Apart from that a general google search on "watch <movie> online" gives you options; the initial few results offer you legitimate (or atleast spam free) options to watch old movies.
Old 9th September 2018, 09:42   #3173
BHPian

Stree - 3.5/5

One of those movies that I should have watched without listening to all the hype. Somewhere the hype subdues the experience. It's a good movie with a combination of some chills and one genuine laugh out loud moment.

Rajkumar Rao, as usual, is good but we have seen better work from him.

Shraddha Kapoor was ok, which as per me is good as I never expected much out of her. I have only seen one movie of her before this and that was Ek Villain. Just watched about 5 mins of it and switched to another movie because of her overacting. So, the fact that she was ok is saying a lot. Perhaps a better actor might have lifted that character.

I found Aparshakti Khurana and Pankaj Tripathi (as expected) the best. Not a bad watch. The ones that get scared should watch it when it makes it to the TV/Web. The sound system in cinemas is what will make the experience scary for them.

Going to watch Laila Majnu later today as I really liked the way the lead actor acted in Tu Hai Mera Sunday (must watch) and there are rave reviews about his acting in this movie.
Old 10th September 2018, 16:16   #3174
BHPian

Laila Majnu

Unable to rate this movie. In fact, I am confused on whether I liked the movie. The first half felt ordinary and typical Bollywood movie with a backdrop of beautiful Kashmir.

It's the second half where the movie picks up and that too the last 40 odd minutes where it's completely dominated by the male actor (Avinash Tiwari). His energy and acting prowess made me forget all the flaws. What the character does and thinks might not make much sense but still one can feel the passion/pain because of the actor's acting. That's how good that guy is.

Watch this movie only because of the main guy's acting and you won't be disappointed. The music is also nice especially a couple of songs (Hafiz and O Meri Laila).
Old 13th September 2018, 17:13   #3175
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw Paltan.
Please dont see it.

Its just a mish mash of action sequences, over-acted army bluster, and bad acting. Arjun Rampal almost looks like he was blackmailed into doing the film!!

1/5
Old 15th September 2018, 02:12   #3176
Team-BHP Support

Stree = 4.75 stars

This is a one of a kind Hindi movie - I haven't seen this genre before. Brilliant story, dialogues, screenplay and almost perfect acting by everyone except Shraddha Kapoor.

It is a must watch, but only in a movie theater.

PS: The movie has a U/A rating, but my 7 year old was scared out of her wits. She is a little intolerant towards sudden, loud noises and the movie has plenty of such moments. Please think twice before taking young children for this one.
Old 15th September 2018, 07:37   #3177
Team-BHP Support

Watched Karwaan yesterday.

The movie has its fun moments but it goes from one scene to another too soon; not very involving.

2.5/5
Old 15th September 2018, 12:18   #3178
BHPian

Stree is a terrific film which is worth a watch on the big screen. I enjoyed myself thoroughly. The only jarring thing in the film was the really bad songs which could have been done away with. I thought Pankaj Tripathi stole the show in this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
The movie has a U/A rating, but my 7 year old was scared out of her wits. She is a little intolerant towards sudden, loud noises and the movie has plenty of such moments. Please think twice before taking young children for this one.
I'm very very surprised that the move is certified U/A. There are enough jump scares in there to spook adults. Our censor/certification board works in mysterious ways.
Old 16th September 2018, 08:30   #3179
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Anyone up for repeat-watches? Somehow ended up seeing '3 Idiots' again. What an intelligent, hilarious, thought-provoking movie. Undoubtedly one of the best Indian cinema has made.
Old 16th September 2018, 09:07   #3180
BHPian

Manmarziyaan 4.0/ 5

Excellent movie. Superb screen play and the movie has its own share of twists and turns.

The movie depicts the sheer trouble of arranged marriages where people get into one despite being in another relationship.

Movies of this genre are fairly rare these days. All the 3 lead actors have performed their roles admirably.

Last edited by Ragavsr : 16th September 2018 at 09:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks