Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2022, 17:57   #3991
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRocks View Post
I saw Cuttputli on Hotstar and HIT:The first case on Netflix
My view is based on the fact that I have seen both the original ones HIT(Telugu-2020) and RATSASAN(Tamil – 2018).
Ratsasan was a good thriller but IMHO I don't think it's a movie for Hindi audience . In my opinion it's more suited for the South
Old 11th September 2022, 15:28   #3992
Distinguished - BHPian

Brahmastra Part One - Shiva

More dazzling fireworks, less substance.

Has a great concept which can be expanded into a full-fledged rival to the Marvel and the DC cinematic universes, but if it gets the right treatment in subsequent sequels.

Watch it for the razzle-dazzle and an interesting plotline but which falls short in it's final execution.

* * ½
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 09:36   #3993
BHPian

Movie: Brahmastra part 1: Shiva

Where: Maxx movies

Rating: 3/5

Brahmastra is a major missed opportunity by its makers. It had all the potential to be an all-time great but is reduced to a onetime popcorn fare.

Beware of,

-Atrocious dialogues, pure cringe at some places, writing and lack of depth.
- Inspirations from Harry Potter to Starwars in pursuit of a "Brahmastra" an indian version of marvels "tesseract"
- Wasted cameos by SRK and Nagarjuna.
- Abrupt jumps from one situation to other. Goes with the pace of the screenplay but better writing could have made it more bearable.

What saves it?

-Sincere performances despite shoddy lines. Ranbir Kapoor manages to add humor with his decent comic timing. Alia bhatt survives some of the worst lines in her career. An evergreen Amitabh Bachchan who still packs a glorious punch.

- The pacing is decent and keeps the viewer engaged throughout

- Great VFX and BG score. One of the biggest and best for Hindi cinema.

It was a great 3d experience overall, however there is no denying this is a lost opportunity. Ayan Mukherjee sure know his stuff but he ain't no Rajamouli. There is nothing for viewers to take home.

The standards are high today and Brahmastra falls short. But nevertheless it is a fun one time watch. No wonder it is running to packed houses. And with tickets selling for more than 600 bucks a piece its no surprise the collections are huge

They have a chance to redeem themselves in the second part. Looking forward to it.
400notout is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 09:41   #3994
BHPian

Not encouraging enough to watch Brahmastra ! Will wait for OTT.

The director has declared it a hit after it made 75 crores for a reported making cost of 450 crores
Old 12th September 2022, 10:27   #3995
BHPian

Watched Brahmastra in 3D yesterday.

Rating - 2/5.

They basically took a little of X-Men, Harry Potter and a lot of Avengers and made it into a Hindi Movie.

The Good - VFX for sure and BGM at some places.
THE BAD - Dialogues(One of the cringiest), story flow, dubbing, dubbing was so bad, so bad. Felt like some of the actors were just there because they were director's or producers relatives.

Give it a pass if you can wait for it to hit OTT. They could have turned this into so much more but they could not. This had the potential. Sad.
Engine_Roars is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 15:45   #3996
BHPian

Didn't have the guts to spend money on watching Brahmastra in a multiplex, after reading hilarious reviews. It's coming soon on Disney+ Hotstar it seems.

Watched Cuttputtli on Disney+ Hotstar over the weekend. What a damp squib, to be honest! The execution is downright ridiculous to say the least. Looks like Akshay Kumar is also going through quite a bad patch these days; or maybe the whole of Bollywood is under a cursed spell currently.
P.s. Akshay Kumar romancing Rakulpreet is the dictionary definition of cringe! Not sure why makers still think this kind of casting still works.
IamNikhil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 16:44   #3997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Watched Cuttputtli on Disney+ Hotstar over the weekend. What a damp squib, to be honest! The execution is downright ridiculous to say the least. Looks like Akshay Kumar is also going through quite a bad patch these days; or maybe the whole of Bollywood is under a cursed spell currently.
P.s. Akshay Kumar romancing Rakulpreet is the dictionary definition of cringe! Not sure why makers still think this kind of casting still works.
+1 to the review. The movie could have been much more taut and slick. I am a sucker for thriller movies even if they are really bad.

Couldn't understand the numerology part of naming the title with C than a K.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 23:12   #3998
AZT
BHPian

Saw Brahmastra today. I'm surprised I saw 2 Bollywood movies at the the theaters in a month. Before this (since the pandemic) it's only been Marvel movies / Top Gun Maverick / other Hollywood movies I can't recall.

This and Lal Singh were at different ends of the spectrum. Lal Singh was more a slow burn and deep while this was in your face special effects with always something happening in the plot. Definitely a CGI master piece. The story and lines could be better but it makes me proud to say our CGI studios are doing amazing work. Saw the movie in 3d and Ranbir playing with fire balls reminded me of scenes from Shang Chi and the 10 rings.

The cinematic experience was quite something and I don't think watching this on Hotstar would have been as enjoyable. The end credits showed storyboard art work of key scenes which is what Jon Favreau does at the end of his episodes of The Mandalorian, and The Book of Boba Fett, though those look a lot better made.

All in all worth a watch.

Last edited by AZT : 18th September 2022 at 23:29.
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 08:57   #3999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRocks View Post
I saw Cuttputli on Hotstar and HIT:The first case on Netflix
CUTTPUTLLI:
The villain in the original had won huge appreciation without a single dialogue. The one in Hindi explaining things in the climax felt funny. For those who have not seen the original, Cuttputli will be a one-time watch.
Question - in the original Tamil version, is the villain the same character? Or did they change it up in the Hindi version?

I watched the Hindi version and the villain character reveal was a proper damp squib.
Old 23rd September 2022, 08:53   #4000
BHPian

LIGER- SAALA CROSSBREED - on Hotstar.
It is a Crossbreed between Telugu and Hindi movies of the 90's and badly executed.
Not writing much on this. Please skip this and save your time. Thank me later.
AnnaRocks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 00:41   #4001
Senior - BHPian

Just finished watching Babli Bouncer on Hotstar, apart from Babli carrying same surname as mine, loved the movie.

I found it to be a good entertainer and a good flow of the overall movie. The pace is good and the movie is quite practical on what happens in one particular segment of people.

She didn't do fight with Politicians son and made him understand shows that the storyline is tried to be kept quite practical and not an overboard.

I enjoyed the movie thoroughly, the critics have given it not so good rating, but I loved it.

Nice entertainment.
tanwaramit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 23:48   #4002
BHPian

BRAHMASTRA-Part 1
Saw Brahmastra at a Carnival screenl after much hesitation. Do watch in theatres, not for the story maybe, but for the visual effects as I feel that OTT viewing won't do justice to the VFX experience. The viewing on mobiles and small screens resulted in the backlash after the first trailer came out, especially for the VFX part, which I feel is the best one till date from Bollywood. The trailer and songs made it look like one of those Sony Bravia TV ads. But the effects actually look good on the large screen and even the movie is not as bad as it is made out to be on social media. Yes there are flaws, which mainly I felt was the love story which slows down the pace occasionally and the dialogues. (If you remove the word SHIVA from Alia's dialogues, you are probably left with less than a minute of any interesting dialogue from her).
But this effort needs to be appreciated and I hope the makers correct the errors and come up with a much better second part.

Last edited by AnnaRocks : 24th September 2022 at 23:52.
AnnaRocks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 05:03   #4003
KPR
BANNED

Cutputtli. 2/5. Can someone in Himachal confirm me if police Kasauni use imported Jeep SUV or Pajero for their official purpose and an imported Kia for their personal? The movie is not good and best is to avoid so that 2:30 hrs of time and data are saved for something good like Ratchasan in Tamil.
Old 25th September 2022, 16:36   #4004
Senior - BHPian

Just back from Bramhastra-I. In short a Visual Treat.

Agree with the comments about dialogues. Cringy at times, mediocre for rest of the time. But thanks to the reviews my expectations were centred around the VFX and they didn’t disappoint. By far the best visuals in an Indian movie till date. Sequel is going to be pretty great am sure if they work on the dialogues a bit. Rest the plot was good, although predictable at times but never the less was worth watching in big screen.

Oh yes, I went in IMAX for the best possible experience. Its my 1st movie post pandemic in a theatre and I have no regrets whatsoever.

Rating 3.5/5. Watch it in theatres for the visuals. Won’t be as nice in OTT for sure

Last edited by SoumenD : 25th September 2022 at 16:39.
SoumenD is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 15:27   #4005
BHPian

Bubli Bouncer 3/5

It's a lazy evening timepass watch. I have enjoyed it. Nice no nonsense feelgood romcom. Tamanna's performance was very good.

Compared to the latest so called comedy movies like jug jug jeeyo and all, this is far better.
Asish_VK is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks